PDA

View Full Version : Record rejected due to bad checksum

Fozzie
12-24-2005, 04:48 AM
I saw Magnavox had this a while ago anyone know a cure and can some of the data be saved for upload?

Help

Foz

em99010pepe
12-24-2005, 04:55 AM
I saw Magnavox had this a while ago anyone know a cure and can some of the data be saved for upload?

Help

Foz

Yes. There's a trick. Force the upload.
There's another thing, just wait a few minutes.

Carlos

EDIT:

Fozzie,

Another trick.
Sometimes the client can't connect to the server and creates a bunch of files called:

20050426-123256-QRX56-Fozzie[[Free-DC.org].txt. (something like this, right?)

Well, just make the following:

Make a backup of the entire DPAD folder. Next create a new results.txt file and copy the entire content of those (2005blblablaFozzie.txt) ones to the results.txt. Or you can rename them one by one to results.txt and try to send them but I think you first have to delete those 2005blblablaFozzie.txt files.

If the server is down rename them to results1.txt, results2.txt, etc, and wait for the server to be up. Move them to a backup folder, do not DELETE THEM.
Those 2005blblaFozzie.txt files were created when you tried to send the results without success. They are still good to send.

If the server is up move the results1.txt to your DPAD folder, rename it to results.txt and send it. Move the results2.txt to your DPAD folder, rename it to results.txt and send it. Etc.

Hope this helps.

Fozzie
12-24-2005, 07:22 AM
looks like I lost half the results but hey merde happens.

em99010pepe
12-24-2005, 07:56 AM
looks like I lost half the results but hey merde happens.

Did you make a backup of the DPAD folder? You still have there the results.

Carlos