PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP w/SP2 CD

DesertFolk
11-03-2005, 07:57 AM
I am working for the US Army Corps of Engineers in Afghanistan now, and we have a Windows XP corporate key. Can someone tell me how to integrate the Windows key into the intall so I do not have to type it in every time I re-install a machine?

camliner
11-03-2005, 08:06 AM
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=19196&st=0

I use nLite all the time to insert CD keys and build custom installation of Win2k/XP/2003. I also use it to integrate RAID drivers so I can actually load Windows on a system without a floppy drive.

Shish
11-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah me too.
Nlite rocks and you can also get the prep program from M$ for free.
Basically it just inserts a type of text file to control the setup and make most of it configurable and automatic install.
But Nlite adds a whole slew of other things and allows you to integrate all the updates and fixes as well as many of the best tweaks.
Last one I did moaned about building in the Highpoint drivers but there are "Driver Packs" you can download from the same place which include all the special versions of raid/audio/graphics/network drivers that you may need and integrate the lot for any of multiple types of systems.
I also use a prog which is updated each month or so from here called Autoupdate (http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=89) which does XP and I believe there is a Win2K as well.
Bit like a service pack so you download it once and it saves you keep updating multiple installs via the web.

DesertFolk
11-07-2005, 02:13 AM
camliner, nlite is great and very easy to use. I've experimented by removing supported languages and integrating updates and drivers. Once I get the right setup, it will save me a lot of time with the reimage process.

Shish, I have downloaded the lite versions of Autoupdater for w2k3, xp and 2000. I'm not sure I will use this at work, but I am using it to integrate hotfixes into my Windows OS cd's with nlite.

Cool tools. Thanks to both of you.