PDA

View Full Version : FTP problems

Jkusuda
09-11-2005, 12:35 PM
One of my boxen cannot upload stats for some reason. I've checked its network connection and everything is fine. It runs DIMES and that seems to be doing ok. I didn't notice it until I went in and saw a results file that was over 300kb long and a number of unsent results text files. I already emailed the admin but haven't heard anything back.

em99010pepe
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Do you have the autosend on? Could you post here the name of the txt files?
I can help you.

Your problem is fixed by turning off the autosend. Sometimes it doesn't work well. So you should have a few 20050911-123256-QRX56-jkusuda[Free-DC.org].txt files, right?
Those 2005blablajkusuda[Free-DC.org].txt files were created when you tried to send the results without success. They are still good to send.

Make a backup of those files. If the server is down rename them to results1.txt, results2.txt, etc, and wait for the server to be up.
If the server is up move the results1.txt to your DPAD folder, rename it to results.txt and send it. Move the results2.txt to your DPAD folder, rename it to results.txt and send it. Etc.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Jkusuda
09-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Carlos,

Those are the names of the files. I will try to do what you've suggested. Thanks for the quick response!

:cheers:

JustEmazing
03-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Amazing what a lil forum searching will dig up!
I'll give it try. I seem to be having some upload problems and indeed have a file with one of those long funny names sitting there.

Thanks!