PDA

View Full Version : don't you just hate it when....

DocWardo
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
you can't figure out where that last box is that is producing for Folding@home. I thought I converted all of them over to R@H but alas, there is still one out there crunching numbers. so now i will have to go track down which friends machine I borged ;)

I need to find that computer and convert it, this freight train needs all the power it can get ;)

:bigtrain: :smoking:

Bok
11-30-2005, 10:43 AM
:rotfl:

I'm still producing something for SoB and have no idea what is doing it. Only thing I can think of is that it's an old P3 I borged a couple years ago!

Bok

Jeff
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
:rotfl: You borg guys... ;)

PY 222
11-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Me too.

I've got boxes everywhere that I don't even know about.

I guess this really shows our addiction to DCing.

Digital Parasite
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I remember a colleague of mine telling me they found a box at my former employer that was still running one of the ECC clients, a couple years after the project ended. That was one of those projects that didn't have to download any WUs just upload them. I guess eventually it would have cracked the project on its own. ;)

DocWardo
12-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I found it (or at least one of them that is!)

glad I did, it was a 2.8 Ghz HT P4. one of my coworkers machines ;)

went in to do some routine maintnece (ie, upgrade firefox, tune up the registry, and start the defrag) and I noticed it was crunching. So I switched it over to R@H ;)

as I was swapping out the boinc clients for optimized ones, I wrote an update.bat that stopped the service, swapped out the files (the two configs and the exe), and restarted it.

gotta love flash drives ;)

now if I can just keep the damn things going. I have had a couple just stop and I had to restart the service. has anyone else had this problem?