PDA

View Full Version : Time to crank it up?

meep
05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
XS will be overtaking in about 30 days... think its time to get on it everyone :)

PY 222
05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
XS will be overtaking in about 30 days... think its time to get on it everyone :)

I already have all my Windows machines on this but without any instances of VMs yet.

Lets bring it people. :thumbs:

Bullet2urBrain
05-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I already have all my Windows machines on this but without any instances of VMs yet.

Lets bring it people. :thumbs:

I'd expect Nothing less from Free-DC.

Bring what you got, we're down for a challenge.

riptide
06-04-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd expect Nothing less from Free-DC.

Bring what you got, we're down for a challenge.
We sure are! It'll be interesting how both teams handle DIMES and Rosey together.

moddolicous
06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Hmm, if I remember, elf set up a smoothwall jsut so that he can run sun vm's. What happened to his crazy output? BTW, I think Jeff is scaling down:cry:

IronBits
06-05-2006, 09:15 PM
How long does the internet need to be mapped?
elf had ~150 VMs running at one time and then got bored ;)
Takes ~15% processing power away from Rosetta when running ~16-20 VMs on a Dual core.

Shish
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi guys, first treatment in the hyperbaric tank today and I`m still high on oxygen. Recommend it over any designer drugs :)
I`ve stooped the service instal and gone back to the normal one as for some reason, it was holding the results in a file and not submitting. Uninstalling lost a lot of results apparently and took several minutes for the files to be deleted, bad mistake. Plus I was distracted by something else here whi;le it was going on and the gap over the isp with using UVNC to home......
Just a thought. I`ve had time to study whats going on while the clients are up and the VMs, tho` set to use only 72Mb are still using up mor5e than that somwhow and even with all my main macjine using ,600Mb, after a while, I run into using virtual with only 3 vms running on 1Gb main mem.
2 other things, I wait till theure up and then go into task amnager and rt click on the Vuirtual app and set it to idle priority and set Rosetta to normal. Has stopped rosey dumping out of one provcess on a 2 process macjine when memory gets tight and has also stopped a bit of disk thrashing on my raid5s.
I also notice that all the vms on XP instead of Win2K are double the results altho` xp needs more basic memory (at least 98Mb far as I can see but running less vms and running them on XP instead of 2K has bumpede my results up a bit. Lucky I `ve got the licenses spare tho` and may not be possible for all.
Anyway YMMV...hands buggered got to pack ion, catch you later and kleep up the fight against the Machione.
As usual , sorry bout the typing.:rotfl:

thewildblue
06-28-2006, 09:30 AM
We XS have just passed you guys today. Its taken a while but we have managed it in under a year. :rock:

IronBits
06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Good job! :clap:

Haltech
07-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Its always fun competing in projects with you guys! Alot of other teams arent so friendly! :cheers:

LAURENU2
07-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Its always fun competing in projects with you guys! Alot of other teams arent so friendly! :cheers:
OK See if You can Say that After our Hit Men Blow up Your House :jester: J/J
Good teamwork guys/gals :thumbs: :cheers: You have a Grate team going there:thumbs: