PDA

View Full Version : XS & Free-DC Chat...

Pages : [1] 2

Bullet2urBrain
05-07-2006, 02:49 PM
As a Free-DC member I don't know if we will be strong enough to keep 1st place. I know a few heavy hitters aren't running Rosetta, but anyway, it will be a hell of a fight.
You all are invited to tease us at our forum.

He said it was okay :|party|:

Well we passed DPC, now we are coming for you guys.. are you ready for the
XS:train:

cuz we're definitely a rolling your way

:hifi:

Cheers FDC
~James

PY 222
05-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Definitely Bullet2urBrain.

You are more than welcome to tease us as much as you want but teasing won't get you No. 1 :lmao:

Oh, and since you guys will be here more often, I've taken the liberty to stock up the fridge.

So my fellow DCer, go ahead, help yourself to the :fridge:

riptide
05-08-2006, 12:07 PM

You are more than welcome to tease us as much as you want but teasing won't get you No. 1 :lmao:

Oh, and since you guys will be here more often, I've taken the liberty to stock up the fridge.

Hmmm yum yum... but i couldn't face food after all that beef from the DPC. Full to the tits I am...:D :D . But yes the teasing won't get us to No.1. But it'll put a smile on our faces during the hunt down. :lmao:

Riptide@XS

Bullet2urBrain
05-08-2006, 05:37 PM

Thank you Sir. As one of the legends in the DC Community i appreciate it :D

we'll meet you guys head to head in about 3 million points.. then we'll see where it gets us.

Absolute0
05-08-2006, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the drink, you have no idea how many cheeseburgers i have to wash down after that big BBQ :)

As for getting to #1, it's just a matter of time
DPC said we couldn't even beat them in a real project, and we know how that turned out, we beat them in their own stampede :rotfl:

PY 222
05-08-2006, 08:18 PM
From the sounds of it, you guys really did have a feast.

Don't worry about passing us so quickly. Go have a siesta first. :harhar:

Bullet2urBrain
05-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Siesta, Ha at this pace we might as well have a coma :D

My belly is truly full, a collossal burger from Ruby Tuesdays, thats 1lb of beef ( 2 * 1/2lb) im going to need those drinks from the FDC Fridge.

PY 222
05-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Siesta, Ha at this pace we might as well have a coma :D

My belly is truly full, a collossal burger from Ruby Tuesdays, thats 1lb of beef ( 2 * 1/2lb) im going to need those drinks from the FDC Fridge.

You better go slow on those drinks man. :lmao:

ex2cib
05-08-2006, 10:11 PM
You better go slow on those drinks man. :lmao:

you might need a bigger fridge before this is all said and done

btw, you guys have some cool smilies here:thumbs:

:dance: <<:lmao:

LAURENU2
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
you might need a bigger fridge before this is all said and done

btw, you guys have some cool smilies here:thumbs:

:dance: <<:lmao:
I would say so looking at the size of your membership :umm: Now who drank my 151 rum:swear:

Bullet2urBrain
05-08-2006, 11:11 PM
If there was *Hiccup* anyone *hiccup* who drank any*hiccup* thing i'd be meeEEeeEEeEeEE.

Nah Im just kidding i would never drink a ladies drink ;)

I swear im just kidding i know lauren is a guy :D

Thor
05-09-2006, 02:06 AM
I would be careful messing around with Laurenu2, he might find some space to stuff some nodes into:haddock: :rotfl:

So rock on everybody:hifi: !

LAURENU2
05-09-2006, 09:43 AM
I would be careful messing around with Laurenu2, he might find some space to stuff some nodes into:haddock: :rotfl:

So rock on everybody:hifi: !

Already am looking and just got 2 more nodes online last night and I put a oreder in on 10 more stuffens to make 10 more boxens

Digital Parasite
05-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Already am looking and just got 2 more nodes online last night and I put a oreder in on 10 more stuffens to make 10 more boxens

Lauren, you are definitely the sugar daddy DC man of FreeDC! :smoking: :notworthy :notworthy

So how did you overcome the electrical problems?

LAURENU2
05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Lauren, you are definitely the sugar daddy DC man of FreeDC! :smoking: :notworthy :notworthy

So how did you overcome the electrical problems?

yesterday I ran 2 more 30Amp circuits to handle the load and what ever else I can fit in. I now have 4 30 Amp lines to supply it all:banana:
Thats why my output was down a bit yesterday I pre ran it so down time would be at a min

Bullet2urBrain
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
all because of lil ol' me?

Thanks Lauren but i dont wanna motivate you anymore... your scary

MAOJC
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
yesterday I ran 2 more 30Amp circuits to handle the load and what ever else I can fit in. I now have 4 30 Amp lines to supply it all:banana:
Thats why my output was down a bit yesterday I pre ran it so down time would be at a min

But I still out RAC you in Rosetta! :lol:

XS_The_Machine
05-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Mad:taz:MikeE here
Danm, another place to get sucked into real often :D
Except we can't trash your group :swear: (well not too much :bonk: ) - we LIKE FDC ::rock:
And ex2cib is right on the smileys :harhar: :clap:

(/me puts on nice friendly face to distract FDC whilst we sneak up...)

He if Ronbo wanders through - how did the big family event go?

riptide
05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Ahhh my new little stopover when XS servers are down.:rock:

LAURENU2
05-09-2006, 04:34 PM
But I still out RAC you in Rosetta! :lol:
Yes you do:rotfl: But wait till I plug back in the 8 nodes that I had to keep off line because of tripping breakers and the 10 new PC's i JUST ORDERED
That should stretch the Days to Barbecue of ME from 118 days to 1,118.days :banana:And up my RAC back up to where it should be:banana:

Bullet2urBrain
05-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Yes you do:rotfl: But wait till I plug back in the 8 nodes that I had to keep off line because of tripping breakers and the 10 new PC's i JUST ORDERED
That should stretch the Days to Barbecue of ME from 118 days to 1,118.days :banana:And up my RAC back up to where it should be:banana:

Mother of god, another 10 PC's O Gnoes.

:rock: On LaurenU2

LAURENU2
05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Mother of god, another 10 PC's O Gnoes.

:rock: On LaurenU2
Hay Since you all want OUR #1 spot so bad I will do my best to make you all work extra hard to get it.:cheers:
Just be thankfully that:hiya: I am not in the IT Field and I am only useing my personal network to DC

PY 222
05-09-2006, 10:35 PM
You guys better not mess with Lauren. He is one well oiled machine.

Lauren, the DC Machine. :rock:

Shish
05-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, I`m staying quiet for now. But if push comes to shove, I`ve got another 25 Ghz in here I can switch on or retask and around 5 machines (mostly 2.5-3.0Ghz duals) outlying to go 24/7 and I guess there`s a few more like me if needs must who just hang here but seem to be able to command some extra output.
Nothing like Laurens potential power but I`ve certainly got a 45amp dedicated 230v circuit doing nothing much just now and might even switch the AC back on if outside temps get above 20C again (heatwave for me, normally an extra window open is enough :D ).
So? Watch out for the many lurkers as well, surprising how much power Free-Dc can suddenly find when necessary.

PY 222
05-10-2006, 02:47 AM
So? Watch out for the many lurkers as well, surprising how much power Free-Dc can suddenly find when necessary.

And that is why Free-DC IS the No. 1 DC team in the World.

We've got GHz on tap and an endless supply of fighting spirit. :rock:

LAURENU2
05-10-2006, 03:25 AM
You guys better not mess with Lauren. He is one well oiled machine.

Lauren, the DC Machine. :rock:

No I am just a small cog of the Free-DC Machine
But every part is important and make the hole stronger
Go Team Go

MAOJC
05-10-2006, 08:08 AM

I thought it pretty good considering it is only 10-11 machines, I have a couple more to bring online as well. :D :Pokes: :D

em99010pepe
05-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Yes, I posted that on XS forum. Welcome to all XS members.

Carlos

Bok
05-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I thought it pretty good considering it is only 10-11 machines, I have a couple more to bring online as well. :D :Pokes: :D

Yeah,

that's a very good RAC for that amount. How many dual-dualcores are you running now MAOJC ?

Of course you need to bring it over to Free-DC :looney: :p :banana::jester:

Bok

LAURENU2
05-10-2006, 09:40 AM
well bring them on line becuse I have already started out produceing you :moon: And in 10 days I will have 18 more nodes working:banana:

Name---- Team -----Today -Last Update -Yesterday
Laurenu2 -Free-DC ---5,374 --- 5,374 -----20,273

MAOJC Phoenix Rising -4,635 ---4,635 -----19,753

And your Days to Barbecue of ME jumped from 118 days to 129 just over night

MAOJC
05-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah,

that's a very good RAC for that amount. How many dual-dualcores are you running now MAOJC ?

Of course you need to bring it over to Free-DC :looney: :p :banana::jester:

Bok

5 single socket (2 way), 3 dual socket (4way) dual core machine with a dual 3.0 Ghz xeon that was given to me by work.

