PDA

View Full Version : DC-sieving organisation brainstorming

hhh
10-27-2005, 02:29 PM
With the sieve client being soon able to sieve beyond 2^50, I would like to initiate some brainstorming about DC-sieving.

As we will be able to continue sieving just as 2^50 were no particular number, DC-sieving will not be an urgent topic for years.

Though, PSP sieving is continuing, of course, and PSP sievers will continue doing SoB-DC in the same time.

Now, they need to check two reservation places, the PSP reservation thread and the Sierpinski sieve group.

So, I wonder if it wouldn't be logic to give them the responsability over DC entirely, (if they accept), and to send people willing to do DC-Sobsieve over to mersenneforum.

This is what I think, and others might come up with other ideas, or may say why it is not a good one.

I am curious, Yours, H.

ltd
10-30-2005, 02:13 AM
As Joe make a very good job in maintaining the DC sieving an it is his "baby" he should have the responsability about the SOB DC sieving project.

As the main siever at PSP i see no big problems to make double reservations and to be honest there is still much work to be done before i would recommend combined ranges for all SOB DC sievers.

If somebody wants to help out he is welcome. ;)

Lars

Greenbank
11-15-2005, 05:37 AM
Not really DC sieving but I found this one recently whilst sieving 83T-85T up to 50m. It had previously only been sieved to 20m.

84438753254467 | 33661*2^39168+1

It's nice to have found 280 new factors (only this one below 20m) and I've only sieved 1.11T of the 2T so far.

hhh
11-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Greenbank
Not really DC sieving but I found this one recently whilst sieving 83T-85T up to 50m.
Do you do sieve PSP in the same time? It's fun; you'll find firstpass factors as well, at this level. You can ask ltd at mersenneforum for details.