PDA

View Full Version : Production down - Position 2 looking good

Richard Clyne
06-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Once the dust settled after the recent spate of team jump, we landed back in the #1 spot. :)

The problem is our production is well down on Ars Team Stir Fry and KWSN. :(

Latest daily production according one of the stats gods (statsman) show the figures as:-

Ars Team Stir Fry = 9,424,048

KWSN = 9,321,043

FreeDC = 7,076,239

Our main threat is KSWN who are only 1,723,787 structures behind us.

It does not take a genius to work out how long it will take to overtake us.

If we are to keep the #1 spot we need to ramp up production quiet a bit, or are we happy to be an also ran.

IronBits
06-20-2002, 07:53 PM
When xj10bt comes back, we will be way ahead again. Just add his totals to ours until he does. ;)

It would be nice if we could at least match their production tho.

ECCp and DNET are coming to an end, we should be able to rally support from those tired veterans as those events take place.

Changing protiens every week is a bit much, and surely does not help with getting folks to stick with the project.

I wish we had a month or two of breathing room...
I have every box devoted to ECCp and DNET because they are ending soon, and I'm helping to bring them projects to a close quicker :)

Richard Clyne
06-20-2002, 08:20 PM
IronBits, Looking forward to the arrival of the troops :)

It must be me, but I have never counted on anything until it arrives. You never know xj10bt might find the seating more comfortable over at NM :rolleyes:

I will do my bit to help keep the Knights from taking over our castle. Should have another 2.7Gb of power to bring on line within the next fews days.

Lets see if we can add a few more boxen,. Just enough to match their production:thumbs:

Lets say Ni! to the Knights.:D

xj10bt
06-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Nah, I'll be back soon. I think I'm gonna stop DC for a while, but I'll park my stuff back home (up on blocks in the front yard) :)

Paratima
06-20-2002, 09:52 PM
That'll be cool. :thumbs: There's our breathing room!

Now all we gotta do is get our production up, so the Ni-sayers and the stir-fryers don't mow us down while xj10bt's on vacay.

Chinasaur
06-21-2002, 12:12 AM
WTF!!!! I leave for a week and what happens? :bs:

I knew DATA wouldn't stay... but I never thought we would lose xj...oh well.

At least my boxes updated correctly for the last protein. And I've got another box borged as well. It's not mu,ch but I be keeping up my end.

Glad to be back though...I missed my apartment and my boxes :D I couldn't sleep without the whine of fans in the background :D

So how be everyone?

:cheers:

IronBits
06-21-2002, 12:25 AM
I wish you would keep your end, down wind, if you don't mind. :jester:

Glad to have you back!!! :cheers: :D

I'm also happy to hear that xj10bt will be returning soon. :smoking:

Chinasaur
06-21-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
I'm also happy to hear that xj10bt will be returning soon. :smoking:

Now THAT would be very cool :smoking:

IronBits
06-21-2002, 10:17 AM
/me taps xj10bt on the shoulders
Hey m8t, if you were to come back right now, not only would we be #1 again (we are in 2nd place now) but
We would be the first team with over a BILLION ! :crazy: :D
977,707,955 +
183,805,034 =
/me shakes calculator
:thumbs:
/me heads over to xj10bt's house with polished chrome blocks for the front yard :notworthy :cheers:

IronBits
06-21-2002, 06:48 PM
xj10bt - It sure does look pretty sitting there in the front yard don't it? :D :D

It's good to see you home again!
Have a cold :cheers: on me ;)

Paratima
06-21-2002, 07:44 PM
IB, you do good work! :D I hereby take back half the bad things I said about you.

Thanks, xj10bt. Have a nice rest. We be billionaires!

Chinasaur
06-22-2002, 11:24 AM
WB xj10bt :)

Richard Clyne
06-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Welcome back xj10bt.

IronBits
06-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Go Scoofy12 Go ! :cheers:
Beth133 - we appreciate the help big guy! :notworthy
Wish you had time to drop in now and again and let us know how your doing.

IronBits
06-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Can we get all of you that have more than one boxen,
to toss at least one back on to DF for a short period of time?
Except Paratima and Dyyryath of course ;)

guru buddy, we would be extremely pleased if you would toss just 10 boxen on this project. :D
Even if it borks now and again, it wouldn't be too hard to maintain? :help: please...

Supp
06-23-2002, 07:58 PM
one XP1700+ en route.

Chinasaur
06-23-2002, 10:13 PM
8.9Ghz back online!!!

Let's go get some!!!

IronBits
06-23-2002, 10:55 PM
w :D :D t !
I returned with an additional 6+ GHz of AMD loving. :cheers:

Richard Clyne
06-24-2002, 07:54 AM
Good to see extra firepower from Supp. IronBits and Dyy, plus glad to see China get his fleet back up and running.:thumbs:

I will be adding about 3Ghz to my tally in the near future.:)

Not bad between 5 peeps we have well over 20Ghz of additional folding power (not sure how much Dyy is adding) :D:smoking:

IronBits
06-24-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and gestimate we need about 20 1.4 GHz AMD type boxen to match the output of our competitors.
I'll be adding an additional 1.2 GHz and 1.53 GHz, when FedEx shows up this morning with my shiney new XP1800+. :jester:
Keep up the good work guys, we can do this!

pointwood
06-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Hey, stop that! :swear:

We will never come close to you otherwise :cry: :jester:

Paratima
06-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Can we get all of you that have more than one boxen, to toss at least one back on to DF for a short period of time? Except Paratima and Dyyryath of course ;) As it happens, IB, all my hardware is already on DF right now.

HOWEVER, since I know it's so important to you, I'll just go out and find a couple more logs to throw on the fire, anyway.

See you soon, if you get my meaning... :p

IronBits
06-25-2002, 03:44 AM
DOH! :cry:
:haddock:

IronBits
06-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Jodie is on the Overclockers Network Team.
She is pushing them to new heights.
We need to DOUBLE :scared: our output. :sleepy:

Paratima
06-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Well, SHEEEEEEEEEEIT!

I thought we had a PROBLEM! :rolleyes:

Richard Clyne
06-27-2002, 06:32 AM
OMG - That's some awsome output:scared:

We are now fourth in the production rank. At this moment on time not a good place to be :(.

IronBits
06-27-2002, 10:16 AM
We need 2,000,000 (million) more per day.
I finally added that 1.2 AMD, remote borged, boxen yesterday :D
I have one more 1.4 XP AMD to bring online in about ten more days...
Dig deep fellas! :thumbs:

Richard Clyne
06-27-2002, 12:22 PM
We need 2,000,000 (million) more per day.
I finally added that 1.2 AMD, remote borged, boxen yesterday :D
I have one more 1.4 XP AMD to bring online in about ten more days...
Dig deep fellas! :thumbs:

Great news:thumbs:

Should have 1.8XP up and running by weekend, a Celeron 400 during the week (hey, we need all we can get :) ) and I will see what the finances are like for this month and maybe get another 1.8XP in the next couple of weeks. :)

Scoofy12
06-27-2002, 06:46 PM
I borged my work box (only 500MHz) and am also again bugging all the friends who were crunching for me before and have lapsed :D.... Guess it's about time to order that new XP i've been wanting anyway :crazy:

Richard Clyne
06-28-2002, 01:08 AM
Go on yourself, Scoofy12. Thats the team spirit.:thumbs: :cheers:

Kosh
06-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Because of the fussy security auditors kicking up a fuss not only have my plans for borging a heavy lab gone down the drain I can't even use my workstation anymore until they finish their stupid audit :cry: . Fortunately my boss is pretty cool and will probably ok some light borging after this silly audit business is finished.

IronBits
06-28-2002, 09:55 AM
That sux. At least it's only for a short time. <whew>

Angus
06-28-2002, 12:43 PM
That's OK Kosh, I don't mind a bit... ;)

Kosh
06-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Don't get too comfortable Angus, with the extra boost I had from work I managed to get the lead for a while. If you start slacking off I might just take it back.
Not to mention Chinasaur, Mashrinx and dibldabl who seem to be gunning for both of us.

Richard Clyne
06-30-2002, 10:43 AM
We are still #4 in daily production.:(

Statsman has a meeting of KWSN and our total production for sometime in the middle of september. :(

We need to increase our output by about 1,500,000 structures per day, just to stay even with KSWN. Thats a lot of fire power.

