PDA

View Full Version : A little confused...

CaptainMooseInc
09-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't know why but I can't see anyone else on my network anymore. It just sort of happened and I can't figure out why. Everyone else on my network (g/f and her brother) both can see my system and access the folders I have shared. Yet when I go into My Network it just shows folders I have shared.

I'm realllly confused at how this might've happened and wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

PCZ
09-07-2006, 12:35 PM
I assume you are all in the same workgroup.

Do the other PC's on your LAN have Windows firewall turned on ?
They might have without knowing it.

My network places, entire network, microsoft windows network.
See any Workgroups in there ?.
Is there more than one workgroup ?

try
\\ip of other PC\c$
you need an admin account to use this share.

CaptainMooseInc
09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
All the same workgroup, no one has any firewalls up. Everyone was able to see each other up until my internet was cut at the end of August. Now it's back on and no one can see anyone. I'm so confused.

LAURENU2
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Same thing happened to me Try rebooting your Router or adding to the Max amount of IP address allowed

CaptainMooseInc
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah I think 3 computers on a network shouldn't be too much. I'll restart the router once I get back from work tomorrow and get back with ya'll. :)

CaptainMooseInc
09-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Restarted the router. No good.

So I decided to make my bro-in-law restart his computer and that made everything all better!

gopher_yarrowzoo
09-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah I've had that happen a PC disappears from the network, yet I could remote admin to it and see the rest of the network took a few swift kicks to get it back on, darn Windows WEIRDNESS. Upgrading has made it worse:rotfl: