PDA

View Full Version : What core for RC5?

TheOtherPhil
06-23-2002, 08:18 AM
I haven't done any RC5 for a while and have updated my machines since I last crunched. I was just messin' with the client on some benchmarks etc but the client says that my CPU cannot be detected....I am running dual XP1800's. Is there a specific core I should be using? I will be running RC5 for FreeDC for the next couple of weeks on 3x dual XP1800's and a dual 1.2MP. I just want to get a feel for how much faster my current farm is in comparison to what I was running a year ago.

Thanks.

IronBits
06-23-2002, 01:54 PM
It will auto detect the correct version on it's own.
It also shows you which core it has chosen to use.
I thought there was an updated version that did recognize the XP line of AMD processors...
We can always use the help, thanks! :D

TheOtherPhil
06-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Aha, found it. As the CPU's weren't recognised, the client ran a test to find the fastest core, but this takes time and I am impatient...I have now set the core manually based on the client's tests. I also had to manually set the client to run 2 instances (instead of auto detect) when running as a service as it only started 1 instance.

Oh well, the full farm has been up and running for 8 hours and I am using the dbestern proxy....~4500 blocks per 8 hours isn't too bad :thumbs: Thanks for the help :cheers:

IronBits
06-23-2002, 05:33 PM
:shocked:

Nice! :cheers: