PDA

View Full Version : Free-DC Mercenaries goes to RieselSieve Project

em99010pepe
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi all,

I'm preparing an account for Free-DC Mercenaries at RieselSieve Project.
My output will drop but the Free-DC Mercenaries one will raise. :thumbs:

Next step will be merging two accounts into Free-DC Mercenaries one, in progress next week, and then, conquer the Sieve World Number One!!!!
As soon as possible I will make a tutorial explaining how to run the client.

Carlos

em99010pepe
06-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Free-DC Mercenaries is already in the riesel stats not in Bok's one.
Now it is possible to submit the factors under the Free-DC Mercenaries nick. To the usual crunchers you just have to:

1º - If you use rieselator just go to rieselator.ini and change your "Username" to "Username=Free-DC Mercenaries"

2º - If you use the submit page (http://www.rieselsieve.com/sieve/) just use Free-DC Mercenaries username.

Carlos

em99010pepe
06-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Since yesterday that Free-DC Mercenaries is in Bok's stats. :|party|:

Carlos

em99010pepe
06-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Since yesterday that Free-DC Mercenaries is in Bok's stats. :|party|:

Carlos

And also my account was merged into Free-DC Mercenaries account. :banana: :banana:
Thanks Bryan!!!

Carlos

em99010pepe
04-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Someone (jo********) is helping Free-DC Mercenaries on sieving. Just a little hint. Please use Geoff's client:

http://geocities.com/g_w_reynolds/sr2sieve/

Any doubts please send me a PM.

Carlos

jokern3000
04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
That is the one i am using, but thanks for making sure I am using the most efficient one. I do have one question though. Do you know how to manually remove a k. I found one pair sieving, but it was for the prime that was just found. I don't know if I should try to remove from dat or wait for new dat. How ever small the speed increase would be, I would welcome it.
Jokern3000 (Jo********)

em99010pepe
05-01-2007, 04:49 AM
That is the one i am using, but thanks for making sure I am using the most efficient one. I do have one question though. Do you know how to manually remove a k. I found one pair sieving, but it was for the prime that was just found. I don't know if I should try to remove from dat or wait for new dat. How ever small the speed increase would be, I would welcome it.
Jokern3000 (Jo********)

First thanks for giving the credits to Free-DC Mercenaries.
I know how to remove a k with sr2sieve but my doubt has to be with the format of the dat file. Usually the sr2sieve client uses a txt as a dat sieve file and to remove a k I simple ran:

sr2sieve -d k

Hope that helps but it's better to wait for the new dat file.

Carlos

EDIT: Give me a few hours until I get an answer from a friend.

Petey
05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Woot!

The new DAT file is now available at http://www.rieselsieve.com/dload.php

The whole site seems a little slow at the moment - guess everyone is downloading the new DAT :)

Petey

jokern3000
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Thank you both for your help. I will just use the dat since it is available now. As for the credit, your welcome Carlos. I am doing one 17 or bust work unit, but when I am done, I am planing to go back to sieving until the mercenaries are at least 100 million points.
Jokern3000

em99010pepe
05-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Jokern3000,

Thanks and YGPM.

Carlos