PDA

View Full Version : Upload problems?

magnav0x
06-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Anyone else having problems with uploading completed units? I guess it's probably just bandwith issues with all those people getting home from work and d/l'ing the new client??? Or it could just be me :bang:

Paratima
06-18-2002, 10:18 PM
It's just you. :p

But seriously, folks... I've noticed that on changeover day it sometimes gets really nasty. Like this leftover structure-packet from 11 o'frigging clock this morning! People were probably just starting to unload their structures, so mine hits the wall and is now useless. C'est la guerre!

You pays your money and you takes your chance. ;)

Tax Bracket
06-26-2002, 04:06 AM
....don't like this project.

Managed to get it running yesterday for the first time.

Left it running all night only to find that it had finished on 5000 structures about an hour after I had left it, and not downloaded any more, so wasted a nights DC.

Now it says there is an update, but won't unpack it correctly....

:bang:

pointwood
06-26-2002, 05:53 AM
Please post more exact info about your problem. What OS, what error it gives you exactly, etc.

Have you read the readme file that comes with the client? If not, you should.

Tax Bracket
06-26-2002, 06:31 AM
Hi Pointwood,

Thanks for your comments.

Yeah, sorry, was a bit vague...
Running the text version on NT, using the dfGUI client.
Problem seems to be related to WinZip, where the Winzip self extractor says that it cannot create the file foldtrajlite.exe after it has downloaded the update.

Have checked all the obvious stuff such as permissioning etc....

I'll give it a try again later and see if it works...

Cheers,

TB

Tax Bracket
06-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Solved!

There was a rogue foldtrajlite.exe process running in the background ,which is why winzip could not overwrite the file.

Sorted!