PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for cheap speakers for my room

jasong
04-01-2006, 11:09 PM
In order to hear the television in my room, I sometimes have to turn up the volume enough to where my mother complains. With a computer and ceiling fan running in my room, it is sometimes difficult to find an optimal volume for the tv where I can hear it and my mother won't complain.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can buy a small speaker or speakers for my room that I can put right next to me on my desk. I think that's the only possible solution, especially since I intend to add computers to my setup.

LAURENU2
04-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Jusy use a set of PC speakers You might need a extention cable

CaptainMooseInc
04-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Wal-mart has a cheap 5.1 surround sound that is compatible with TVs, DVD players, computers, etc etc etc. Runs like $39.99. Extremely powerful but the front 3 are much louder than the back 2. The remote has buttons to adjust front speakers, rear speakers, subwoofers, or all speakers (Master). Very flexible. You could most likely get away with this because even at low volumes I find it still loud enough to hear without disturbing others. The different volume controls are nice for such a cheap set too. :)

The speakers are the brand Durabrand. :)

Red and black box. White/beige speakers.

-Jeff

Shish
04-02-2006, 03:41 AM
I gave up on speakers and use a set of wifi headphones through a switch box.
Saves waking everybody up on the all nighters when I always used to forget to switch the audio boxes off and a windoze noise would suddenly start up and catch me napping. Not too expensive nowadays and saves on earache from angry wannabe sleepers.:eek: :scared:

jasong
04-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I gave up on speakers and use a set of wifi headphones through a switch box.
Saves waking everybody up on the all nighters when I always used to forget to switch the audio boxes off and a windoze noise would suddenly start up and catch me napping. Not too expensive nowadays and saves on earache from angry wannabe sleepers.:eek: :scared:
My brother suggested this as well. I looked online at Best Buy and they all seem to be from $60 to $80.

Haven't even gotten my first paycheck and it's already spent.:rotfl: