PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an end to the project?

jasong
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
The topic is "Will there be an end to the project?", but the real question in my mind is,"Is the project getting diminishing returns, or are there still being experimental changes made?"

I know very little about the project, so before I possibly do research on how to run it, I want to know whether or not it's worthwhile.

Edit: Never mind. There will indeed be and end, and they are still accomplishing stuff. Unless the owner of the website is a liar, which I am NOT assuming. If you can't trust a scientist, who can you trust. ;)

I'll install the project around 12:30AM GMT, which is 7:30PM in Arkansas.

cheers.

edorajh
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Nexus
08-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Indeed. Welcome aboard.

Digital Parasite
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Well the guy runnning the project will eventually die so I guess one way or another the project will end at some point. :thumbs:

Nexus
08-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Apparently the accelerator is going to be built around about 2015, so that'll be the end of the project. If the thing is going to be built at all, which depends on how efficient and cost effective the design is. And that's where we come in.

:)

edorajh
08-20-2006, 05:22 AM
Here is what you can find in project's FAQ about how long DPAD might be run...

How long do you expect this project to run? There are many options to be evaluated and optimised for this part of the design - it is quite an active area of research, so I could see this program being run in various forms until 2008 or beyond. There may however be pauses while either I modify the code or I'm waiting for someone else to tell me about a new design option.

Link to project's FAQ...
http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/faq.php