PDA

View Full Version : lack of work

DocWardo
12-12-2005, 02:27 PM
anyone else noting a large increase in no work from server today?

I still have one machien that is unable to obtain work (and it's one of my speedier ones too!)

on a related note, what do people have for the following setting:
Connect to network about every xxxx days.

I'm just wondering if I'm having problems because .2 is too small.

is there a problem if it is set to large (I am using an optimized client and have it set to return results immediately)

Bok
12-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I think they are making some changes to the queing. I'm getting this as well. I'm sure it will be fixed fairly soon, they normally do..

I have mine set to 1 day just so I have enough without hogging all the units :)

I think 1 or 2 days is optimal with Rosetta, other projects might need more..

Bok

Bok
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
From the Rosetta page

December 12, 2005
Our work unit feeder is having a tough time keeping up with all the client requests for work. A short term fix (as has been done before), is to optimize the database tables. We will be doing this later today at 3pm and also backing up the database. As stated before, we are going to expand our servers soon to deal with this issue.

pfb
12-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Noticed this on a few machines - oh well, I've got around a days worth of work on all of them (according to BOINC View)...

LAURENU2
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bok
From the Rosetta page

December 12, 2005
Our work unit feeder is having a tough time keeping up with all the client requests for work.

It is them dang cows fault>>:jester: :rotfl: :jester:

PY 222
12-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Looks like they are back in action with alot more work.

They better get their act together before this coming weekend or else its going to be hell for everybody.

I will start moving servers out from FaD starting this Thursday and I plan to bring almost everything to the party.

LAURENU2
12-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Did I her you say PARTY My favorite word:kiss:
So PY are WE raceing to 1 mil :moon: :harhar: :moon: