PDA

View Full Version : WTF is happening with this project?

Shish
12-23-2005, 05:30 AM
I`ve got more computers ready to go but of the 3 running just now, one`s out of work completely so I`ve switched it off, one has very little left and will be turned off shortly, and one has a ton of wu with heaps of errors.
I can`t afford to waste electric keeping computers running idle and don`t like running several different projects at the same time so if Rosetta is gonna fall apart when they get a bit overloaded, just like Seti did???, then I may as well dump it and do something else.
Can`t say I`m keen on the attitude in their forums either.

EvoDude
12-23-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey Shish,
No problems at my end. I've only got one rig running but eating work units at the rate of about 15 - 20 a day and the server is keeping me topped up all the time.
I know their forum isn't the best for reasoned response but maybe one of our own experts here will come up with things to try to get more work units coming in.
Good luck mate, it would be a shame for our R@H team to lose your workrate.
Evo

PCZ
12-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Shish

Rosetta isn't going to fall apart like Seti.

What's happened is a change to the way the WU generates a seed number.
This code is buggy and resulted in all the bad WU's.

The admins realised what was happening and reverted back to the old method of generating the seed {using the PC's clock}.
They didn't have time to remove the old buggy WU's before they went on holiday though. :(

So the old WU's bugged WU's are still in the system.
You , I and everyone else are still getting them unfortunately.
What this means is that we have to watch out for idle machines.

I have brought my network connection time down to 0.1 days so that my boxes will request work more often.
If they do run out and i don't notice, it should only be a couple of hours at most they are idle.

LAURENU2
12-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Shish

So the old WU's bugged WU's are still in the system.
You , I and everyone else are still getting them unfortunately.
What this means is that we have to watch out for idle machines.

I am Not getting any or have to watch out for stallshttp://www.laurensnet.com/image/avitar/smille38.gif