PDA

View Full Version : Changing Teams - Leaving Completed WU's

Gazoooo
01-04-2002, 08:54 PM
The decision to move from one team to another, especially one you have been involved with for a good deal of time, and the one that has taught you a tremendous volume concerning DC'ing, can be a very difficult undertaking.

If you choose to move to something fresh, (ie FreeDC) but wish to leave your crunched WU's with your First Love (ie ARS) what is involved in the process ?

I once founded a team with several friends, I probably crunshed 50 or so WU's with them, and then moved on to TLC. Well that was about 18000 WU's ago, but I remember that when I moved over my WU's came with me. If I was to leave TLC how would I go about leaving my WU's behind, as a momento so to speak.

Thanks;

"Once a dawg, always............"

GO YOU DOGGIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Clyne
01-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Here's the message you get from SETI when you join another team, while a member of another team.

"Join Team <who ever>
Please note before joining or switching to a new group:

If this is the first group you have ever joined then all of your current credit will be given to this group, in addition to all new credit you receive.
If you are currently a member of a group and are switching to another group, the new group will receive all of your new credit, but the old group will keep all of your old credit.
Joining a group does not affect your personal credit statistics in any way. "

I tried this when moving from TLC to Free-DC. I found that my details dissapeared from TLC and appeared on Free-DC:(

I just quit TLC and joined Free-DC. Not point leaving a momento if no one tell that you were ever there.:)

You could try it and see if it works for you. Maybe I did not leave it long enough for stats to be updated (waited just over 24hrs with no change).

Chas
01-05-2002, 06:36 AM
As far as i still understand and having moved my Seti allegiances a few times (i get bored easily) :D
The units you have crunched will always move to your new team....... the only way to keep them with your old team, is to start afresh with a new name, difficult when you have built up lots over the last couple of years :(

Richard Clyne
01-05-2002, 11:10 AM
I am unsure what you are saying is correct Chas. If you look at the Free-DC SETi stats the individual team member stats do not add up to anywhere near the team totals.

:confused:

Richard Clyne
01-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Sorry Chas, I stand corrected.

After a week of being way out of sync the team stats have decided to add up. even more :confused:

Kosmaj
01-05-2002, 11:26 PM
AFAIK
The following is not working:

If you are currently a member of a group and are switching to another group, the new group will receive all of your new credit, but the old group will keep all of your old credit.

When you move to another team your name and all your WUs disappear from the previous team. The only way to leave them there is to start from zero in the new team...

As for the team total score, it takes some time for update to take place, a week or so.