PDA

View Full Version : Oddities with Stats

Bok
08-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Let me know if you see any problems with the stats.

I've just finished converting over the rendering to use configuration information for each project from a database rather than files. I think it all looks ok, but there is a possibility I missed inserting a project, or set an option incorrectly.

It now allows for some greater flexibility and ease of adding new projects especially after some of the changes DP has done for me :)

Thanks DP!

Bok

KWSN Sir CADCAM
08-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi Bok

Take a look at individual team stats for Seventeen or Bust.
First, the stats have been very heavily rounded (e.g. what used to be 2.091P is showing as 2P)
Also, just below the top navigation bar, there is the following message:-

Select metric1,metric2,metric3,(metric1 - days1) as team_today, (days1 - days2) as team_d1, (days2 - days3) as team_d2, (metric1 - days7) as team_last7, (metric1 - days28) as team_last28, lastupdate, ((days1 - days8) / 7) as team_ave from sob_team where proj = 'sob' and team = 'The_Knights_Who_Say_Ni!'Select nick,team0,team1,metric1,metric2,metric3, teamrank0,teamrank1,projrank0,projrank1,name, days0,days1,days2,days3,days4,days7,days8,days28, lastupdate, (metric1 - days1) as d0, (days1 - days2) as d1, (days2 - days3) as d2, (metric1 - days7) as last7, (metric1 - days28) as last28, ((days1 - days8) / 7) as ave from sob_user where proj = 'sob' and team0 = 'The_Knights_Who_Say_Ni!' and active = 'Y' order by teamrank0 ASC limit 0,100rownum is 16

Bok
08-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks,

all fixed, hadn't altered the variable to use the decimal place one from the DB.. oops, I left in some debug :p

Bok

KWSN Sir CADCAM
08-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Project Dolphin appears to have added hundreds of teams and users.
Also, our team "The Knights Who Say Ni!" (plus some others) have lost all points.
Stats @ Project-Dolphin appear OK.

Bok
08-11-2006, 07:40 PM
hmm,

that's nothing to do with my changes (didn't touch anything to do with data). I think DP has been adding some teams. I'll see what is going on..

Bok

rsmykla
08-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Just an observation here, that on individual userstats pages, some projects show data for Upcoming Threats/Conquests columns, and some don't, despite the clear presence of pending threats and conquests.

Examples:
Folding@home shows them, but no such luck with projects MJ-12, DIMES, and Red Library.

Is this worth implementing on these projects, or is this a bug that's gone unnoticed til now?

Thanks, as always.

Rick

Bok
08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Try clicking the 'all users' and/or 'no limit'. I limit it to conquests within the users particular team initially to save a hit on the server and also limit it to 100 days out.

Bok :cheers:

Bok
08-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Try clicking the 'all users' and/or 'no limit'. I limit it to conquests within the users particular team initially to save a hit on the server and also limit it to 100 days out.

It's something I was considering making an option with statstool, just that there doesn't seem to be much feedback for me making any kind of options within there, so I haven't made it a priority.
Bok :cheers:

rsmykla
08-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I limit it to conquests within the users particular team initially

Ah, good point. My folding team is big enough that I see them, the others aren't, or are in stable 'holding patterns'.

Thanks. :D

Ken_g6[TA]
08-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Predictor@Home's stats are a little odd:

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=pah

The first 38 teams are indexed 0, and named "2008±±¾©°ÂÔË ¸£ÍÞÆÚÅÎ", except for Net21_Austria. :looney: I think you might need to add 38 to a pointer somewhere...

Also, why is XtremLab/XtremeLab listed as an archived project?

Thanks!

Bok
09-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Fixed Predictor. Where is XtremeLab listed as Archive still???

FluffyChicken
09-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Just to get my sig to see if it is there that XtremLab is still an archive...

Bok
09-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Not anymore

Johnny Cool
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Greetings, Bok!

Somehow, our stats are not presently updating from our Team at WCG:

Free-DC Stats (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=wcg&team=Team+Andrax)

Here is our Team Andrax page at WCG:

here! (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=P0QW6DH9P1)

Edit: I see other Teams at WCG with the same problem. Perhaps it is ready to update.

Our Team's stats at UD is fine though (Andrax.Net). :thumbs:

Johnny Cool
09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Hmmm, Free DC stats still not working correctly.

Bok
09-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't say Free-DC stats not working correctly. The main problems I have are just with UD and WCG and it's because there are no quick ways of pulling the data from them. The only thing I can do is to pull each webpage (which might be >1 for a team) and parse like that. Very often, WCG and/or UD times out whilst doing this, perhaps even in the 3rd/4th page of a team.

This is very difficult to do anything about unless they provided some form of stats in a text/csv/xml form like almost every other project out there.

Only other improvement I can think of is to preparse each page first, and basically not continuing at all if I get a single timeout across all of the teams. However this may well mean that the stats are only updated once every 2 or 3 days if the timeouts got real bad...

Bok

Johnny Cool
09-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Bok, as of 12:52 Eastern Time, the Free-DC Stats are still not working.

Regards,

JC

Bok
09-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Did you read my previous post ???

Johnny Cool
09-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Did you read my previous post ???

Bok, yes I did. I was merely replying to your original post Let me know if you see any problems with the stats.

It seems as only a few Teams are having problems with the name of their team mates showing up:

MyOnlineTeam, Crunchers Inc., AMD Users, Arizona State University,Seychelles TEAM, and Team Andrax. I checked *all* the WCG Teams again.

I am merely letting you know this. Who know, it may be correct a tad later.

Cheers,

JC

FluffyChicken
09-03-2006, 11:42 AM
But bok was explaining why that was happening, if you know of, or could get WCG to give out stats data files (like BOINC and other projects do) you would get much more reliable stats.

Since the stats for everything else are working it is a WCG problem :-(

Johnny Cool
09-03-2006, 12:39 PM
But bok was explaining why that was happening, if you know of, or could get WCG to give out stats data files (like BOINC and other projects do) you would get much more reliable stats.

Since the stats for everything else are working it is a WCG problem :-(

FluffyChicken, I now understand. I should have read more closely. And yes, asking WCG some questions.

Last evening, everything worked for all Teams at WCG. :cheers:

Still, as you and Bok have stated, WCG needs to make those stats more accessible.

Adywebb
09-06-2006, 07:33 PM
There has been a reply by one of the Admins at WCG:

There are a few known issues here:

The stats pages don't time out. However, there is a bug that sometimes loses the team information when you click on a link like the one above. This is being addressed. The other thing is that the stats are unavailable during stats updates and certain maintenance work. As the stats runs take longer due to our expanding membership, some tools which are set to grab the stats as soon as the run is complete are failing simply because the statistics aren't worked out yet.

The good news is that the statistics system will be completely redesigned some time soon. In addition to making it faster and more efficient, the tireless WCG techs will add a proper export capability for WCG individual and team stats, similar to the BOINC system (but hopefully even better).

So, have patience and watch this space.
Looks like we will have to wait for the new system to be implimented...