PDA

View Full Version : Furbie you there?

Jkusuda
05-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Switching a bunch of machines over to Rosetta...why don't you come over and join the fun?

:cheers:

furballexpress
06-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Heck, I'm just finishing up here. Wanted to make at least 1 mil before possibly turning the attention elsewhere...I'll let ya know.

Perhaps I will see you on Rosetta... :rock:

jasong
06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
I guess if Furball gets to be from Bumpass, VA, I guess it's okay for a #1 scenic spot in Arkansas to be called Booger Holler. Also, we have a fair here around the beginning of May called Toad Suck Daze.:lmao:

edit: paragraph deleted so nobody thinks I'm a spammer. :)

Jkusuda
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Back to WCG for now.

Are you running on BOINC? I'm testing out an optimized client to see if my scores go up at all. I'm pretty sure they will and it should let me pass 30k a day.

furballexpress
07-28-2006, 11:01 PM
jkusuda -

Optimized, you say? WCG/Windows or BOINC/nix? I have both running.

Sorry I'm so lame/late in responding...busy!

jasong -

This is Bumpass, VA (http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Bumpass,+VA). It's a bit north of where we used to live...I'm in Western Richmond now, about 20 miles east...which sucks, because my job moved west after we came to Richmond. Go figure, eh?

Anyway, let me know on the client, jkusuda.

Jkusuda
07-29-2006, 12:30 PM
furbie,

WCG adjusts scores on the BOINC client so that optimizations don't work as in Rosetta@Home. I have noticed quite a jump in production though when I switched all my clients to BOINC. The one client that is still on the WCG client is underproducing a matching machine on the BOINC client pretty significantly. My scores have jumped up at least 30% with no additional borgage.

Hope this helps,

:cheers:

furballexpress
08-05-2006, 12:51 PM
jkusuda -

Excellent!

I was thinking of switching to all BOINC anyway. I noticed this morning the WCG client went south and could not get WUs. More in a bit...