PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade LLR time for sieving time. Interested?

jasong
06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a dual-core 2.8GHz Pentium-D, and I'm looking for someone with an AMD to trade time with. If you can manage an overall throughput of more than 250 kp/s, I'm interested in trading time with you.

Btw, I won't be able to actually start until about Wednesday or Thursday. I got my computer in the mail today, but if I try to set everything up myself, my dad will hit the roof. And my dad won't get home until Monday night, so Tuesday to set up the new furniture, and Wednesday to do the actual computer.

em99010pepe
06-03-2006, 06:45 AM
I have a dual-core 2.8GHz Pentium-D, and I'm looking for someone with an AMD to trade time with. If you can manage an overall throughput of more than 250 kp/s, I'm interested in trading time with you.

Btw, I won't be able to actually start until about Wednesday or Thursday. I got my computer in the mail today, but if I try to set everything up myself, my dad will hit the roof. And my dad won't get home until Monday night, so Tuesday to set up the new furniture, and Wednesday to do the actual computer.

Change your Intel Dual-Core for one AMD Dual-Core!
Why don't you put it to sieve? Maefly is maintaining our lead in LLR so we could use your help on sieving even if your processor isn't the right one to sieve. Please think about it.

Cheers,

Carlos

jasong
06-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Change your Intel Dual-Core for one AMD Dual-Core!
Why don't you put it to sieve? Maefly is maintaining our lead in LLR so we could use your help on sieving even if your processor isn't the right one to sieve. Please think about it.

Cheers,

Carlos
When I get my computer up and running(it's still in the box, atm) I'll do a couple billion and see how that goes. that won't be until about Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Stay tuned. :)

jasong
06-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Update:There's a dude(I think it's a dude, it's a math project, so I think that's a safe guess) on Riesel Sieve with a single-core AMD64 who's willing to trade sieving time for LLR time on Seventeen or Bust, and I think we'll get to keep both in Free-DC(He said his SOB account isn't connected to a team, and he's willing to join Free-DC to get me to crunch for him.

Basically, I'm going to be running two projects on my computer when it's installed, SOB, as long as I still have the deal with the guy, and with the other processor I'm going to jump around the projects at Mersenne Forum.

Hopefully, I'll be back to DCing on Tuesday or Wednesday.:cheers:

jokern3000
06-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Hey, its the dude(good guess) you were talking about. Yeah, I'm going to sieve on Free-DC for awhile. I would just like to know a couple of things about the sieving. Is there a difference between sieving and trial factoring? Because if there isn't, I was wondering if there was a way to setup it up to do Riesel stuff on 64bit GIMPS since its so fast. Also, I was wonder what the good sievers are, Athlon64s or are AthlonXPs good also. And is it mainly clock speed or does cache make a big difference. The reason is, besides the computers I mentioned in the post on the riesel sieve forum, I have some AthlonXPs(I kind of got addicted to GIMPS). So if the XPs are almost as good as the 64s at the same clock, then I might take them off 17 or bust and start sieving with those too. So jasong, if you want me to sieve in your name on team Free-DC, let me know the ranges. In the mean time I am sieving under my name for team Free-DC. Also, I'm trying to fix a hardware problem. Awhile back I had a power outage. One of the single core Athlon64s had some corrupt work files when I tried to reboot it. So I reformated, but was to lazy to reinstall right way. When we started talking, I thought I better get on it. When I tried to reinstall. I was getting an error code 4. So it looked it up and people said it was probably a memory issue. Changed ram and it installed. But on the last reboot, where you finally get to windows, BSOD and I think it has to do with memory referencing(to fast to really see). So I look at the stick of ram that I took out and I notice that there is a broken capcitor. Its a surface mount and I couldn't read anything on it so I don't know the value. If anyone knows what the typical value for capactiors on DDR1 400MHz modules is, or what could be damaged on a motherboard if a computer is running with a ram module that is missing a capacitor, I would appreciate the information. I'm hoping not to have to buy another board, but we'll see.

em99010pepe
06-06-2006, 09:25 AM
jokern3000,

Here's my humble opinion, put all your AMD's to sieve.
Here some benchmarks for you, using the jjsieve client:

AMD 64 3000+ (2 GHz) - 156 kp/s
AMD 2200+ (1.8 GHz) - 119 kp/s

Download jjsieve client:
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=933&d=1145360192
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=936&d=1146170309

A Free-DC subteam is being prepared, it's called Free-DC Mercenaries. You can always dump your factors under that name. Free-DC Mercenaries is already in the stats but not yet associated to Free-DC team. Just waiting for Bryan to set up a few things.

If you want I have a few ranges available for Free-DC Mercenaries members:
154425-154525
154525-154625
154625-154725
154725-154825

Cheers,

Carlos

jokern3000
06-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Okay Pepe, I'll try them. Once I finish up some test that I've been running on the Athlon XPs I'll switch them over. I want to be mostly sieving for awhile, but want to keep one or two computers on things that they run pretty well. And thanks for the enthusiastic invite on the Riesel forum. You convinced me that I should join.

em99010pepe
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Okay Pepe, I'll try them. Once I finish up some test that I've been running on the Athlon XPs I'll switch them over. I want to be mostly sieving for awhile, but want to keep one or two computers on things that they run pretty well. And thanks for the enthusiastic invite on the Riesel forum. You convinced me that I should join.

I'm glad you decided to join Free-DC Team and help Free-DC Mercenaries.
A big battle is approaching and all help needed is welcome.

Carlos

EDIT: AMD's are better on sieving, trust me!