PDA

View Full Version : Same protein?

bubbadog
07-09-2002, 01:48 PM
:confused: Now, I realize that I'm a little slow, but is it just me or do we appear to be running the same protein again in smaller batches?

bubbadog
07-09-2002, 02:10 PM
OK, now this is odd...I do the update, it starts running the 83 residue structure again in batches of 2000, then when it tries to upload, I get a structure 908 incorrect protein error. (How's that for sentence structure? :D) Anyone else having his problem?

Bananeweizen
07-09-2002, 02:19 PM
I do have the same problem. But maybe we should just keep trying as there are already people in the stats.

Ciao, Michael.

PY 222
07-09-2002, 02:22 PM
I have exactly the same problem!

I have two computers running side by side while the protein was updating. One updated to a 163 protein where as the second computer updated to an 83 protein. Both upload intervals are at 2000.

Are we doing two proteins instead of one now or is the 83 protein useless?

Oh btw, hello everybody! :D

Ody
07-09-2002, 02:23 PM
you should be getting a 163 residue protein...if not then you have the wrong one. I think a lot of people are having problems getting the new protein downloaded :(

PY 222
07-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Dang.... now I get the 903 incorrect protein error message! Looks like I just wasted 2000 structures.

Brian, when are you going to start accepting old proteins?

Ah well, back to downloading a fresh copy of the file from the website.

Brian the Fist
07-09-2002, 02:43 PM
Please note updates are now hosted on our own server as opposed to Intel where it was before. We cannot handle the load of everybody trying to download updates all at once so please leave your machines alone and let them update when they finish a batch so it will be staggered. Until we get some mirror sites with large bandwidth established. The correct new protein is 163. If you still have the 83 it means your update was unsuccessful and you probably got cut off by the server because it is so busy. Please just be patient and let it try again by itself later when the downloading tide subsides.

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
07-09-2002, 03:19 PM
There are certain advantages to running a farm. I killed the service on all boxes, deleted the old install, downloaded 1 copy of the new update, installed it on all machines, then restarted the service. My farm is back up and running. 15 minutes from off to back on.

RipItUp
07-09-2002, 03:37 PM
I have 5 machines of which 3 have not managed to get the download and are stuck with a message saying they are downloading and please wait.

As I am across the Atlantic I bet I'm last in the queue and people with smaller pings than me are jumping in front !

:help:

And look ! KWSN_Millennium2001Guy has managed to get all his machines updated .. I'll never catch him at this rate.

Regards

Andy

stappel
07-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Brian the Fist
Please note updates are now hosted on our own server as opposed to Intel where it was before. We cannot handle the load of everybody trying to download updates all at once so please leave your machines alone and let them update when they finish a batch so it will be staggered. Until we get some mirror sites with large bandwidth established. The correct new protein is 163. If you still have the 83 it means your update was unsuccessful and you probably got cut off by the server because it is so busy. Please just be patient and let it try again by itself later when the downloading tide subsides.

is there any sight on when the server end will be changed so it will accept those "extra" structures from "old" clients after an update?

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
07-09-2002, 04:57 PM
Just stop the program on the machines that aren't working, copy the complete directory from a machine that is working, and then restart the program. This will work for you, and you won't need to download another copy.

dnar
07-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
There are certain advantages to running a farm. I killed the service on all boxes, deleted the old install, downloaded 1 copy of the new update, installed it on all machines, then restarted the service. My farm is back up and running. 15 minutes from off to back on.
Go on! Rub it in!

Signed,

Poor dial-up user. :(

PY 222
07-10-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
Just stop the program on the machines that aren't working, copy the complete directory from a machine that is working, and then restart the program. This will work for you, and you won't need to download another copy.

That was what I did for my work machines. Unfortunately my home computers did not fare that well. Only one client survived the ordeal and was happily chugging the 163 protein. Others died a horrible death.

I mourned for the time lost in protein production :cry: :cry: