PDA

View Full Version : Vaccine blocks cervical cancer

IronBits
10-06-2005, 11:54 PM
TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- The first major study of an experimental vaccine to prevent cervical cancer found it was 100 percent effective, in the short term, at blocking the disease and lesions likely to turn cancerous, drug maker Merck & Co. said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/10/06/cancer.vaccine.ap/index.html

Great news!

magnav0x
10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Very important discovery indeed!

black_civic55
10-07-2005, 01:28 AM
great news and from New Jersey might I add!!! *cough cough*

QIbHom
10-07-2005, 01:57 PM
This is good news, and not just for women, since those viruses affect men, too (genetal warts, anyone?). But Merck is only going to market it to women and girls for now, because they don't think men will buy it.

Sometimes, I just want to start slapping people...

lynette.
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
My mum died of cervical cancer, (aged 50) I've had all the relevant parts removed....eeeh:Pokes: Have you got 'em Iron-bits? (not warts) just the the bits they nicked. (you all really needed to know that...)
No seriously this is ace news, but more men need to know about the Human Papilloma virus, especially in the U.K. Some of the kids I have taught thought that they were growing an extension.:banana:

Bok
03-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Good news indeed.

Oh and Lynette, glad to see you on here!

Bok

lynette.
03-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Why thankyou kind sir,

But I fear that when the mind, if the mind, ever manages to figure itself out t'will implode.and then there won't be any you, or me or anyone just a big mess.....all over and no one there to clean it up 'cept very clever animals trusting that their brains havn't implod.............I think it is time for my medication.:blush:

IronBits
03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
The only thing I'm missing is my appendix so far ;)

Glad to see you posting! Did you receive my emails about BBC Climate Prediction?

the-mk
03-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Do you really miss it? :D

lynette.
03-03-2006, 07:05 PM

Glad to see you posting! Did you receive my emails about BBC Climate Prediction?

Yes thanks, getting things sorted better now. Your help was invaluable even though you are 'retired'.:bang: You saved me a lot of head aches.

lynette.
03-04-2006, 06:27 AM
Do you really miss it? :D

Well, he had grown quite attached to it!!:looney: