PDA

View Full Version : Comment system for news items?

BNS
01-04-2002, 05:39 AM
Dyyryath, is it possible / in the pipeline that you add a commenting forum system linked to the news items?

I wanted to commect on the latest news item but there is currently no way I can see to do it.

My comment is that I think updating the recruitment stats every three hours is too fast. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but a day is fine for that type of stat in my opinion.

I really like the way the front page is turning out though. The polish you're adding is really starting to shine!

Dyyryath
01-04-2002, 01:31 PM
You know, I hadn't thought about it, but yeah, I can set up a discussion area linked to the news posts. No problem. Good idea!

The recruitment graph is only updated every three hours because that's how often the stats engine renderer runs. Each graph on the bar will show the last 24 hour period. Right now those 24 hour periods are 'rolling', but they will be flat midnight to midnight periods when I turn the feature on.

As an example, if the graph ran right now, and was set to display ten days, the right most bar would be from midnight this morning to midnight tonight. It would include any new additions we've had today. The next bar over to the left would be midnight yesterday morning to midnight last night and would show the total new users for that day, and so and so on.

It would have exactly the same bars each time I ran it until after midnight tonight. The only possible difference would be if we got a new user in the next hour, and then ran it again after that, the bar for today would have been incremented by 1.

Does that make any sense?

BNS
01-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Yeah, it updates every 3 hours but only changes which bars it increments and displays every 24 hours