PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on winning the battle...

BuddhaMan
10-28-2005, 09:31 PM
...but is the war over too?

Lotsa people are experiencing 'issues' with the new DIMES client whether it's memory hogging, UDP pinging nothing wasting 50% of your time, or the clients dying. A lot of the peeps over at Ars have either thrown in the towel, or are up on the ring holding the ropes with towel in hand...ready to throw it in at a moments notice.

I'd like to say a huge "thanx!" to the peeps that code/maintain the stats sites over here. They're awesome for all the DC contests going on. Without them, the DIMES "fight" probably wouldn't have happened (or at least been as noticable).

It was a good run, but a lot of us are just winding down to the end. Neil Young's lyrics in "My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)" tell us that "It's better to burn out, than fade away". Well, you can't always go out with a bang...

I'm not totally out of the fight yet, but headed in that direction and wanted to say "gg" to ya a-la FPS gamer-speak. I'll see you FreeDC freaks in the future in other DC battles no doubt.

PY 222
10-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Battle? What battle? :jester:

I think I am also considering winding down DIMES as the clients are dropping dead faster than I can revive them.

GG BuddhaMan. We shall fight another day. You just name the time and place and I'll be there.

CaptainMooseInc
10-29-2005, 04:31 AM
DIMES was awesome before they came out with this new client. Not just version .4 but the whole revamp. Back when it was v.1 it was incredible. :)

-Jeff