PDA

View Full Version : Lettin EON run continuously

darkpella
04-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I wish to let EON run continuously, since I use ThreadMaster for limitinng its CPU consumption, but it pauses after a few minutes every time I resume it. Is there anyway to prevent it from pausing?

Thanks
darkpella

Paratima
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
EON runs in cycles. Right now it's in a sloooooow cycle and spends more time paused than running. So the short answer to your question is "No".

The project people are soon (hopefully) to begin work on smoothing out the algorithm for more consistant client demand. I can't wait, myself. Watching it slow down and stop the way it does drives me bats, which is not a long drive at all. :looney: When this will get done is anyone's guess. I just let it run and try not to watch.

darkpella
04-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi Paratima,
do you mean that, when paused, it will at some point resume operating, then pause again, then resume again.... vene without any intervention by me?

Bye

Darkpella

Paratima
04-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Watch it for awhile. Unfortunately, you won't have to watch long. The client will happily process WU's for 5 to 15 minutes, then be unable to communicate with the server for a similar period. Rinse and repeat.

Hopefully, when the UTexas team gets to work on it, the clients will have consistent, unimpeded contact and an unbroken stream of WU's to process. That's the goal. Until then, we get long pauses and a high frustration factor. Note that there are days when it runs full steam for hours on end. It's just inconsistent.