PDA

View Full Version : DIMES Agent v0.4.3b

PY 222
01-02-2006, 03:34 PM
From the official DIMES Forum;

Hi Guys.
Happy new year to us all Very Happy ! We Are glad to announce that the new agent version (0.4.3) is ready for public testing. all the information can be found this link : https://www.netdimes.org/autoUpdateAnnouncement.html
We are counting on you to mark your agents for an automatic update and tell us what you think of it. It's all in the announcement - so go read it.

In case of a problem , we will be available on email ( support@netdimes.org and ohad@eng.tau.ac.il) .

Ohad

Now, fire up your old DIMES client or go to the Control Center to upgrade your old clients.

Onwards and upwards. :rock:

meep
01-02-2006, 03:35 PM
PY, how many Agents on how many different internet connections are you currently running?

I seem to getting very mixed output levels, wondering how I fair when compared to others...

PY 222
01-02-2006, 03:43 PM
PY, how many Agents on how many different internet connections are you currently running?

I seem to getting very mixed output levels, wondering how I fair when compared to others...

To tell you the truth, I honestly don't know. I have so many machines all over the place that its hard to count it all. But if I were to guess, I'd say I have around 130+ agents running on Ethernet 100Mbit connection and a small portion of ADSL.

I think if you run this new agent long enough, the output will average out.

So, borg all your puters and lets go. :rock:

Jeff
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Just don't update if you are running Linux. The client won't restart after you update and when you try to regress back to 0.4.2 it says you have to update. :(

PCZ
01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh dear must be quite a problem for all the folks running lots of linux VM's :rotfl:

Jeff
01-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh dear must be quite a problem for all the folks running lots of linux VM's :rotfl:

Hmmm... wonder who that could be... :jester:

PY 222
01-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey PCZ, are you going to redeploy your DIMES fleet?

We could sure use your help as XS is inching in closer everyday.

PCZ
01-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Already on it :thumbs:

BTW
I tried the new version out and it seems to be a lot more stable.
Hopefully it won't be such a high mileage project as in the past and i'll keep the fleet running.

LAURENU2
02-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Some of my Dimes agents updated to 4.3 But now the agent will not run at all.:swear:
Any one else haveing this problem.
I did not know I was signed up for bata testing:swear:

PCZ
02-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Lauren

Are the PC's on which the dimes agent won't start, also running DPAD ?

LAURENU2
02-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Yes they are But It would not start even if DPAD was not running
I think I got a corrupt auto update:swear: I uninstalled it and D/L the 4.3b from the website and it seemed to work just fine.
The auto updated 4.3 Ver. just started Javaw.exe and nothing else
The new Ver. does seem a little faster then the old
So all is better now:thumbs:

PCZ
02-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Glad there working for you again :thumbs:

The reason i asked about DPAD was i had a problem running dimes with DPAD.
I found dimes ran very slowly when DPAD was running,

HAD to change the priority of Muon to B background as L Low [The Default] was actually running at normal priority and hogging the CPU.

LAURENU2
02-13-2006, 10:52 PM
And how can you change the priority of Muon to a lower priority and stop hogging the CPU?
I am a baby With XP :looney: But I am learnning a lot thanks to the membership here :umm: Thanks guys/gals

IronBits
02-14-2006, 01:14 AM
Stop the client.
Go to the directory where you installed it.
edit config.txt (double click on it with windows explorer)
Change the L to B
Save and exit, restart the client.

Priority for background running ([N]ormal, [L]ow, [b]ackground): L