PDA

View Full Version : Insane Surround Sound at my home

CaptainMooseInc
04-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Well. If any of you have followed my recent parts hunt you'll know my Dual Xeon will be up and running very very soon.

We all know a good computer needs good sound so I went and bought a 5.1 Surround Sound from Logitech.

I already own Creative Labs Inspire 6600 (6.1 Surround sound).

My roommate Derek has 5.1 Surround sound to the TV, Playstation 2, and Computer (through one system).

That's 3 -very powerful- surround sounds in 1 apartment.

But the thing is...when my computer goes up the computer I'm on now is going to stay in the same room as my roommate's and the new one I'm building.

That's 3 surround sounds in one 15X12 room. Can you say fighting over who gets to be louder?

I feel bad for my neighbors.

-Jeff

the-mk
04-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Do you know which Surround System you bought from Logitech?

I have the Logitech® Z-5500 Digital and it is great! My little sister hates me when I play Metallica a little loader :rock: :D

5 speakers and one woofer as big as a microwave oven with 505 Watts of total power :looney:

Shish
04-03-2006, 01:12 AM
I`ve just dropped my main valve amps (front and rear pairs) down to class A for quality instead of volume cos athough the Tannoy columns will do >2Kw, you can`t get the volume control above 10% anyway without physical damage and the Yamaha system ASP subwoofer can stop your heart at certain frequencies of which it`s very capable without being overdriven.
Sound and especially mixed sound from different systems with reflections and distortions can be very dangerous to your health and even deadly if your neighbour gets annoyed enough to go get a shotgun :harhar: