PDA

View Full Version : Trouble uploading

Kris
07-07-2002, 09:52 PM
I have been running a dual athlon system without a monitor for awhile now and I can always tell if it's folding by touching the case, if it is hot, all is well. Or so I thought. I plugged in a monitor tonight for the first time in days and discovered from dfGUI that one client was performing as advertised, but the other was not uploading. There are dozens and dozens of .val.bz2 and protein.log.bz2 files in the directory corresponding to the errant client. When I start foldit.bat it tells me I am am having network trouble or using the wrong handle, wrong protein 908. Is there a way to upload this work? Maybe I should delete those files that are dated before the last casp update and the 908 error will discontinue. Any experience? Any advice? dfGUI told me initially that there were 67 uploads to make. I guess I will keep folding for now, awaiting advice from the gurus.

Thanks for thinking about this.:bang:

Brian the Fist
07-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Is your machine connected to the internet? It sounds like it didnt get auto-updated. Right now old proteins cannot be uploaded so its best to let it auto-update, or else manually install the update. If you ARE connected to the net, there may be a problem with your connection. Check error.log for error messages.

Kris
07-08-2002, 02:45 AM
I was diligent in my client/structure updates for this new protein, having learned my lesson two weeks ago. All are working on the 83aa structure. This is a dual system, each processor running a client on win2k, not as a service. One client sends fine and has negligible bz2 residue in it's directory, no more than any other machine, thus I concluded that internet connection was functional. No big deal, just hoping if it really was 67*5000 I could get them submitted. No point in doing your homework if you aren't going to turn it in...
I will put a fresh install on and see if that works, and pay closer attention in the future. Thanks.