PDA

View Full Version : somebody that runs ECCP as a service in W2K/XP

FoBoT
07-11-2002, 12:53 PM
help please
can you clarify the following from the .inf file

# Uncomment the follwoing line (i.e. remove the leading '#') if you have a
# permanent connection to the Internet and you are happy for it to be used
# to send distinguished points to the server.

CONNECTION=PERMANENT

# Replace hours, minutes and seconds below with numbers so that the string
#gives the interval between attempts to send points to the server. When an
#attempt is made to send points to the server several tries will be made
#but if these all fail, no further attempts will be made until the interval
#set here has elapsed.

SEND_INTERVAL=23:0:0

if i uncomment the "CONNECTION=PERMANENT" Line, does that over ride the "SEND_INTERVAL=" line?

what i did was uncomment both lines, expecting the box to send work every 23 hours, but when i checked the log file this morning, it has been sending out the DP's as soon as i found them, not storing them up to send at the 23 hour point

do i need to comment out the "CONNECTION=PERMANENT" line and leave the interval line at 23:0: to get this to work correctly?

thank you

alpha
07-11-2002, 02:59 PM
I would guess you just specify SEND_INTERVAL, which would assume you have a permanent connection (i.e. comment out CONNECTION=PERMANENT).

IronBits
07-11-2002, 07:53 PM
Can't help ya there FoBoT.
I was unable to get two ECCps running under windoze NT?
2nd instance would find the 1st one running and refused to load :(

Dr Nno
07-13-2002, 07:45 AM
IronBits: You can't run two instances of the Statsaholic GUI client. You must use a CLI, running from a different directory for it to work. Or you can use two CLI, installed as services with FireDaemon.

hayden
07-17-2002, 04:42 AM
FoBoT:

Also the service client is much slower than the optimized cli by statsaholic. I successfully deployed this cli to about 800 computers last week. I can get you copies of the batches I used, if you want.

alpha
07-17-2002, 06:15 AM
And the optimized clients by StatsAHolic are much slower than the Ken_g6 optimized client.