PDA

View Full Version : New Client!

CaptainMooseInc
06-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Apparently there has been a new client for DNET since 4/18/06. I didn't know this and DistributedComputing.info just posted something about it 6/1/06.

I updated and now my nodes/sec jumped by over 11 million/sec. :)

-Jeff

Darkness Productions
06-07-2006, 04:45 PM
What kind of machine made that jump?

CaptainMooseInc
06-07-2006, 05:15 PM
My dual Xeon rig.

Everyone said when I built it it seemed like it was running slow (only 29 million nodes/sec). I tried to get it running faster but it just wouldn't. Now with the new client I'm seeing an easy 10-14 million nodes/sec jump in speed. Maybe something just kicked in with the upgrade and made it all kosher.

Either way my daily output will jump now. :)

-Jeff

em99010pepe
06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
My dual Xeon rig.

Everyone said when I built it it seemed like it was running slow (only 29 million nodes/sec). I tried to get it running faster but it just wouldn't. Now with the new client I'm seeing an easy 10-14 million nodes/sec jump in speed. Maybe something just kicked in with the upgrade and made it all kosher.

Either way my daily output will jump now. :)

-Jeff

Jeff,

So you were using the old client.
By the way, that's the pre-release beta client that went to the official distributed.net client section. I really though you were using this one when we talked about your machine performance. :bang:

Carlos

CaptainMooseInc
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Nope. I was using the .11 version instead of .12

:-p

Now I see why you said my performance was quite low.

I intend on changing my AMD system over to the newer client for the RC5 project later today too. That also explains why my keys/sec on RC5 was LOWER than on the AMD. :-p

-Jeff