PDA

View Full Version : Okay.

CaptainMooseInc
04-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Okay. I decided to try RC5-72. Installed the client, ran 4 cores (for my Xeon). Entered my e-mail address (ebayhacker@gmail.com)

Added that to the statstool for my name and checked the box. Also added it to OGR25 cause I don't know yet if I'm gonna run that one. Dunno if that's what needs to be done though to get my stats points showing up in my signature.

-Jeff

PY 222
04-14-2006, 02:53 PM
That should be it CaptainMooseInc.

d.net update their stats only once a day. So you'll have to wait for about that time for Bok to get some stats from them and get it onto your signature.

Enjoy yourself in d.net. Its a very very stable client and plays very nicely on any box.

CaptainMooseInc
04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah I copied the config file from the getting started thread and installed it. Now I'm running both RC5-72 and OGRp2 it seems.

My RC5-72 rate is around 5 million keys/sec
My OGrp2 rate is around 9.4 million nodes/sec

I hope these are good speeds. :)

-Jeff

em99010pepe
04-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah I copied the config file from the getting started thread and installed it. Now I'm running both RC5-72 and OGRp2 it seems.

My RC5-72 rate is around 5 million keys/sec
My OGrp2 rate is around 9.4 million nodes/sec

I hope these are good speeds. :)

-Jeff

Something is wrong with your output. A P4 3.0 GHz gets 33 Mnodes/s (2 cores)!

Carlos

CaptainMooseInc
04-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Well mine's that Dual Xeon rig everyone else built forever and a day ago and I'm just now finishing the race.

If anyone else thinks its low and has a suggestion let me know. I have 4 processes of it running because of HT but if I should only be running 2 lemme know.

-Jeff

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 02:04 AM
how do I get assigned to the Free-DC team anyways? I can't figure that one out.

Seems my stats haven't updated yet as of the time of the post. Ughhh.

-Jeff

IronBits
04-15-2006, 02:32 AM
First, I would use Bok's pproxy Server, so you can keep an eye on what they are doing. ;)

Second, the DNET stats are down so not sure you can do much about joining the Team, but you can try by going here for RC5: http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=26268

Click the I want to Join this team link, it will ask for your ID and password and you're done.

Do the same for OGR:
http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=25&team=26268

If you don't know your ID and password, I believe there is a 'I forgot my password' link there someplace as well.

the-mk
04-15-2006, 03:07 AM
First, I would use Bok's pproxy Server, so you can keep an eye on what they are doing. ;)

In case that the captain doesn't know where to point...

Link to Boks OGR stats: http://stats.free-dc.org/dnet/ogr/byemail.html
Link to Boks RC5 stats: http://stats.free-dc.org/dnet/rc572/byemail.html

where to point in the dnetc.ini:
[networking]
nofallback=true
autofindkeyserver=no
keyserver=free-dc.org

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I copied my dnetc.ini file from the how to sticky in the forum. :)

It actually has the server listed as www.free-dc.org:2064

All is well now. Thanks! :)

anyone else have any ideas as to why my OGR might be running so slow?

em99010pepe
04-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Please post here the content of your dnet.ini file (without your email address).

Carlos

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
[parameters]

id=(email edited out per Carlos' request)

[misc]

project-priority=RC5-72=1, OGRP2=0

[triggers]

exit-flag-filename=exit.now

pause-on-no-mains-power=no

[display]

progress-indicator=auto-sense

[ogr]

core=1

fetch-time-threshold=0

fetch-workunit-threshold=3

[rc5-72]

core=-1

fetch-time-threshold=0

fetch-workunit-threshold=0

[processor-usage]

priority=3

[networking]

autofindkeyserver=no

keyserver=www.free-dc.org:2064

nofallback=true

dialup-watcher=passive

interfaces-to-watch=*

disabled=no

[buffers]

threshold-check-interval=0:30

checkpoint-filename=check.txt

frequent-threshold-checks=3

[logging]

log-file-limit=500

log-file=dnetc.log

log-file-type=fifo

em99010pepe
04-15-2006, 11:52 AM
My advice is to run only OGR, Intel sucks on RC5-72. Change your dnet.ini settings to:

[misc]
project-priority=RC5-72=0,OGR-P2

[triggers]
exit-flag-filename=exit.now
pause-on-no-mains-power=no
restart-on-config-file-change=yes

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 11:55 AM
shouldn't it be:

project-priority=RC5-72=0,OGR-P2=1

instead of:

project-priority=RC5-72=0,OGR-P2

? Just double checking.

em99010pepe
04-15-2006, 11:58 AM
That's what I have on my dnet.ini file.
Make a backup and try both settings.

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 12:07 PM
yep. it's running.

28 meeeeellion nodes/sec roughly

Though I really don't care too much for the whole idea behind OGR25 I do however like stats. And I -really- like the Dnet client.

I'm thinking of pulling my AMD machine from Riesel Sieve and putting it on RC5-72. :)

-Jeff

em99010pepe
04-15-2006, 12:10 PM
yep. it's running.

28 meeeeellion nodes/sec roughly

Though I really don't care too much for the whole idea behind OGR25 I do however like stats. And I -really- like the Dnet client.

I'm thinking of pulling my AMD machine from Riesel Sieve and putting it on RC5-72. :)

-Jeff

Now with 4 cores (2 virtuals) you should be getting the double. Are you only running dnet?

Carlos

PS( have to go, I think you don't need anymore my help)

IronBits
04-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Find out how many Wus per day that thing cranks out and mulitply that by two (for 2 days worth of work in case of a network outage)
fetch-workunit-threshold=8 <--- change that to what number you came up with. :)

project-priority=RC5-72=0,OGR-P2=1 (humans do this)
project-priority=RC5-72=0,OGR-P2 (dnet client creates the entry this way)

Either way is correct, the =0 means don't do any. ;)

That thing will FLY on SOB. :)

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 01:14 PM
SoB is giving me problems though. Everytime i restarted the computer and loaded up SoB it would fetch new WUs and not keep the progress on the old ones. Very odd...

IronBits
04-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Need to install it as a Service - check the getting started thread ;)

the-mk
04-15-2006, 08:37 PM
[parameters]
[ogr]
core=1
fetch-time-threshold=0
fetch-workunit-threshold=3

[rc5-72]
core=-1
fetch-time-threshold=0
fetch-workunit-threshold=0

My advice would be changing the core=1 value to -1 from the ogr-section of the dnetc.ini. If the value is -1 (standard), dnetc.exe should recognize the cpu and select the optimized core for it.

CaptainMooseInc
04-15-2006, 10:06 PM
alright done. still running the same speed as before but oh well.

redukt
04-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Okay. I decided to try RC5-72. Installed the client, ran 4 cores (for my Xeon). Entered my e-mail address (ebayhacker@gmail.com)

Added that to the statstool for my name and checked the box. Also added it to OGR25 cause I don't know yet if I'm gonna run that one. Dunno if that's what needs to be done though to get my stats points showing up in my signature.

-Jeff

Your email address can be used to look up your stats on the distributed.net servers, but your username for Bok's stats (and, in reality, the "name" your stats are submitted under) should look something like ######Free-DC. Yours is 456616FreeDC, or possibly just 456616. If you look up your stats by email, check the URL after the search by email, and your number shows last in the URL.

:cheers:

CaptainMooseInc
04-16-2006, 10:02 AM
woot woot! stats work now. :)

-Jeff

the-mk
04-16-2006, 01:47 PM
alright done. still running the same speed as before but oh well.

funny thing... what version of the client are you running on which OS? I'm running the 497er version from http://www.distributed.net/download/prerelease.php on my AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ on WinXP SP2, where I get about 48 MNodes/s (which is about 24 MNodes/s per core).

Are there other CPU intensive applications running while dnetc.exe runs?

Are there 4 physical cores or is hyper threading activated on your XEONs?

I don't have much experience with Intel Hyperthreading CPUs, but what output will you get, if you disable hyperthreading? I think that not every DC application gets better results (i.e. double output,... ) if HT is enabled because of the architecture of those HT CPUs

One thing you could do:
- stop the client
- delete the logfile dnetc.log
- start the client
- let it run some time
- post your dnetc.log here

Maybe dnetc.exe doesn't recognize your CPU correctly and chooses the wrong core? We could find out what's wrong with a logfile...

CaptainMooseInc
04-16-2006, 09:43 PM
it's picking the prestonia core, it's finding 4 cores. it's said all that stuff before.

According to a page I found for RC5-72 my CPU is putting out just the right amount of keys/sec so I figure I'd be in line for the nodes/sec. I'll try that tomorrow maybe though and see if there is a problem.

Two processors, single core, w/ HT enabled. Also running DDR Dual ram.

-Jeff