PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope III v1.8.4 (Update)

TheWeatherMan
07-09-2002, 10:18 AM
What's New for version 1.8.4 (07/09/2002)

New Features:

Bug Fix: Single CPU view required EM to start twice.
Bug Fix: Local Path selection view display problem.
Bug Fix: GNRA hairpin now identified correctly in HTML stats.
New HTML stats field, Total Frame Time.

Few bug fixes this release. Adding the last view restore in version 1.8.3, caused EM to require a restart each time it was opened in order to display some window views properly. This is now fixed.

When you selected a local path in the options menu only the first selection in the list would show as selected when viewing again. This is now fixed, and I also moved the local path selection window to the first view window which should make it more obvious that it needs to be selected.

When creating HTML stats info, the GNRA hairpin was often not correctly identified. This is now fixed.

A HTML feature request for total time to complete a work unit has been answered. You can now select to show that field when creating the HTML stats page.

Please send all suggestions for things you might like EM to do. I can't promise I will add them all, but I will take every suggestion seriously.

I want to thank those that have noticed I added a "PayPal" donate button on the EM-DC web site. Every cent goes toward maintaining the web site and further enhancments to it and all the programs I provide to the DC community. I really appreciate your donations, you are a great bunch of people and I'm glad to be associated with all of you. :D

Get the latest version here: http://www.em-dc.com

http://www.em-dc.com/images/latestem.jpg

IronBits
07-09-2002, 10:32 AM
That is just so awesome! :D

TheWeatherMan
07-13-2002, 07:52 AM
I sure wish the Free-DC team was doing more Folding...
I noticed the original heavy hitters haven't produced anything since March. :(

Paratima
07-13-2002, 09:41 AM
TheWeatherMan:

We appreciate what you do, even though we only have a handful of people still active in F@H and G@H.

Let us invite you to take a look around at the projects where we ARE active. Look around this forum!

The biggest bunch of us are on Distributed Folding. The admins there pamper us by listening to our rants, fixing problems, and reporting on progress. They explain the science behind the project and even debate it with us!

In short, we've gotten used to feeling like we're an integral and well-appreciated part of the project. I can't recall ever having felt that way with Stanford. Maybe it's just a smaller project. Maybe that's what we like about it. :)

TheWeatherMan
07-13-2002, 10:18 AM
I understand. I do read other parts of this forum. ;)
It is difficult at times to deal with Stanford, ie the Pande group.
But, given they are a bunch of egg-heads and mainly interested in their work, their PR skills do suck at times. After the last ruckus I started they seem to be a little more available and ready to respond. I still like their project over the others, but it is sometimes trying to put up with the trickle-down info we get. I do think it has gotten better, especially since the new forum was put up. They do visit very frequently. So, at least they seem to be moving in the right direction. One can only hold out some hope. :D

Paratima
07-13-2002, 10:38 AM
A new forum? Point me at it, please. :cool:

IronBits
07-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Thanks Larry Perry! I can only imagine the hard work you have put into this wonderful Add-On.
:thumbs:

TheWeatherMan
07-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
A new forum? Point me at it, please. :cool:
You haven't been here: http://forum.folding-community.org/ ???
Been there a while. ;)

TheWeatherMan
07-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Thanks Larry Perry! I can only imagine the hard work you have put into this wonderful Add-On.
:thumbs: Thanks... with as many downloads as it gets every day from the web site, I'm just glad I don't have a limit on bandwidth. :D

Paratima
07-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by TheWeatherMan You haven't been here: http://forum.folding-community.org/ ???
Been there a while. ;) Nope. Haven't. Need to see what's goin' on. Thanks!