Still hunting for 200 series dual core bargains off flea bay.

ronbo54
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Nice tight race between MAOJC, LAURENU2, and I today. :thumbs:

Of course MAOJC needs to switch over to Free-DC so we can watch it better :cheers:

MAOJC
05-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Nice tight race between MAOJC, LAURENU2, and I today. :thumbs:

Of course MAOJC needs to switch over to Free-DC so we can watch it better :cheers:

The Nightlordy and I both plan to cross into the top 20 territory very soon, We are in a race to 1.5 million that looks like we will hit the same day, :hifi:

ronbo54
05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
The Nightlordy and I both plan to cross into the top 20 territory very soon, We are in a race to 1.5 million that looks like we will hit the same day, :hifi:

Then you should both switch to Free-DC so we can watch the race better :D

LAURENU2
05-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Then you should both switch to Free-DC so we can watch the race better :D
Like my sig says
If You Want The Best You Must forget The Rest
>>>>>>>>>>And Join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<<<
:Pokes: MAOJC:Pokes:

Bullet2urBrain
05-10-2006, 08:15 PM
And that is why Free-DC IS the No. 1 DC team in the World.

We've got GHz on tap and an endless supply of fighting spirit. :rock:

I'll never complain about being #2,

You guys do have quite the amount of GHz.. but we've got a bigger badder better fighting spirit.. Our team is quite youthful and spirited as indicated.

Good Luck guys, we're all going to need it... When the Elephants fight its the grass that suffers.

ex2cib
05-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I'll never complain about being #2,

You guys do have quite the amount of GHz.. but we've got a bigger badder better fighting spirit.. Our team is quite youthful and spirited as indicated.

Good Luck guys, we're all going to need it... When the Elephants fight its the grass that suffers.

you and your silly quotations

hmm....well, study break over, back to economics

macroeconomics>>:whip: <<me :cry:

DragonOrta
05-10-2006, 11:51 PM
LOL @ ex2cib. For me it's more like

summer vacation ==> :cheers: <=== me

:D

Digital Parasite
05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Summer vacation what is that? :confused:

For me it's, 6 weeks to finish my thesis.... :machgun: :scared:

ex2cib
05-11-2006, 10:48 AM
LOL @ ex2cib. For me it's more like

summer vacation ==> :cheers: <=== me

2 more days and ill be there

Bullet2urBrain
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Good Luck Digital Parasite,

Hey guys why not take the talk of summer break back to our side, let us continue the teasing.

Aint that right FDC... Our DDTUNG can beat up your PY222 ;)

nah im just playing, onward in the name of science, in other news tho.

Team XS is #1 in d2ol Phase II

PY 222
05-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Oh, is that so?

Alrighty then, because you said that, I'll bring online more boxen to make sure to crush your DDTUNG.

Remember, we Free-DCers love a good challenge.

I am going to need to reorganize some of my racks because the datacenter folks are screaming at me for overusing the circuits. Damn power requirements. :swear:

em99010pepe
05-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh, is that so?

Alrighty then, because you said that, I'll bring online more boxen to make sure to crush your DDTUNG.

I am going to need to reorganize some of my racks because the datacenter folks are screaming at me for overusing the circuits. Damn power requirements. :swear:

Are you going to add "the secret weapon"? I don't want to be here....:smoking:

Carlos

ex2cib
05-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Good Luck Digital Parasite,

Hey guys why not take the talk of summer break back to our side, let us continue the teasing.

nah im just playing, onward in the name of science, in other news tho.

Team XS is #1 in d2ol Phase II

because i just felt like talking about my summer plans here:bonk:

finished up with economics earlier, now i get to have fun with accounting, then my personal favorite, music the next day:bang:

2 down, 2 to go

a little OT but anyone looked @ dimes stats lately? the top 10 is filled up with XS and FDC, except for 1 lone TA person.:cheers:

Bullet2urBrain
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh, is that so?

There was no challenge, i would never speak on behalf of my teammates. if they can produce what you can produce i'll applaude them, same as i applaude you for what you produce.

My dad can beat up your dad PY222 :D

riptide
05-11-2006, 09:57 PM
There was no challenge, i would never speak on behalf of my teammates. if they can produce what you can produce i'll applaude them, same as i applaude you for what you produce.

My MOMMA can beat up your dad B2B :rotfl:

PY 222
05-11-2006, 10:11 PM

My Dad has a gun. :sniper:

A real big one. :jester:

Absolute0
05-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Ah someone from San Jose, cool

LAURENU2
05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Thats it I had enough I am going to get a machgun:machgun: and go after all of you and your Mom's and Dads Ant's and even you uncles :harhar: :welcome:
I am glade you are all having fun here
From all my travels Free-DC is the BEST I have found so far !
The members here will go out of there way just to help you:cheers:
That is why I am Proud to say I am a member of the fine team:rock:

Bok
05-12-2006, 12:31 AM
LOL,

yeah, everyone forgets what Free-DC is about. We strive to make DC more available by putting out the word about projects, hostings forums for projects, stats etc.. Hell, I think I was the one who helped get Rosetta going at XtremeSystems, XtremePC and a few others when they first started by pushing it somewhat..

We'll put up a fight, but the science comes first...excellent work XtremeSystems!

Lauren, very well put. You are credit to the team!

Bok

LAURENU2
05-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Bok
Lauren, very well put. You are credit to the team!

Now if I could only learn how to spell and type I :hiya: would be OK:bonk:

Shish
05-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Lauren.....

Goggle is yer fren......:looney: :D :umm:

Right, 7 pills (big/small/white,yellow/white,red/cream, green/cream, buff/white/buff 3layer, ) and a bucket (pronounced bookay=big fat wine glass) of Chateau Neuf Du Pape for breakfast and off to bed. Stella and Carlsberg Special Brew delivery at 4:00PM GMT so I`m gonna sleep away the heat of the day and commiserate with the poor Boro` boys, always the bridesmaid and never the bride....bit like the Magpies, Bok. Poor Mclaren now has to go train EngERLUND to get past the first round and without his swan song victory for Middlesboro....
Ne`er mind..... off to Edinburgh to see a quack or two. Back in a month.

You may have to translate all that for our frens BOK....:umm: :clap: :thumbs: :cheers:

Bok
05-12-2006, 07:35 AM
I was a Sevilla fan on wednesday :jester:.

Shearer's send-off seemed pretty good yesterday though...

Bok

em99010pepe
05-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I was a Sevilla fan on wednesday :jester:.

Bok

And you will be a Barcelona fan next wednesday!

Carlos

Bok
05-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Nah,

I want Arsenal to win that one :)

Bok

Digital Parasite
05-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Thats it I had enough I am going to get a machgun:machgun: and go after all of you and your Mom's and Dads Ant's and even you uncles :harhar:

Careful Lauren, with the crazyness that is Homeland Security in your country, they might consider you a terrarrrrrist and hawl you off to the big house... :cage:

We can't risk that!!! :thumbs:

gopher_yarrowzoo
05-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh All I can offer is support - R@H and me don't erm speak the same lingo..
Lauren you scare me....
* hands lauren some funny codes, Cough!!! *
Might be of use...
Go :smoking: a few ;)

LAURENU2
05-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh All I can offer is support - R@H and me don't erm speak the same lingo..
Lauren you scare me....
* hands lauren some funny codes, Cough!!! *
Might be of use...
Go :smoking: a few ;)
http://users.ameritech.net/laurenu2/SETUPZ.GIF

Thanks I needed that:rotfl: :banana: :rotfl:

PY 222
05-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Looks like we have increased our production and have cut down the gap with XS significantly.

If we can still get a bit more, we'll be able to hold them off indefinitely.

:|party|: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :|party|:

Absolute0
05-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Looks like we have increased our production and have cut down the gap with XS significantly.

So where in SJ are you at? I might have to visit on my way home from college!

I'll be the mad electrician who says you need to be unplugged! :swear:

:D :clap:

PY 222
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
So where in SJ are you at? I might have to visit on my way home from college!

I'll be the mad electrician who says you need to be unplugged! :swear:

:D :clap:

Well, I live about 15 minutes away from downtown but I work directly in downtown San Jose.

Shoot me a PM if you are near here.

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 05:02 PM

Well I got all nodes except 2 (dead CPUs) back up and running .:thumbs: I had a order for 10 more But I was able to cancel most of it after a PM from Bok about going Duel core. (Thanks Bok for looking after me) But I still have 2 new nodes due in this week. to up my totals And I will be looking for good deals on Duel cores

And Doctor Who is still doing his thing with XS's Days to Overtake us :harhar: After 14 later the Days to Overtake us has gone from 21 days to 25:banana:
2 XtremeSystems 27,103,643 327,041.35 -97,083.55 24.92

Go Team Go:bouncy:

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Well, I live about 15 minutes away from downtown but I work directly in downtown San Jose.

Shoot me a PM if you are near here.
You better frisk him PY and take away any Monkey wrenches he has on him:jester:

Haltech
05-14-2006, 06:50 PM
LOL... Youre on a mission arent you PY?

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 06:58 PM
LOL... Youre on a mission arent you PY?
Aren't we all:hifi:

PY 222
05-14-2006, 08:31 PM
You better frisk him PY and take away any Monkey wrenches he has on him:jester:

Don't worry, I won't take him to the datacenter. :rotfl:

riptide
05-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Don't worry, I won't take him to the datacenter. :rotfl:
Waaa I want a datacentre too!!!!