IronBits
06-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Don't be too worried.
I see xj10bt has slacked way off. He might be waiting for Jodie to catch up. ;)
JTrinkle is on vactaion...
FoBoT is taking a short breather...
guru, well, he's around someplace...
beth133 is keeping an eye on things...
Condor has a sign on his desk that says "gone fishing"...
Alot of the other folks appear to be wandering around...
This last Server outage screwed up alot of things...
/me stands on street corner waving sign - :help: :D
Then there is a
1.4 GHz AMD XP that will be back in a week.
1.6 GHz AMD XP that my brother just bought :D
I have room for 2 more 1.6 GHz AMD XP Duals :jester:
(Shhh! Don't tell Dyyryath or Paratima.) ;)

IronBits
06-30-2002, 12:55 PM
Scratch that last part...
I only have room for 1 more DUAL Tyan S2460 now. :D :D :D :D :D
:crazy:

Richard Clyne
06-30-2002, 01:07 PM
Don't be too worried.
I see xj10bt has slacked way off. He might be waiting for Jodie to catch up. ;)
JTrinkle is on vactaion...
FoBoT is taking a short breather...
guru, well, he's around someplace...
beth133 is keeping an eye on things...
Condor has a sign on his desk that says "gone fishing"...

Sounds good to me. I'll delay the panic attack for now :D

Daza
07-01-2002, 05:12 AM
have no fear everybody cuz my 1 ghz worth will save the day *ducks flying rotten fruit* well just as soon as eccp finishes anyway

Richard Clyne
07-01-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Daza
have no fear everybody cuz my 1 ghz worth will save the day *ducks flying rotten fruit* well just as soon as eccp finishes anyway

If it be 1, 10, or 100+ Ghz all donations are gratefully received.:thumbs:

Moogie
07-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Panic? Panic? Who me? I am the voice of calm. Once I get the refrigerator and nuker up and crunching, things will be fine. Anybody ever tried to crunch with a Palm Pilot? :D

pointwood
07-03-2002, 10:12 AM
We are closing in on you guys...only around 333 million structures between us :p

We just reached 900 million structures and that makes me happy :) :cheers:

Being on the (probably) #3 team to make it to 1 billion is also cool... /me thinks :)

MashRinx
07-03-2002, 11:36 AM
Hi guys!

Although I am the IT Director for the company I work for, I report to a CIO that is shared between us and a sister company.

By chance, the other day, she happened to notice my DF client running and commented on the designs created by the DF client in the console (There are benefits to it being visible sometimes. :) . I explained what it did, how long I've been playing with different DC projects, etc. I also told her I was interested in rolling it onto more workstations, with her approval, of course ;) ....

She basically said she was cool with it, but that she wanted me to explain what I was doing to each of the users where I install it, so they knew that it was there, even if it was "invisible", so it wasn't something "sneaky"...

Believe it or not, I actually have a few people who work for me in the IS group I run that aren't big fans of the client. They either don't "get it", or just think it doesn't belong on production machines. What I think I'm going to do is put it on some desktops, but keep it off the servers as a compromise.... Actually, I can't argue with the logic here.... Since the desktops are mostly P4-1.5 boxes, and the servers are mostly 400 - 500Mhz, this is no major loss...

Anyway, I installed the client on 3 additional machines last night, and spoke with those users this morning... After getting over the "this is a joke, right?" response (I'm kind of a kidder at times....) , they seemed to think it was a pretty cool idea. I sent them to the Intel.Com/Cure site, which seemed to add to the legitimacy...

So the short story: Over the next few weeks I'll probably be adding more Dell P4-1.5gig boxes to what's running already, but I'm going to take it slow as to not upset anyone while this is all in the "proving" stage..... How much this will raise produciont, I don't know at this point, but I'll add all I can... :cheers:

MashRinx (Kevin)

FoBoT
07-03-2002, 12:28 PM

Tax Bracket
07-03-2002, 02:00 PM

Nice one matey. Result!

FoBoT
07-03-2002, 05:15 PM
this new protein is very fast, its a good idea to throw as much as possible at a fast protein since its easier for others to catch up during fast ones, as opposed to the slooooow ones

since howard says he fixed his server, i'll try bringing a few boxen back, i have to come into work on friday anyway, so i'll be able to monitor them

Dyyryath
07-03-2002, 05:53 PM
Heya MashRinx!

I've noticed you sneaking up the ranks lately. It's good to have you here! :thumbs: :thumbs:

IronBits
07-04-2002, 06:53 AM
Nice to hear the great news MashRinx! :D :smoking:

Looks like it's time for everyone to throw more coals on the fire ;)

Richard Clyne
07-04-2002, 07:03 AM
Remember to give me a wave as you zip past:D