PDA

View Full Version : V4.43 out

Nexus
05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
The client has been upgraded.

There's a patch for upgrading from v4.42c to 4.43 but I couldn't get it to work, so I'm downloading the whole thing. 2.8meg on a dial-up connection. Fun.

I'm a make myself a cup of coffee, wait for the download, dump my remaining 442 results and then start her up.

alpha
05-06-2006, 05:21 AM
A list of changes would be useful...

- - - [4.43] - - -

In this version:

* Result sending via HTTP (including proxies), replacing the rather unreliable uploading via Windows FTP.
* Several speed optimisations and accuracy improvements.
* Sample files handling improved - by default they are now stored separately from your own results (and ViewResults can be set to ignore any you already have merged). They are also now in binary format, which reduces bandwidth.
* You can now select for yourself in config.txt a list of preferred lattices, if you don't want to work on all at once.
* Several bugs and a minor memory leak in results loading fixed.

Digital Parasite
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM
The new version seems to be working fine for me so far. The HTTP send/receive support is quite nice, works much better than FTP.

Darkness Productions
05-08-2006, 06:27 PM
It bugs me that there's no linux client, and no source code to build one with...

I want to contribute more to this project, but without a linux client, I can't.

Digital Parasite
05-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I want to contribute more to this project, but without a linux client, I can't.

Yeah, I only have 1 box that I can run it on. Most of my machines are running Rosetta but the no-net ones I would run DPAD except I only have 1 Windows box, the rest are Linux. So a Linux client would be very helpful.

JustEmazing
05-09-2006, 12:12 PM
4.43 seems to be running fine:

The HTTP upload is awesome: lets me do autoupload through firewalls.
Great to allow use of only the Latest Sample Files or Accumulate.

MPs are way low. Painfully so.
I was not able to get it running as a service yet. It could just be me but I do successfully have 4.42 running as a service on a couple machines. Of course, I was rather sleepy at the time :coffee:

IronBits
05-17-2006, 08:18 PM
4.43a has been released!
http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/

alpha
05-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Changelog for v4.43a:

- - - [4.43a] - - -

Several bugs fixed in this version, including:

* Breaking large uploads into ~150KB chunks when doing HTTP sends.
* Better handling of lattice file and servers.csv synchronisation when downloads do not work as expected.
* Errors in the autosave restore routine that may have caused crashes.

...and a few other miscellaneous/tidying up things.

Digital Parasite
05-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Now v4.43c is out: http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/v443c.zip

- - - [4.43c] - - -

Fixed a bug in v4.43b where binary format sample files were not converted. There are also now commandline switches -bintotxt and -txttobin to convert files manually (use muon1 -? to see commandline help).

- - - [4.43b] - - -

Two bugs fixed: loading an autosave file did not set the proximity data correctly before, and sample files are now downloaded to the correct filename so that Muon1 can read them.