PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stats Today/yesterday

DocWardo
04-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Did we get a glitch in the rosetta host stats yesterday?

Seems I'm not the only one who has a -50,000 for todya's stats for some of my machines.

-Doc

Bok
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I think something went wrong yesterday somehow. My db contains the following for your node 65710

day0 (i.e. current) - 52330
day1 - 156064

As the (today) score is calculated by day0 - day1 dynamically it's getting -ve numbers. Obviously in the calculations yesterday somehow it updated the numbers 3 times as 156K is 3x52K but the only thing I can think of how it could do that would be if it tried to run the script again whilst it was still running which shouldn't ever happen. I use some temp columns to hold the data until the end then update the real columns and wipe out the temp ones. I suspect the temp ones were not cleared at that point.

I'll throw in something to update them prior to running, to make sure they are 0..

Bok

DocWardo
04-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I did notice yesterday that we didnt' really update on the 6 hour schedule. it updated at 8:03 and 18:03 I think.

Bok
04-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I've switched logging to record every run right now instead of just the latest one, see if I can get any info from that..

Bok

IronBits
04-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I've noticed it says in RED "*****STATS are Updating*****" a lot more than it used to...
Might be prudant to stick in busy flags to see if the process is already running and abort until someone can take a look at why the previous run is still going...

Bok
04-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I already do. It's been doing that for months. On start I check a flag on the control table for 'Y'. If set I abort the current run without doing anything. Otherwise set it to 'Y' and continue. At end set it to 'N'.

That's why I don't understand what is happening and need the full debug from each run..

That text with *****STATS are Updating***** is only shown if this column is a 'Y'

Bok