PDA

View Full Version : JJSieve Makes Me Cry

royanee
10-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Not in a happy way either. So, I finish up my range. Feeling all spiffy. Reserve a new range, a good chunk. Been running proth_sieve_sse2 because it's faster in my personal testing (there's a post on here somewhere that shows it, though that may have been an older version).

ANYWAY, proth_sieve is unhappy with the new start and end numbers. Complains about some silly boundary. Ok, alright, I'll join this century and *try* out the newer client (with it's Windows only binary).

Hmm, maybe WINE (WINE Is Not an Emulator) doesn't like the SSE2 version. So I try all the other versions...

Nothing. No output, no reaction at all.

/me sheds tears of sadness.

If you took the time to read this, you have time to make a Linux binary. I don't care if you statically link or not, hehe. I just want something that works. And it's not like I'm running libc.so.5, Debian sid (it's stable enough) ftw.

:bouncy:

royanee
10-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Nevermind, ignore my "ya'll broked it" leap using my home made Jump-to-Conclusions mat. There's no console output... silly me. Anyway, it's still slower than it could be (though WINE may have cut out more of the junk as they been doing some pretty nice development).

Show me the love. :banana:

Please. :)

vjs
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Show me the love.

:kiss:

Yes I have to admit I cry alittle about the client as well from time to time, but generally they are tears of joy when joe releases a new client.

:allhail:

royanee
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm a bit overdramatic when I have to use Wine, hehe. Until they make a WoW Linux client, I'll still be running it...

I'm hoping that the JJSieve client Linux port proves to be less difficult than expected. Then I will be...

:bouncy: :thumbs: :|party|: :) :banana: