PDA

View Full Version : Eon is back and ideal as a companion project

Fozzie
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
sure we know it has the Z issue but the guys are pretty much on the case witha :Pokes: or 2.

Sometimes the server is up and dwon like a whores drawers, but you know what, it's great little one to run alongside your current favourite.

So do your stats a favour and fire up those little eon clients. :thumbs:

Shish
02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Never looked at it Foz. What`s it do?:umm:

Paratima
02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Shish, if you read the first post, by Graeme, in the top sticky here, you'll get the scientific explanation. I once made the mistake of asking a real mathematician why you can't divide by zero - got the same sort of answer - indecipherable by normal humans.

What it really does, as I understand it, is simulate how atoms get deposited on a surface. Ice crystals, for instance, form a hexagonal lattice. Well, how do six-sided thingies fit together, given that, at their teensy size, they are vibrating like mad all the time. Salt crystals are square. They would fit differently.

Of course, we're all into silicon deposition around here, 'cause that's what makes these here computers run. Understanding the process better will improve the way we utilize it.

If Graeme or anybody with a better scientific understanding of the thing wants to correct me, please do. I just figured it was a better answer than "Beats the snot of out me!" :rotfl: