PDA

View Full Version : 2 things I would like to know

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Who is #1 overall? and for those with outputs of 5M and up. What systems are you guys running?

em99010pepe
10-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by AnailizeR
Who is #1 overall? and for those with outputs of 5M and up. What systems are you guys running?

Users stats:

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/users/

First is DVNT1.

Teams stats:

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/teams/

First is TeamPrimeRib.

Within Free-DC maefly is first.

With three P4 3.0GHz machines you can get 6M.

Are you going to join us? How many machines do you have?

Carlos

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 07:49 AM
I am alright a member AnailizeR i am way at the 1900s, i just wanted to know how they did it ... and well I have about 8 pcs (old) on my network that I guess I can join it up .. but the pc i got running SB is my athlon 64 1.4 512
but then give me a bit more info if i put SB on each of my pcs I will get a higher outpu? if so uhmm.. that can be done specially at work ... i manage about 200 there... well let me know :Pokes:

jasong
10-20-2005, 07:59 AM
I am alright a member AnailizeR i am way at the 1900s, i just wanted to know how they did it ... and well I have about 8 pcs (old) on my network that I guess I can join it up .. but the pc i got running SB is my athlon 64 1.4 512
but then give me a bit more info if i put SB on each of my pcs I will get a higher outpu? if so uhmm.. that can be done specially at work ... i manage about 200 there... well let me know :Pokes:
200 pcs. WOW!!! Here's the advice(approximately at least) from the team leaders, but since they're your machines you can handle this advice however you want:

P4s should LLR. Non-64 bit AMDs and non-P4 Intels should sieve. 64-bit AMDs can go wherever, although I think sieving needs the most help. (Btw, there are people on the boards that can help you figure out how to track sieving from one main machine. It's pretty easy if they can all "see" each other)

Bok
10-20-2005, 08:01 AM
or you could use

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=php

and navigate to the various stats from there.

For an example of output, VERY roughly translated Intel Ghz = M, so a 3Ghz P4 will do ~ 3M.

Bok

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Well thanx a lot for that little insight guys, I will get on it asap. I will get it on my home network and start planning integration at work.:bathroom:

em99010pepe
10-20-2005, 08:29 AM
The most important is to run the project you like the most.

If you like SOB put everything on it although it's a waste of time running it on AMD's (my opinion).

If you need my help or anyone else here just post or send a private message.
You can check Bok's stats in here:

http://stats.free-dc.org/

Those 200 machines are Intel processors?

Free-DC is fighting in different projects:

Riesel Project: trying to climb in rankings
Rosetta@BOINC: going for first
FAD: fighting with Dutch Power Cows and going for 2nd place
DPAP: trying to climb in rankings
OGR-25: TOP30 is two weeks away
etc

Welcome. Enjoy the fun!

Carlos

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Well thanx a lot for that little insight guys, I will get on it asap. I will get it on my home network and start planning integration at work.:bathroom:
Oh so you are a P4 guy then?

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Well that was wierd.... and stupid... tried to quote u carlos... by the way.. not myself..

em99010pepe
10-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh so you are a P4 guy then?

AMD guy! The P4 3.0 GHz almost doubles the output of an AMD 64 3000+ when running SOB.

Carlos

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by em99010pepe
AMD guy! The P4 3.0 GHz almost doubles the output of an AMD 64 3000+ when running SOB.

Carlos
So basically P4 is the platform SB was built and tested under?

em99010pepe
10-20-2005, 01:31 PM
So basically P4 is the platform SB was built and tested under?

I don't know. You can ask the SOB guys. I think the client just needs pure GHz that's why is quicker on P4 machines. Also depends on the algorithm. I am not the right person to answer that question....I can only speak about my experience with the SOB client.

I suppose you want to install a DC project that can be run as a service?

Carlos

AnailizeR
10-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Would I get a performance boost if i did a pvm?
or you all think i would be better off just leavin it all stand alone? well if anything I will just test both ways..