PDA

View Full Version : Please help your fellow Free-DCers at Riesel Sieve sieving

jasong
10-19-2005, 07:56 PM
We need a LOT of help over at Riesel Sieve. We are in 6th place right now and have a long hill to climb to get to 5th. We need more Free-DC sievers(as opposed to LLRers) badly.

If you decide to help(or are already helping), please post in the Free-DC Riesel Sieve team forum. I know there are people other than me and Carlos(who posts as em-something[sorry Carlos]) and I'd like to know who you are.

Edit: Forgot to post the website:

http://www.rieselsieve.com

Edit 2:The website is a little messed up, if you want to reserve a range, click on Statistics and go to bottom of the list on the left side.

birdman2584
10-19-2005, 08:17 PM
since Intel P4's work best on the LLRing, i would recommend anyone coming to this project to consider what their system is and what it would be best doing. That is the main reason I am choosing to do LLR. To each their own.:thumbs:

jasong
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by birdman2584
since Intel P4's work best on the LLRing, i would recommend anyone coming to this project to consider what their system is and what it would be best doing. That is the main reason I am choosing to do LLR. To each their own.:thumbs:
Excellent point. The recommendation of the project leader is P4s should LLR, non-64 bit AMDs and non P4 Intels should sieve, and AMD-64s should do whatever they want(although I'd prefer them sieving)

Btw, in case anybody got the wrong idea, I am definitely NOT the project leader. Most of you will say, we KNEW THAT, but I figured my phrasing might confuse someone.

CaptainMooseInc
10-19-2005, 08:52 PM
I sieve and LLR...just do whatever tickles my fancy. Mostly sieving though. Sometimes when I get lazy and want to stop reserving ranges I do a bit of LLRing...but now that maefly is raping the queues I think I want to remove as many k/n pairs as possible.

-Jeff