PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean . . .

tim
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
on the stats page (http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/users/user.mhtml?userID=10529) where is says "currently pending tests?" I would think it means that there are that many instances of of sb.exe running, or that many computers running it. Mine says 3, but I only have 2 machines on it. One crashed a while ago, and the 24-hour user rate graph shows the time offline for that one. Did it start another test when I rebooted and lost what it was doing? Do I need to purge old results when a machine crashes? Is it a problem to the sob project if a client crashes?

wirthi
12-31-2005, 05:06 AM
The currently pending figure tells you what tests you downloaded from the server but did not send a result in yet.

If you got more tests there than you've got machines (and you don't use one of those queue tools) you probably lost a test when a machine crashed, you re-installed the client, moved it from one machine to another etc.

Usually you don't lose the test when a machine crashes but that of course depends on WHEN and HOW it crashes. If a necessary file is lost or currupted, or the data in the windows registry (win client) is lost etc, then you get a new test from the server and the old one is lost (for you; it will be recycled in a few days time and someone else will get it)