PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta news

Bok
10-06-2005, 04:39 PM
October 6, 2005
We are happy to announce that this project is no longer beta. We are getting very interesting scientific results and the project is operating well thanks to user participation and input. We will post updated results soon so stay tuned!

October 5, 2005
The server and web site upgrade to BOINC 5+ is complete. Work is flowing again and the site seems okay and functional. There are some minor changes in the look and feel of the web site that were added to stay consistent with BOINC and to make future upgrades easier. Please post any significant issues that come up regarding the server and site upgrade at this forum thread.

Jeff
10-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Bok
October 6, 2005
We are happy to announce that this project is no longer beta. We are getting very interesting scientific results and the project is operating well thanks to user participation and input. We will post updated results soon so stay tuned!

Well that's pretty darn :cool:!!! :woot:

Digital Parasite
10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Awesome, I will try and start setting up boxen tomorrow. What do I have to do in order to join the FDC team?

Bok
10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
Awesome, I will try and start setting up boxen tomorrow. What do I have to do in order to join the FDC team?

When you create an account on the Rosetta home page and then login, you'll see an option for joining a team, search for Free-DC and hit 'join this team'.

Alternatively, use this url (http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/create_account_form.php?teamid=5) to create your account and it should auto-join.

Bok :D

PY 222
10-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Interesting news. Stomping time again.

Will _try_ to set up BOINC... *gulp* to run this project.

Digital Parasite
10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Ok, I have client #1 setup and running, although its currently not set to dump until after the weekend.

It looks like you can only set your prefs globally for the client on the website? So I can't have some clients connecting all the time with 24/7 access, and others only connecting every few days ?

Fozzie
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
The Home and Work prefs I think for this sort of thing, I haven't myself but it may work for you.

Bok
10-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes,

I set some of my clients to be work, others home to allow different caching. Works fine.

Bok

Digital Parasite
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Cool, I will have to try that, thanks. 83% done my first WU.

I tried BoincView. I set up a second machine getting its data via fileshare but I keep getting errors that it can't read certain data properly so not really working for me.

Bok
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Don't use the fileshare. Use the network option.

On the client either start it with -allow_remote_gui_rpc or in the BOINC directory create a file named

remote_hosts.cfg

inside it just have the ip address of the machine running boincview.

Bok