PDA

View Full Version : Boinc Forums

PCZ
03-12-2006, 11:29 AM
All the Boinc projects are under Boinc Projects and not in the Distributed Projects Forum.

Should they be moved out in to the DP Forum or left where they are ?

Bok
03-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Possibly... no right answer really.

Keep them under BOINC, but move BOINC to Distributed Projects perhaps?

Maybe there should be sub-forums under there for Math, Biological etc? I'm totally open to suggestions..

Bok

IronBits
03-12-2006, 12:04 PM
They are currently under Distributed Computing Projects (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
In a sub-forum called Boinc Projects, because there are so many of them.
It's like a Forum unto itself.

Someone else asked about moving them into the main forum and I personally felt that the Forum main page was already long enough.

You would have to scroll thru two pages of Forums to see them all if we moved them out... and it would make them harder to find.

If I want to look at the Boinc action, I jump in there for BOINC specific information... ;)

I'm totally open to suggestions...

Digital Parasite
03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Things are already pretty busy on the front page. I would say definitely keep the BOINC projects where they are in their on sub-forum.

Maybe also make a "Retired Projects" subform so that you can hide those forums as well from the main page?

IronBits
03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Maybe also make a "Retired Projects" subform so that you can hide those forums as well from the main page? That's a good idea :)

IronBits
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Done! How's that? It's just under the Adminstrative section...
I also opened them up so we can see them all now to ;)

/edit: Another whole page unto itself.