MAOJC
05-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Like my sig says
If You Want The Best You Must forget The Rest
>>>>>>>>>>And Join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<<<
:Pokes: MAOJC:Pokes:

Seriously considering it, Not realy happy with my current situations at the moment. Give me a few days to decide

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Waaa I want a datacentre too!!!!
Ya me :hiya: to :cry:
A Einstein predicted the power of ╥ But who would have thought Free-DCwould wind up with it working for them:rotfl:-->:jester:

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Seriously considering it, Not realy happy with my current situations at the moment. Give me a few days to decide

As you can see we are a fun bunch here No fighting or pushing around.
Well if you do decide to come over the door is always open to you
Heck it is open to you even if you do not wish to help us:umm: but we could use your power:thumbs:

riptide
05-14-2006, 10:47 PM
MAOJC... join us at Xtremesystems. you're currently with Phoenix R? We'll be #1 soon and we could use your help too. (covers head cos gonna get bashed here for this):thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 10:57 PM
MAOJC... join us at Xtremesystems. you're currently with Phoenix R? We'll be #1 soon and we could use your help too. (covers head cos gonna get bashed here for this):thumbs:

You might be use to
covers head cos gonna get bashed here for this)

at your team
But we don't do that here :cheers: I am sure MAOJC is smart enough to make the best choice for his needs or wants of a team

Oh Ya MAOJC... good job on staying just in frount of my output Got 6 0f my 8 sleeping nodes up and every time I added 1 you seemed to add as well:thumbs: your a hard DC'er to top:bang:

heater
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Well I got all nodes except 2 (dead CPUs) back up and running .:thumbs: I had a order for 10 more But I was able to cancel most of it after a PM from Bok about going Duel core. (Thanks Bok for looking after me) But I still have 2 new nodes due in this week. to up my totals And I will be looking for good deals on Duel cores

And Doctor Who is still doing his thing with XS's Days to Overtake us :harhar: After 14 later the Days to Overtake us has gone from 21 days to 25:banana:
2 XtremeSystems 27,103,643 327,041.35 -97,083.55 24.92

Go Team Go:bouncy:

I found the frige well stocked thanks :thumbs: dual core now you tell me :bonk:
BOK i thought you said P111's :rock: in Rosetta :) .
BTW i found my way here googling Great Battles i will pull up a chair in your most respected house and we have fun while in battle :D heater918 XS_The_Machine

Shish
05-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Get stuck in Lauren.
I`m off for a month to get a new piece of elastic to hang the quads above my left knee cap on and maybe investigate if the City of Edinburgh still has a good titanium spinal parts unit.
Last time I was there it was Spinal Tap on the PA system, hope they don`t remember me.
Might also investigate if it`s still a good party city cos the whiskey stinks and the beer`s not much better.

Enjoy yerselves guys and gals and don`t hurt XS too much while I`m gone...leave some for li`ll ol` me.

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 11:41 PM
BOK i thought you said P111's in Rosetta .
Bok knows I like AMD And he knows I have been having problems with Space at my house to run all my nodes And to supply enough Elect.power to run them all.
Dual cores is one way to solve that problem

LAURENU2
05-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Shish Will you check in some times? Or are you Just Gone

heater
05-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Bok knows I like AMD And he knows I have been having problems with Space at my house to run all my nodes And to supply enough Elect.power to run them all.
P111's was a joke, BOK would only help :thumbs: Dual core is the best answer :cheers:

MAOJC
05-15-2006, 03:03 AM

Almost everything I am running is dual core AMD. 22 AMD cores currently. Plus I have a few extra tricks with them I might have to let out of the bag. The power consumption and heat generation is much less that the 20+ XP2550@ XP3200 I used to run. Now I am using 2 15 amp lines, then I was using 3 20 amp lines and 1 15 amp line. Granted one of the 20's was used to power a 15,000 BTU Window AC unit which now is being handle by my central AC unit alone.

We will see, I am statying with TPR until 1.5 million as I promised Nightlord to complete that race, then I will be "house Hunting " That is unless he releases me from my commitment. ;)

Shish
05-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Just heading out to Edinbugger.
Not sure on access but I will sweet talk the admin guy to borrow a lappie otherwise I`ll scream and kick (well, with one leg anyway) until they give in.
I have seen they`ve got the bedside phone link but I`m not gonna pay for that when I can get it free via their network.
I`ve got an NHS log on anyway so shouldn`t be too much problem but I will be missing for a few days to a week cos the anaesthetic will kill me and the stitching op for the tendon is very painful (3rd time so I know) and that means morphine so I probs won`t be too sensible for a week. :scared:
Been there, done that, got the video and the teeshirt. I actually have got the video cos after the fees they charge, they are obliged out of shame to give you a copy. :evil: :partyon:
Anyway Lauren......you could always do what IB did and REALLY embarrass XS and go dual duallies :woot: :thumbs:

C U All later guys and gals....enjoy..

Bok
05-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Almost everything I am running is dual core AMD. 22 AMD cores currently. Plus I have a few extra tricks with them I might have to let out of the bag. The power consumption and heat generation is much less that the 20+ XP2550@ XP3200 I used to run. Now I am using 2 15 amp lines, then I was using 3 20 amp lines and 1 15 amp line. Granted one of the 20's was used to power a 15,000 BTU Window AC unit which now is being handle by my central AC unit alone.

We will see, I am statying with TPR until 1.5 million as I promised Nightlord to complete that race, then I will be "house Hunting " That is unless he releases me from my commitment. ;)

Hey MAOJC, how are you keeping the whole lot cool out in Phoenix ?? It's over 100 last few days right ? I've got a flight out there this afternoon :)

Bok

ladypcer
05-15-2006, 09:35 AM
go dual duallies

Sounds like a plan :whistle:

LAURENU2
05-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok I will order 4 new 64x2 4400 what is the best MB to use with it?
and will XP work OK for it?

MAOJC
05-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey MAOJC, how are you keeping the whole lot cool out in Phoenix ?? It's over 100 last few days right ? I've got a flight out there this afternoon :)

Bok

Just standard house AC is adequate, the opteron duallies generate pretty low heat even when overclocked The room I am in stays about 78F with the AC set @ 76F. I have Water cooled a couple and that seems to help them cope when room temps go up but it has nothing to do with total BTUs. The next ones being built will also be water cooled.

When I was running 20+ XP3200 overclocks it was almost impossible to keep them cool enough to operate in the summer months and the electric bill as outrageous. Now 20 + Opeteron cores running in the 2.5+ Ghz range are easy to cool. Granted it was a big investment, but the TCO should pay off over about a year or so.

yep was over a 100 all week, and will likely be like that now till fall. Up side is, this AM is was about 72F and the patio was nice to have coffee on at dawn.

Bok
05-15-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm sure it'll be pleasant when I step off the plane at 6.30PM tonight. It's always like an oven in that tunnel!!

Bok

Bok
05-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Lauren. Save some money and just get 3800's and overclock them... Or even better go for opteron 165's. I'd recommend for a motherboard this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264)

Very easy to overclock the opteron's to 2.3 or above and it has on board video too. Good deal at $70 too. I have a couple of them running opteron 165's at 2.4Ghz or so.

Other notes :

you'll need decent PSU's with 24pins connectors..

I'd also recommend 512Mb ram as you'll be running 2 instances of Rosetta.

Windows XP will be fine.

Bok

ladypcer
05-15-2006, 10:09 AM

No..no.. won't Duron 700's work best? or maybe PII's?
Motherboard.. do you have old Atari?
No XP, either.. I'd try a mac OS. :rotfl:

MAOJC
05-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Lauren. Save some money and just get 3800's and overclock them... Or even better go for opteron 165's. I'd recommend for a motherboard this one (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264)

Very easy to overclock the opteron's to 2.3 or above and it has on board video too. Good deal at $70 too. I have a couple of them running opteron 165's at 2.4Ghz or so.

Other notes :

you'll need decent PSU's with 24pins connectors..

I'd also recommend 512Mb ram as you'll be running 2 instances of Rosetta.

Windows XP will be fine.

Bok

:hifi: on the opteron 165/170s and you can snipe them on eBay once in a while for less than retail.

You might want to try out Ubuntu 5.10 for AMD 64 on those Opterons. 512 is the bare minimum on memory, I run a gig on them as Rosetta preempts stay in memory.

There are a couple of tricks you can pull for optimized Rosetta clients on AMD 64 as well.

Bok
05-15-2006, 12:58 PM
:hifi: on the opteron 165/170s and you can snipe them on eBay once in a while for less than retail.

You might want to try out Ubuntu 5.10 for AMD 64 on those Opterons. 512 is the bare minimum on memory, I run a gig on them as Rosetta preempts stay in memory.

There are a couple of tricks you can pull for optimized Rosetta clients on AMD 64 as well.

Tell me more ?? I notice your benchmarks are pretty high. I've only been up to 12000 or so even at 2.7Ghz on a 165.

I've still not tried Ubuntu, but I use Gentoo 64 quite a bit..though I've been lazy and just installed windows on most of the dual cores. When I get time I'll move them to linux.

Bok

Shish
05-15-2006, 02:37 PM
OK, I`m settled in a nice room with a view and a lappie to access my vnc.
I`d recommend the 170 if you can Lauren, they go slightly better with the higher multi not needing very highest qual oc`ing ram to hit 2500.
My 165 Opti goes to 2600+ but needs 300 FSB and I`ve dropped it back to 280 for stability. I`ve tried both Asus NF4 and MSI NF3 and the opti is happy in either so earlier NF3 instead of NF4 is OK and probs cheaper. Heat is no prob on air with a SI 120mm Thermalright but Gigabyte water is both cheap and effective (about half the price of Asetek and Swiftech kits) and a complete unit ready to go with dead easy instal. Worth it if you have high temps in the house for summertime but the Optis run quite cool in comparison to the XPs and PIVs.
Anyway, one phone call to confirm my ident and log on smartcard and I get a lappie (ol` Dell but never mind) and an ethernet plug into the room circuit....though it was a telephone plug but turns out they`re wired for Cisco IP phones and the admin can`t do enough for me. Smacker having a 100Mhz full duplex ethernet to play with but I doubt the ol` Dell will take any stick....burning my legs now cos I can`t get the room temp below 70F and so I only have shorts on. Now where`s that red haired vampire that wants my blood :D Definitely want a better table here cos the bed one is too high for typing on. Have to get a clamp reader stand for when I`m on my back but I won`t be posting much past Wednesday for a week or so so you can all breathe a sigh of relief.
XP will be fine Lauren and if you get dual duallies like IB, I`m sure we can sort you out a server disk to play with :clap: :cheers: all dinner is served and I don`t want to be on the wrong side of the sister.....not that I ...... no....gotta behave :bonk:

Digital Parasite
05-15-2006, 03:30 PM

Exactly, dual-cores are your friend. Half the real-estate and less power than two single processor boxes. And in 2007 when they all go quad-core, even more savings!

MAOJC
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Tell me more ?? I notice your benchmarks are pretty high. I've only been up to 12000 or so even at 2.7Ghz on a 165.

I've still not tried Ubuntu, but I use Gentoo 64 quite a bit..though I've been lazy and just installed windows on most of the dual cores. When I get time I'll move them to linux.

Bok

You got PM, can't let all my secrets into the public domain! ;)

Absolute0
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
X2 3800+s and 165s are solid choices.

Is that BIOSTAR motherboard any good for overclocking? 69$ MATX board with decent overclocking features does make it look like a good buy for mass 3800+s with modest overclocks.

nightlord
05-15-2006, 05:21 PM
You got PM, can't let all my secrets into the public domain! ;)

Mind if I stick around for a while guys? :hiya:

I need to keep an eye on The Major....make sure he doesn't let the side down :Pokes:

LAURENU2
05-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Ok when I was out today I passed by Microcenter and was dran inside by som unknown force and picked up a 3800 X2 and a Aaus A8N-VM Motherboard And a 512 memory And a 100 gig maxtor I will work to get it it online tonight or tomarrow

LAURENU2
05-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Outstanding Free-DC has closed the output gap to about 30K a day:cheers:
Free-DC is #1 And will stay #1
XS is still stuck in the time warp and is still going backward
2 XtremeSystems 27,480,417 323,969.80 -85,816.52 27.61
:banana: They lost 2.5 days just over night:banana:

Haltech
05-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Its taken you guys enough time to get additional people to close that gap... Were doing it with less. However, expect your lead to decrease soon enough :lmao:

Bullet2urBrain
05-15-2006, 09:48 PM
we've got a lil side project of taking our DC Vault rankings up, since we are much better than the #112 ranked DC Team..... but we'll be around for the fight in R@H

MAOJC
05-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Mind if I stick around for a while guys? :hiya:

I need to keep an eye on The Major....make sure he doesn't let the side down :Pokes:

Figured you would come a looking sooner or later! Your race with me to 1.5 million is still safe for the time being. Just counting the days till that commitment is over, which is unfortunate.

Hey done any good IRC chat, picture viewing of babies or played any on line games lately? :jester: :looney: :bang:

These folks talk some nice DC around here!

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 12:29 AM
These folks talk some nice DC around here!
Ya a lot of puffen and pulling of chains All in good fun But we are still #1 :banana:

PY 222
05-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Ya a lot of puffen and pulling of chains All in good fun But we are still #1 :banana:

And we'll be for a long time. :thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Ok when I was out today I passed by Microcenter and was dran inside by som unknown force and picked up a 3800 X2 and a Aaus A8N-VM Motherboard And a 512 memory And a 100 gig maxtor I will work to get it it online tonight or tomarrow
I am installing the OS now A ? Do I run 2 instances of Rosetta or Boinc
Or just 1 at 2x the speed?
If 2 instances will it pick it up on it's own or do I have to start the 2nd my self I know I Know Im a Dummy:bang:

IronBits
05-16-2006, 01:41 AM
If you have your settings on the website set for two procs, it will start two WUs ;)
:thumbs:

Bok
05-16-2006, 03:01 AM
A few replies in one post...

Absolute0, yes the Biostar is great for Overclocking. The BIOS is extremely good. I believe Jeff got his opty 165 at 2.7 on one of these boards. I haven't gone past 2.4 on mine yet due to the warm weather - these ones are in my garage after all with no A/C :)

nightlord, you're welcome to join/visit/ or just lurk - it's all good with us!!

Lauren, I actually have one of those A8N-VM boards, they aren't as good at overclocking as the Biostar, but you should still be able to crank that up to 2.3 or so. Go into the BIOS first and turn HTT down to 3X, drop the memory speed to 166 and up the FSB to 230. BOINC should automatically start two rosetta wu's as the default on preferences is for 2..

Bok

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Yep started right up with 2 running Thanks
2 More 2400 XP systems are due in a day or so I will add them in as well
I will start to look for some good deal on more X2's
Better watchout PY :hiya: I am learning to  to:hifi:

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Thanks Bok I will get in to the tweaking to marrow I just jumped and bought this setup to get started
I will start to looks for the MB you posted above too AGAIN Thanks all for all the pointers
Only 50K till we start toping XS totals Go Team Go

Bullet2urBrain
05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks Bok I will get in to the tweaking to marrow I just jumped and bought this setup to get started
I will start to looks for the MB you posted above too AGAIN Thanks all for all the pointers
Only 50K till we start toping XS totals Go Team Go

only 50k more till we have to "un-diversify" and bring the fight to you Xtreme Style.

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 06:21 PM
only 50k more till we have to "un-diversify" and bring the fight to you Xtreme Style.
You better watch that Bullet2urBrain or I get my big brother to beat you up
Oh wait I am a only child,,:bang: OK OK I will get my dog to do it, So watch it:harhar:

Bullet2urBrain
05-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Thats about all it would take to beat me up. is a lil dog.

Oh yeah well Your outproducing XSTM right now .... o wait thats embarrassing.
heh

Yeah well Lauren atleast im only 100% male, you must have an extra, you know what they say 2's company but 3's a crowd

Bok
05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't moderate that last post... I can't quite figure out whether it's offensive or not - it doesn't make sense.

Let me know or it gets moderated.

Bok

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 09:14 PM
hahaha he is just jealous I have 10% more :lmao: -->:rotfl:

Bullet2urBrain
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Vvvvvvv

LAURENU2
05-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Vvvvvvv

There they go again bringing out the guns to compensate :jester:

Bullet2urBrain
05-16-2006, 09:58 PM
The only guns i have are my left and right arms. :D

Biggles
05-17-2006, 04:59 AM
<off topic>

Shish, if you're still going to be stuck up in Edinburgh this time next week we could have a mini Ars meet in Scotland. I have uni exams every day until next week however.

</off topic>

Shish
05-17-2006, 09:08 AM
#Biggles#
#Off Topic#

Hi mate,
I`m in hospital having a tendon/knee op which will be excruciatingly painful for some time so I`ll be on morphine and comatose for at least a week from tomorrow (0730am op? are they bloody joking these people? No goddamn supper tonite (might get a Malay smuggled in before 2200 changeover:D ) no drink for 3 months and diamorphine from when they let me back conscious for some months so I will definitely not be sensible or sober for the month or so I`m there and seriously unfit both mentally and physically for between 3 to 6 months depending on healing and how much I can manage to drink (of alcohol cos water is poisonous to me) . I will be up in Aberdeen for Oxygen and hyperbaric depending on when they can fit me in but no details until as and when.
At the moment, it depends mostly on how much work they decide to do in one or two goes and what they actually find as Ultrasonics still isn`t an exact science (don`t tell the minisub boys offshore that cos they`ll laugh at the poor docs.).

I`m on an old DellBoy luggable which has killed the bed table so atm I`m on the floor with it till they find me a reinforced page turner thing to clamp it over the bed but I`ll be off air for the next week or so now from tomorrow am and then till they fix me up with some contraptions after I`m conscious cos I`ll be stuck in bed for a while.

#OffTopic ends#

Bok?
I thought we had a smiley for OffTopic notes thingy but if we did I can`t find it cos somebody has bust the key which allows pop ups on this stupid lappie and I can`t get at the extra ones which pop up...ye Knareman? :cry:

Anyway Biggles, you should be ashamed of yersel` trying to poach members for the opposite sex whoops opposition and talking to me, you`ll get kick banned if I tell the Orbiting HQ Emperor imperium you`ve been talking nicely to me :clap: :thumbs: :cheers: :D
At least we haven`t got the imposed ruleset discussed among the mods at Ars on this site nor some of the silly things that got me to leave. Nice quiet(ish) friendly, easy going, luvverly people site this.
Well apart from those XS personages getting jealous of course, but we are very live and let live until they try to roadkill (damn, thats another one I can`t get to) (bloody frustrating things these lappies.....need a mini waving mouse thingy cos the touchpad is pathetic as well) us and then we :Pokes: Lauren or PY or one or two others....
That`s it, the backs gone as well now, and the nurse is shouting something....selective hearing is a great gift :D given me after being married for 32 years so I`m quiet for the next week or so BUT I will be watching you and I may even know your IP address:harhar:

riptide
05-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't moderate that last post... I can't quite figure out whether it's offensive or not - it doesn't make sense.

Let me know or it gets moderated.

Bok
Ya was kinda wondering whats the punch line... :umm: anyways... Bok whats that in your avatar? Can't seem to make it out!

Bok
05-17-2006, 10:10 AM
My avatar is 'Bok'. It's from a 1970's episode of Doctor Who.....

Biggles, we don't come over to Ars and poach and I won't have you coming over here and doing it. Your post was moderated.

Bok

IronBits
05-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Bok?
I thought we had a smiley for OffTopic notes thingy
This one? :|ot|: :D (without the spaces) : | ot | : ;)

Shish
05-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks IB.:thumbs:
Unfortunately, this ol` Dell (mebbe circa 1995:clap: jokin really but the IT guy was kind enough to lend me one and give me 10/10 internet) has the mappable keys dead and the allow popups are on one of them. Plus, although I`ve got no real restrictions on the internet access, I have to comply with their .GOV rules and firewall so I`m using UVNC to access the home server to avoid that complication but I also can`t remember the control key codes to send to alter my home keyboard set via UVNC.
Not to worry, I`ll be a quiet spectator for a while cos strange things happen to your brain when you become a druggie like I`m about to for a while.
Ask anybody who has had a striated tendon and regrowth cartilage operated on and cut/restitched.:eek:
But honest, I`m really struggling with this Dell but not enough that I`d want to buy a new one....I hate touchpads.....and I hate M.Dell even more sometimes.

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Its taken you guys enough time to get additional people to close that gap... Were doing it with less. However, expect your lead to decrease soon enough :lmao:

We are still waiting The Days to Overtake is now 2X what it was 18 days ago
1 Free-DC 30,530,917 260,515 56,102 40.28 :rock:

And we only have 42 members working this XS has 72 returning work
Is XS starting to give up on the hope of being #1

riptide
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Is XS starting to give up on the hope of being #1
" Hope can kill a man" - Shawshank Redemption. It is not a question of hope, it is one of fulfilling our destiny. :smoking:

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
" Hope can kill a man" - Shawshank Redemption. It is not a question of hope, it is one of fulfilling our destiny. :smoking:
I hope your team mates will not Kill you for the false hope you are feeding them :rotfl:

PY 222
05-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Wow.. at this rate they are going, its going to take them 40 days to get us. The gap sure has increased.

Anyway, to ramp up sure is easy but to sustain it takes alot of effort.

Good luck XS and we will see you all in 40 days..... hopefully. :jester:

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
hopefully.:rotfl: PY you do have a sense of humor:rotfl:

riptide
05-18-2006, 08:33 PM
I hope your team mates will not Kill you for the false hope you are feeding them :rotfl:
Why is this what you do around here.... :gangpunch

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Why is this what you do around here.... :gangpunch

Sorry I bet it was that Download gopher_yarrowzoo sent to me (Humor sense beta 95.) I must be having a system overload:looney: .I will have to shutdown and do a system restore Back in 20 min after I purge all Humor files :trash:

riptide
05-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Sorry I bet it was that Download gopher_yarrowzoo sent to me (Humor sense beta 95.) I must be having a system overload:looney: .I will have to shutdown and do a system restore Back in 20 min after I purge all Humor files :trash:
Try the Ubuntu version.... its more nOOb friendly. :lmao: :lmao: :Pokes: :rotfl:

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Rip you must admit you opened the door for that one with that " Hope can kill a man" Quote:thumbs:
I hope you all know I am the team :jester: and I am just playing with your team with all the :Pokes: I give you and your team . I hope you do not think I mean all the stuff I post . Well except for

I do give your team a lot of respect you all are doing a outstanding job here:thumbs:

Absolute0
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Stay #1, but for how long? ;)

MAOJC
05-18-2006, 10:55 PM
The count down has begun.

T minus 6 days and counting! ;)

riptide
05-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Rip you must admit you opened the door for that one with that " Hope can kill a man" Quote:thumbs:
I hope you all know I am the team :jester: and I am just playing with your team with all the :Pokes: I give you and your team . I hope you do not think I mean all the stuff I post . Well except for

I do give your team a lot of respect you all are doing a outstanding job here:thumbs:
Sure... its all mutual... relax.. its all fun. Isn't that rule numero uno of DC! 'Have Fun doing it'. Now back to the :Pokes: :thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 11:16 PM

Count FASTER

heater
05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Have you seen the sweet shoes we got DPC Bubbles :rotfl:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99821

LAURENU2
05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Stay #1, but for how long? ;) Long Enough to :moon: you all
According to my calculator 39.682881180706570175751310113721 day
But that will Dbl in another week Like it has the past 2 weeks

Like we have all said here if you are going after #1 we WILL make you work your BLANKoff to earn it:rock:

Haltech
05-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Troll line is just waiting to get bit! Where are you guys at? :lmao:

Bok
05-19-2006, 02:51 AM

:woot:

Bok:thumbs:

PY 222
05-19-2006, 03:38 AM

Wait... what are we counting down to? :scratch: :dunno:

LAURENU2
05-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Troll line is just waiting to get bit! Where are you guys at? :lmao:
We are just ahead of you:lmao: You need a bigger Faster boat to snag us:rock:

LAURENU2
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Go Dr Who Go keep working your time loop magic:banana:

Today 2 XtremeSystems 28,642,369 313,214 -48,750 45.73

yesterday1 Free-DC 30,530,917 260,515 56,102 40.28

We have gained 5 days just over night Outstanding teamwork from all to hold onto our #1 spot
Go team go
PS I picked up the fixens for another 3800 X2 today and should have it online later tonight.

Bok
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Wait... what are we counting down to? :scratch: :dunno:

Some more help :)

em99010pepe
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Some more help :)

I believe so (http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/index.php?searchmember=MAOJC&searchteam=). :umm: :rock:

Carlos

LAURENU2
05-20-2006, 11:34 AM
another 15 day gain just over night:umm: I guess there is no need for me to add any more 2x nodes

2 XtremeSystems 28,926,865 305,995 -37,112 59.89
The 2x 3800 I picked up yesterday is now online

MAOJC
05-20-2006, 05:50 PM
T-minus 4.5 days and counting! :hiya: :drink:

em99010pepe
05-20-2006, 06:00 PM

Can't your clock go faster? :rotfl:

Carlos

Popeye
05-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Since I'm new here, are we in a race? From this thread I gather we are.

em99010pepe
05-20-2006, 06:52 PM

Yes, against XtremeSystems team.

Carlos

PY 222
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM

They want our No. 1 position in this project, Rosetta@Home but we are no push overs.

So they'll have to work doubly hard to get it.

Come join us in this Popeye.

Bok
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Nice output Popeye - what do you have running ?

MAOJC - 4.5 days - we'll be waiting !!! :)

Bok

LAURENU2
05-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Good I will have some one to go head to head with:fight:
I keep throeing my glove at :notworthy PY But:umm: I think he thinks I am :looney: :harhar: And says no to our :fight:

So :hiya: and push faster

ddtung
05-20-2006, 09:55 PM
I just ordered some high octane fuel for my crunching farm, or was it jet fuel?:D

DDTUNG:cool:

LAURENU2
05-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I just ordered some high octane fuel for my crunching farm, or was it jet fuel?:D

Can I have a taste of it:drink:

riptide
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Can I have a taste of it:drink:
DDTUNG is messing ... what he really means Uranium Fuel rods. His output is on fire!

LAURENU2
05-21-2006, 11:07 PM
DDTUNG is messing ... what he really means Uranium Fuel rods. His output is on fire!
8K over his norm is not what I would call on fire:blush: Maybe warm and toasty But not on Fire:thumbs:

ladypcer
05-22-2006, 05:27 AM
8K over his norm is not what I would call on fire:blush: Maybe warm and toasty But not on Fire:thumbs:

I sure wouldn't sneeze at 8K. Especially seeing that someone dropped by 4K yesterday.
Just an observation.:thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-22-2006, 09:30 AM
OOH no XS has eaten the Days to Overtake to
2 XtremeSystems 29,512,286 308,430 -38,045 55.42

OK off to the store again to by 10K worth of 4400 X2's to combat the new threat,
and up our Days to Overtake buffer back or past the 2 month mark.
:Pokes: Come on team Lets give them a hard fight :fight:

ddtung
05-22-2006, 09:34 AM

OK off to the store again to by 10K worth of 4400 X2's to combat the new threat,

Easy now Lauren.:)

MAOJC
05-22-2006, 09:40 AM
T-minus 2.5 days and counting! :cheers: :bouncy:

LAURENU2
05-22-2006, 09:42 AM

I'm really just using this as a reason to build my own data center so I can race with PY:hifi: and then I plan to Take over the world:lmao: :rotfl:

Bullet2urBrain
05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
sorry guys, i was drunk all weekend, i missed the fun parts.

but in other exciting news... im on fire... i was @ AutoX on sunday for 10hrs and im sunburnt.

Oh Yeah FDC.......

Your going down mmmmmmmmmk :up:

Lauren2: When you going to pull the DPAD Firepower to R@H?

nightlord
05-22-2006, 02:33 PM
T-minus 2.5 days and counting! :cheers: :bouncy:

Don't wait on me m8....1.5M is the same regardless of whose team it adds to ;)

With the dsl outage the other week, I lost the chance to bring on line a small amount of help. By the time the link came back the race was all over bar the shouting.:notworthy

Have fun in your new home, but keep looking over your shoulder now...:tempted:

ronbo54
05-22-2006, 02:52 PM

With the dsl outage the other week, I lost the chance to bring on line a small amount of help. By the time the link came back the race was all over bar the shouting.:notworthy

Why don't you come over too nightlord :cheers:

That would make a nice 3 way race between MAOJC, LAURENU2, and yourself.

Much easier to keep track of things that way :thumbs:

Of course, if you all add too much power I may have to add a few more boxes to my ronbo54 alias :D

MAOJC
05-22-2006, 03:01 PM

If you say so, I was just hangin on to complete the race as agreed, but if the totals make it still a race then I am out of there now!

Done deal! :clap: :eek: :hiya:

riptide
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM

Eh Lauren.... you know the way I love free-dc stats page... well there is another school of thought that says ... well its about half that..... kissy kissy!!
The second stats window... http://www.xtremepccentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24296

LAURENU2
05-22-2006, 05:42 PM
sorry guys, i was drunk all weekend, i missed the fun parts.

but in other exciting news... im on fire... i was @ AutoX on sunday for 10hrs and im sunburnt.

Oh Yeah FDC.......

Your going down mmmmmmmmmk :up:

Lauren2: When you going to pull the DPAD Firepower to R@H?

Well with all the new X2"s I am bringing on line I thought I would point some power back to DPAD:rock: To help capture the #1 spot there too

LAURENU2
05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Eh Lauren.... you know the way I love free-dc stats page... well there is another school of thought that says ... well its about half that..... kissy kissy!!
The second stats window... http://www.xtremepccentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24296
Oh that one where it say your team has gained 21 more new members then US and have outputed 634,610 more points then us

XtremeSystems ====3,774,680===251===276===25
Free-DC==========3,140,070===153===157===4
All I can say is good luck on your quest to be #1 :cheers:

riptide
05-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh that one where it say your team has gained 21 more new members then US and have outputed 634,610 more points then us

XtremeSystems ====3,774,680===251===276===25
Free-DC==========3,140,070===153===157===4
All I can say is good luck on your quest to be #1 :cheers:
'Tis destiny I tell you! :D The little guys matter to our team too... they all matter!

nn_step
05-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Well looks like we are gaining on you.. Oh well it is inevitable
and sweet Jebus you guys have alot of smilies

LAURENU2
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM

OK just got back from microcenter with the fixings for 2 more 3800 X2 nodes
I will have 1 new node online tonight and maybe the other one tomorrow
Looks like it will be 12K Not 10K as I stated above:cry:

MAOJC
05-23-2006, 12:44 AM
I have a couple more Opterons that are going under Peltier goodness in the near future!:D :banana: :D

riptide
05-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Would 30k over his 7day average be on fire? Or almost 50k over 28day average? I dunno man... but thats what I call Nuclear!:Pokes: Oh ya I love you smilies too!!

cMw
05-24-2006, 08:33 AM
hmmm 44k over his daily average....wonder what it could be... :o

Bok
05-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm almost through some re-organization of the farm too. Got one more opty to build (upgrading my 3 year old's PC ;) )

Bok

petercintn
05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey Bok,

See the Wake Forest as to where you stay. Native? I'm from Erwin, next to Dunn if you've not heard of Erwin. I just joined Xtreme's team. :o Didn't know this site existed till today, but still, I like to rout for the underdogs...

And it's all friendly competition I hope, for a good cause. Anyways, just thought I'd say, hey!, to a fellow tar heel.

Scoofy12
05-24-2006, 02:35 PM
so... what exactly is a tar heel anyway?

and if you know that, maybe next someone can explain to me what a hoosier is. i live in indiana and i don't even know :dunno:

Bok
05-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey Bok,

See the Wake Forest as to where you stay. Native? I'm from Erwin, next to Dunn if you've not heard of Erwin. I just joined Xtreme's team. :o Didn't know this site existed till today, but still, I like to rout for the underdogs...

And it's all friendly competition I hope, for a good cause. Anyways, just thought I'd say, hey!, to a fellow tar heel.

I'm only a tar-heel by definition of living here though, though I am a UNC fan! (in fact wearing their shirt right now..) :) From the UK originally... Can't say I've been to Erwin, though I've passed through Dunn once or twice. I go to Smithfield a few times a year for the outlet mall..

Bok :thumbs:

p.s. Scoofy, nope - no idea

Bullet2urBrain
05-24-2006, 02:43 PM
29.6 days.....

petercintn
05-24-2006, 02:43 PM
You know, I don't know what a tar heel is. I guess it's a heel that you can't get rid of. Hehehe. But a Hoosier is a great bb fan at least!

BTW you ain't missed much in Erwin, all it was was a cotton mill town and it shut down and we all moved away.

rshepard
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Tar Heel:

The origin of North Carolina's nickname is grounded, at least in part, in one of the state's major products during the Colonial Era -- tar. The tar was made by slowly burning the wood of longleaf pine trees. One legend attributes the name to the laborers who walked out of the woods with the sticky black substance on their shoes. Other stories go back to the Revolutionary War, when North Carolina soldiers continued marching after wading through a river coated with the viscous liquid.

We like the explanation on the state's official web site for its colorful and imaginative dialog. It traces the nickname's source to the Civil War. Retreating soldiers left a column of North Carolinians to battle the enemy alone. Later, the North Carolinians met the fleeing troops and told them for the next battle we'll put tar on your heels to make them stick. Gen. Robert E. Lee, on hearing the story, reportedly exclaimed, "God bless the Tar Heel boys."

Hoosier:

In colonial America, the terms cracker and hoosier were widely used to refer to white farmers who did not own slaves or large plantations. Because the best agricultural land, the flat land near the rivers and seacoast, was generally used for growing cash crops in large plantations, small farms--usually in the hills and mountains--were identified with subsistence farming, and these farmers were poor and usually uneducated. Therefore, these terms had a derogatory connotation. Linguistic maps of the southern states indicate that cracker was used more often in the coastal areas of Virginia and North Carolina and in South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. Hoosier was predominant in the mountains of Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina(1).

The southern half of Indiana, along the Ohio River, was settled first, along with Kentucky and Tennessee, and the earliest settlers came largely from the Appalachian region--Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina. By the early 1800s "hoosier" was widely used in Indiana to refer to poor farmers or ignorant, rustic people in general.

The first newspaper usage of "hoosier" to refer to people from Indiana in general was in 1832. As sometimes happens, a nickname that originally had a negative connotation was adopted and used with pride by the bearers of the name. By the time of the American Civil War (1861-1865), this nickname was firmly established. During the war, men from all parts of the United States came into close contact and relied on these nicknames to identify each other. Some examples: Indiana = Hoosiers, Maine = Foxes, Delaware = Muskrats, Ohio = Buckeyes, Wisconsin = Badgers, Iowa = Hawkeyes, New York = Knickerbockers.

(OK, so I was bored enough to dig up explanations - slow day at the office :sleepy: )

petercintn
05-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Good work rshepard,

I knew the last one about Gen. Lee for us tar heels, but I wanted to be funny. But you got me, a hoosier is a cracker! lmao! No offense to you hoosiers out there, I know you are fine people but that's funny.

and wow! over 2 grand today, you must have a farm or a super cpu I haven't heard of. For me just starting that's amazing!

LAURENU2
05-24-2006, 10:21 PM
OK just got back from microcenter with the fixings for 2 more 3800 X2 nodes
I will have 1 new node online tonight and maybe the other one tomorrow
Looks like it will be 12K Not 10K as I stated above:cry:
Darn out of parts Again well I have 4 =X2's running now and only 76 more to build:bang: With luck I might get a new node online every day or two

Haltech
05-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Keep it up Lauren! :hifi:

LAURENU2
05-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Keep it up Lauren! :hifi:
Oh Joy I found a sale on 3800 X2's I will pick up more to day and bring them online:thumbs:

Does anyone know of any Data centers like PY,s That are for rent?
Renting would be faster then buying and building. It would need to be 250 to 300 Hz.

Thor
05-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Sun's Grid Computing? (http://www.sun.com/service/sungrid/) 1$ per CPU hour I think...
But I don't know if you can distribute the Rosetta client on the grid and how you would do that...

Keep it up Lauren2! :thumbs:

Florian

Bullet2urBrain
05-25-2006, 09:46 AM
21.49 days...

LAURENU2
05-25-2006, 10:12 AM
21.49 days...
Back to the same amount of days that you started with at the start of this month:umm: Didn't we do this before Calling Dr Who Calling Dr Who

Outstanding Come Back XS I did not think you had it in you :cry:
But I for one WILL do my best to hold you back

ex2cib
05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Back to the same amount of days that you started with at the start of this month:umm: Didn't we do this before Calling Dr Who Calling Dr Who

that mass email seemed to have paid off for us

check out our milestones for the past few days

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=rah&team=XtremeSystems

most are <500

moddolicous
05-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Man your an animal lauren. How much longer can you keep that up?? Remember, check around our forums for some OCing tips. We want a good fight.

Bullet2urBrain
05-25-2006, 12:14 PM

and for that buddy i will :hifi::rock: :clap: :clap:

LAURENU2
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
that mass email seemed to have paid off for us

check out our milestones for the past few days

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=rah&team=XtremeSystems

most are <500
OK Bok copy that spam mail you got but change all the links to Free-DC and send it out to all the members on the forum:rotfl: :thumbs: :rotfl:

LAURENU2
05-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Man your an animal lauren. How much longer can you keep that up?? Remember, check around our forums for some OCing tips. We want a good fight.
Not shure how much more I can squezz in here I have all ready 30% more powerthen I had 10 days ago. :beep: I am looking to rent my next door garage Or a datacenter I will see how it unfolds
Calling Dr Who

cMw
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
wonder what our score for today was.. :dunno: :dunno:

jmag034
05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
just checked out the scores today, XS 543k wow

LAURENU2
05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
wonder what our score for today was.. :dunno: :dunno:
Lauren grabs cMw little hand and leads him to the stat page
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=rah
see you can learn to do this for your self

The stats are out of Wacke seems every body got a day and 1/3 for there totals try again tomorrow
But remember cMw your a big boy now you can fine the totals yourself

ddtung
05-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Not shure how much more I can squezz in here I have all ready 30% more powerthen I had 10 days ago. :beep: I am looking to rent my next door garage Or a datacenter I will see how it unfolds
Calling Dr Who

Lauren why go through all the trouble? Just send me the money and I'll stop crunching for a while and take a vacation.:)

LAURENU2
05-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Lauren why go through all the trouble? Just send me the money and I'll stop crunching for a while and take a vacation.:)

OK what is your price per day :smoking:

Bullet2urBrain
05-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Thats a heck of a deal Lauren2, send me 12k and you can ban me from XS,FDC and everywhere and i'll send you all my machines and stop crunching :D

ladypcer
05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
OK what is your price per day :smoking:

I think it's (dr. evil voice here) 1 Billion dollars... per day. :Pokes:

LAURENU2
05-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Thats a heck of a deal Lauren2, send me 12k and you can ban me from XS,FDC and everywhere and i'll send you all my machines and stop crunching :D
:umm: Are there any more takers for the 30 pieces of gold

ddtung
05-26-2006, 09:10 PM
:umm: Are there any more takers for the 30 pieces of gold

Nice offer Lauren. But I'm afraid it's too little too late.:)

LAURENU2
05-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Nice offer Lauren. But I'm afraid it's too little too late.:)

You and B2B made the offer I just tried to get you to comit to a price per day
Was it $1 per 2 Ghz per day?

B2B deal was 12 K and we could ban him from XS,FDC and everywhere and he would send me all his machines and stop crunching 30 pieces of gold does = $12,000

ladypcer pipe dream was that you were worth 1 Billion dollars... per day:rotfl:

ladypcer
05-27-2006, 04:55 AM
ladypcer pipe dream was that you were worth 1 Billion dollars... per day:rotfl:

Silly Lauren, I was referring to DDTung. :rotfl:

riptide
05-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I reckon 6 days at this stage. FDC stats have a long 'tail'. Now where did I put that bottle of Dom Perignon. Sure I'll save a glass for you LaurenU2 :cheers:

LAURENU2
05-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I reckon 6 days at this stage. FDC stats have a long 'tail'. Now where did I put that bottle of Dom Perignon. Sure I'll save a glass for you LaurenU2 :cheers:

Well good I will need it after all the hard work I did trying to hold back a hungry team 3X our size

But untill then I will
fight

fight

fight

riptide
05-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Lauren.. your efforts are admirable.. and there are others... ronbo.. pyy...condor.... I've seen your stats rise... and it gives me great joy that there are people like you and the above listed... that will react and do your thing and fight... and there will always be that glass... and if you're good... a bottle of not Dom Perignon... but Kristal.... (girlsfriend about to kill me for spending... ouch :looney: ) on the ice for you guys and guys like you...! I salute you... for I am but a poor crucher myself only in the game for 2 months.. but you mark my name... it'll will be revered in times to come!!!

EDIT: Damn the spelling... I'm drunk... its Saturday and its Ireland here!

Hassan
05-27-2006, 05:20 PM
but you mark my name... it'll will be revered in times to come!!!

EDIT: I'm drunk...

You sound drunk :looney:

riptide
05-27-2006, 10:41 PM
You sound drunk :looney:
Blaaaaa.. Well i've had a nice sleep now... oowwww the hangover... :rotfl:

Bullet2urBrain
05-29-2006, 09:59 PM
hey man 30 pieces of gold is 12k and i'll be gone, C ya later no regrets left behind.

I'll 2nd the drunk Riptide post.

and further more.. 4.47 days.

FDC your back is to the wall, i'm very curious to know what you guys (gals) can pull out of the woodwork.

Buena Suerte. Good Luck

LAURENU2
05-29-2006, 11:43 PM
hey man 30 pieces of gold is 12k and i'll be gone, C ya later no regrets left behind.

I'll 2nd the drunk Riptide post.

and further more.. 4.47 days.

FDC your back is to the wall, i'm very curious to know what you guys (gals) can pull out of the woodwork.

Buena Suerte. Good Luck
You would Really sell out your them for money:swear: bad Bullet2urBrain bad Bullet2urBrain:whip:

Bullet2urBrain
05-30-2006, 11:29 AM
ima bad man, baseball bat in your brain like bam bam ask me if i give a d**n

o wait thats a lyric.

anyway, yes i would, so that way i can graduate college and whence i become an Elec. Engineer, i will design my own low voltage high processing farm and Stomp all over Free-DC in as many projects as possible.

now besides all that.

Lauren: wheres the DPAD firepower at? i see 0's and i dont like 0's

PY 222
05-30-2006, 02:18 PM
You guys are really ripping it up in this project. Your dailies are crazy.

Keep it up mate :thumbs: :thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Lauren: wheres the DPAD firepower at? i see 0's and i dont like 0's:lmao:
I put every Ghz I had to Rosetta to help hold bad the hungry hoard
But trying to beat 3+ to 1 members returning work is almost imposable

Bullet2urBrain
05-30-2006, 06:28 PM
:lmao:
I put every Ghz I had to Rosetta to help hold bad the hungry hoard
But trying to beat 3+ to 1 members returning work is almost imposable

its not that hard. just ask the cows as we stomped them out with 3 or even closer to 4 to 1 members.

in both d2ol and R@H. :lmao:

But if anyone OTHER THAN US could do it. it most certainly would be you guys.

Keep up the great work.

Hey: PY, Lauren: i know of this great DC Team with lots of members and huge amounts of firepower, and they are #1 in a couple projects with a couple more on the horizon, Wanna Join :o

riptide
05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Tut tut, Bullet! Shameful trying to poach members like that. Free-DC would never do that. BTW, i wonder how MAOJC keeping lately :rotfl: :lmao:

EDIT: PY if you do come over... bring the fridge!!!:thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 06:44 PM
you are wrong on the numbers you stated you were not more then 2 to 1
I was refering to members returnubg work not total signed up
Free-DC =====Users Returning Work : 52/126 (41.27%)
XS =========Users Returning Work : 165/348 (47.41%)
DPC=========Users Returning Work : 299/924 (32.36%)

moddolicous
05-30-2006, 07:12 PM
I think he meant back in the days during the DPC stampede, they had ~400 members returning work to our 100 or so back then.

riptide
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I think he meant back in the days during the DPC stampede, they had ~400 members returning work to our 100 or so back then.
I also disticnly remember that the Cows breached the 1000 mark with members during the shampede. And do those numbers Lauren take into account sub-teams?

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 07:20 PM
And back then your team was loseing ground it was not untill you had 137 members returning work to DPC 325 that it evened out or you gained a little
True!

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I also disticnly remember that the Cows breached the 1000 mark with members during the shampede. And do those numbers Lauren take into account sub-teams?
Well if the subteams are listed in the Free-DC =DPC stat page yes

Bullet2urBrain
05-30-2006, 07:46 PM
And back then your team was loseing ground it was not untill you had 137 members returning work to DPC 325 that it evened out or you gained a little
True!

we handily beat them at that point.

but yes that is what i was referring to, the days of their stampede.

So Lauren when will I see your name amongst the XS Roster.

ya know we have a Fridge too, i can tell that is where your hesitation to join comes from.

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 08:33 PM
we handily beat them at that point.

but yes that is what i was referring to, the days of their stampede.

So Lauren when will I see your name amongst the XS Roster.

ya know we have a Fridge too, i can tell that is where your hesitation to join comes from.
Never I do want to get unwanted e-mails :swear: Thats is also why I do not go to your forum
But the #1 reason Free-DC has the BEST people in the world in it
You even said you envy us and I guess that is you you are here so much:clap:

Bok
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Getting out of hand guys. We don't try to solicit members on your boards - don't do it on ours...

Bok

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Getting out of hand guys. We don't try to solicit members on your boards - don't do it on ours...

Bok
Yep I agree not kosher

PY 222
05-30-2006, 10:06 PM

:rotfl:

I can't. I bolted that fridge down tight because I was afraid of the boys in here getting rowdy and carting the fridge away.

The fridge stays and I think I will stay here as well. I like it here alot. :banana:

LAURENU2
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Here to tease you on your own forum team XS ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) by PY 222 with your last post it made 222 replys to this thread.

PY 222 Did you plan to post the 222 reply to this thread?

Bullet2urBrain
05-30-2006, 11:14 PM
im just hanging out cuz i cant get away from your sense of humor Lauren, and PY222 knows how to stack a fridge the right way.

ex2cib
05-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Never I do want to get unwanted e-mails :swear: Thats is also why I do not go to your forum
But the #1 reason Free-DC has the BEST people in the world in it
You even said you envy us and I guess that is you you are here so much:clap:

well lauren, we both rely on each other

if we need help with DC projects, we come over to your place
and if you should ever need help with anything OC related or want to know what to buy next, you come over to our place

:hifi:

330k with only 57 members returning is still a lot of work, though i still think you guys can do 400k at least:thumbs:

LAURENU2
05-31-2006, 12:31 AM
330k with only 57 members returning is still a lot of work, though i still think you guys can do 400k at least

Yes I am sure we could but we thought your team could use a taste of being #1 for a bit and might inspire you to do better in the future then you have done in the past:rotfl:

yep points per person we beat you hands down

Free-DC Points per user yesterday : 5,743:hifi:
XS====Points per user yesterday : 3,143:lmao:
DPC===Points per user yesterday : 776:Pokes: wake up

Absolute0
05-31-2006, 02:14 AM
What about points per machine? :)

MAOJC
05-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Tut tut, Bullet! Shameful trying to poach members like that. Free-DC would never do that. BTW, i wonder how MAOJC keeping lately :rotfl: :lmao:

I am doing just fine with about 20K a day on Rosetta thank you. I have a few more cores to bring online if that %*&% job would leave me alone! ;)

LAURENU2
05-31-2006, 09:29 AM
What about points per machine? :)
I do not know about points per machine.
But there has been a lot of Crying and name calling over in the Rosetta forum about people getting more points then they should for the same work done, and hiding there PC's under Anonymous. Makes people feel they are cheating:swear:
:umm: I Hope you and your team are not part of this group

DragonOrta
05-31-2006, 09:48 AM
I know for one that The_Machine does not have their machines hidden.
Everyone at XS wants this to be a fair fight, especially with the good folks here, and especially after D2ol. There is no way that we would want our integrity in the DC community to be questioned.

ex2cib
05-31-2006, 12:18 PM
then again, when talking about XSTM, only about 30 of our machines actually produce anything, the rest are dead or inactive

Bullet2urBrain
05-31-2006, 01:35 PM
I do not know about points per machine.
But there has been a lot of Crying and name calling over in the Rosetta forum about people getting more points then they should for the same work done, and hiding there PC's under Anonymous. Makes people feel they are cheating:swear:
:umm: I Hope you and your team are not part of this group

I too saw this.. makes me kinda curious as to who the certain people are pointing fingers at.

oh yeah,

2.03 days.

Bok
05-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Hopefully we'll find out when they point to the machines over there. /shrug, mine aren't private :)

Of the top ones, it's pretty obvious all those xeons are way inflated, nothing else springs out to me though, knowing what the optimized clients can do..

Bko

Jkusuda
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!

Switching machines over now. Not sure if it will help but anything to help the team!!

:cheers:

LAURENU2
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!

Switching machines over now. Not sure if it will help but anything to help the team!!

:cheers:
We would need a Fleet of 300 to stop XS with only 2 days left till we default to 2nd Place
But welcome aboard :thumbs:

Jkusuda
05-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Well,

9 machines with 13 cores switched over. Will switch more over as I get some time.

LAURENU2
05-31-2006, 09:33 PM
:thumbs: Grate every Ghz is needed:thumbs: And As other Free-DC members join in the numbers might start to even out:rock: :Pokes:

Bullet2urBrain
05-31-2006, 09:46 PM
:thumbs: Grate every Ghz is needed:thumbs: And As other Free-DC members join in the numbers might start to even out:rock: :Pokes:

I knew you guys had tricks up your sleeves :D

More points for you guys during CASP tho is always beneficial.

Welcome aboard JKusuda, even tho im not on your team.

mmm 1.31 days

Thermodyne
05-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey, is this where the party will be tomorrow night? :bonk: Or do you guys have a party crasher up your sleeves?:bang:

riptide
06-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Hey, is this where the party will be tomorrow night? :bonk: Or do you guys have a party crasher up your sleeves?:bang:
Yep... I'm heading up a crack team of XS l33t fridge stormers (with bolt cutters) to rob the fridge! :thumbs: PY222 very funny about rowdy preople and the fridge. And we ain't really trying to poach anyone. I only want the beers!:looney: T minus 1 day!

Thor
06-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I wish I had acccess to the machines at university which are idle most of the day or do simple office stuff (I know at least 60 boxen with 3Ghz P4s)..

Unfortunatly a friend of mine isn't allowed to use office machines anymore (some may remember schluppy from the DF days)

So I have no tricks in the bag...maybe someone else:confused:

Florian

PY 222
06-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Well,

9 machines with 13 cores switched over. Will switch more over as I get some time.

Welcome to the party Jkusuda.

We'll need all the help we can get. :thumbs:

gopher_yarrowzoo
06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
riptide ya is gonna have to get past to get the fridge dude..:fight: :machgun: :saber: :sniper: I can use 'em all..
team standby to defend the fridge!
:fridge: is ours, so suggest mitts off!
* hands lauren new code *
It's bug fixed and updated ;)
I'll work on trying to get a node or 2 online, no idea where, damn it I think I need to upgrade, I think my XP's are getting long in the tooth..
erm wait whats this.....
"experimental EMP missle MK. VI" hmm oh it comes in it's own handy launcher with gps guidance... hmm taps ah it works... now where to point it..
hmmm........
target selected..
target gps locked, enabling tracking...
ignition sequence started....
5....4....3....2....1....launch.....
:smoking: ......
to be continued?

*evil, evil laugh*

Thermodyne
06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
riptide ya is gonna have to get past to get the fridge dude..:fight: :machgun: :saber: :sniper: I can use 'em all..
I'll work on trying to get a node or 2 online, no idea where, damn it I think I need to upgrade, I think my XP's are getting long in the tooth..
erm wait whats this.....
"experimental EMP missle MK. VI" hmm oh it comes in it's own handy launcher with gps guidance... hmm taps ah it works... now where to point it..
hmmm........
target selected..
to be continued?

*evil, evil laugh*

No Problem. We’ll bring our own beer and pizza. I just ordered two dozen pizzas and ten cases of extra stout and told them to deliver them to Laurenu2’s place for tonight. Hey Laurenu2? You don’t mind covering the tab till I get there do you? Looks like we’ll get started around midnight.

LAURENU2
06-01-2006, 06:35 PM
No Problem. We’ll bring our own beer and pizza. I just ordered two dozen pizzas and ten cases of extra stout and told them to deliver them to Laurenu2’s place for tonight. Hey Laurenu2? You don’t mind covering the tab till I get there do you? Looks like we’ll get started around midnight.
If I had the room to hold the party your team would have been tosted

Bullet2urBrain
06-01-2006, 06:37 PM

So whats everyone drinking, whether it be to drown out the sorrow of 2nd or to toast to 1st?

im going to drink some Corona Extra, cuz im out of Sam Adams Boston Lager and Natural Light

*I'm a poor college student*

LAURENU2
06-01-2006, 06:46 PM
erm wait whats this.....
hmmm........
target selected..
to be continued?

*evil, evil laugh*
INSTALLING
Please wait INSTALLING
INSTALLING
INSTALLING
http://users.ameritech.net/laurenu2/SETUPZ.GIF
Oh no I feel dizzy:looney:

Bok
06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
So whats everyone drinking, whether it be to drown out the sorrow of 2nd or to toast to 1st?

im going to drink some Corona Extra, cuz im out of Sam Adams Boston Lager and Natural Light

*I'm a poor college student*

Drinking a couple of IceHouse right now, got some nice Ferrari Carano Cabernet to go with my meal, hopefully, whilst I watch the Canes steamroller the Sabres in game 7... :) If they win, perhaps I'll even open a bottle of Kristal :looney:

Bok

Thermodyne
06-01-2006, 09:08 PM

We could all say that to some extent. With me its power, if I had free electricity I'd be in crunching heaven.