PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

n7vxj
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I downloaded rosetta my Home/Dan/Documents.I cd to documents and did the sh x thing like the instructions said to do, now it tells me torun /BOINC/run_client and /BOINC/boincmgr Which of these to I need to do, or do I need to do both?

EDIT!! I got it running but I went into TOP and it only shows .3 % cpu usage.How do I go about getting it to use 100% cpu cycle on my cpu's?This dually is strictly a cruncher so I want to do it's thing!!!

Fozzie
10-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Starting the client, hopefully that will answer your question.

n7vxj
10-20-2005, 03:59 AM
Thanks Fozzie!! I appear to have it running now.The only down side is I can't close the window in xterm once it is started.if I close the window, it kills the client, so I just keep it minimized.Next question: Where do I go to find out how many WU's I've done, points, etc..?

Bok
10-20-2005, 07:52 AM
NV,

try experimenting with 'screen'....

from xterm, type screen, then start the client, then hit

CTRL-A, lift off and press D, this detaches screen, but it is still running. To get back to it at any time use

screen -list which will give you the screen 'name'

then use

screen -R 'name'

Bok

man screen

for more info

n7vxj
10-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks Bok!! You Da Man!! :notworthy I tried screen, and it works like a champ!!!

Bok
10-20-2005, 10:54 AM
:cool:

quick hint, if you only have one screen running, just use

screen -R

to reattach, it defaults to the one running.

EVERYONE should use screen on linux :)

Bok

n7vxj
10-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Next Question for you Guys.Yea I know...again!! :p I showed having uploaded some completed work, but I don't see anything on any stats anywhere showing having uploaded work.Whats the story there? Am I just looking in the wrong places for stats, or what?

Bok
10-20-2005, 11:34 AM
They only export data every 6 hours so 3rd party stats are a little behind.

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/hosts_user.php?userid=5556 shows that you contacted the server fairly recently though.

Check the results on that page in real time.

Bok