PDA

View Full Version : Individual team pages for all projects

Bok
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Started this a while ago as an offshoot of the development of the team dcr. Tidied it up a bit and added some features which I'll try to explain.. IT's very much like the users.php page just for teams rather than individuals

here (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams.php)

There is a dropdown to select which team you want so for instance for Free-DC it becomes

Free-DC stats (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams.php?team=Free-DC)

I'm displaying every project even if I don't have a team defined. If you hover or go to the link on the score is will show the name of the team I have. Sometimes there might not be a team=xxxx displayed but a number is there. This is due to the project having a null team, i.e. a team with a name of spaces. I could stop this but don't want to just yet...

The other thing I was trying to do with this is to allow people to let me know team names for various projects. It's a huge task for me to update my database with every team name for every project. So, I've written a short form which basically allows you to submit name updates. It actually generates the sql for me and saves it into a seperate DB (doesn't do the update itself right now - too dangerous :) ) I'll keep a watch on this table and do the updates. You have to be logged in to the forum, just like using statstool in order to do this as I log it by username.

These updates will then be applied and will be used on the DCR Teams (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/dcrteams.php) page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Other team members, I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word...

Bok :cheers:

Bok
11-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Made the updates requested by AMD Users...

Depsid has yet to be added to the team_alias table. Will be doing that today.

Thanks guys.

BlackMountainCow
11-08-2006, 10:57 AM
In the name of TeAm Anandtech, all I can say is: you :rock: and many thx for all the effort you put into this. I'll spread the word over on TA. :thumbs:

Bok
11-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, the response to this is pretty disappointing. In the one week since I put this up, I've had two members from AMD Users (thanks guys) use it only.

Is no one interested in the Teams DCR at all? No one even interested in helping me out. It's very easy to use the form to let me know any teams name on projects where it is missing of wrong. Anyone can go through some of the teams and do this for me, doesn't matter which team. It'll just take a few mins of your time.

Bok

The other thing I was trying to do with this is to allow people to let me know team names for various projects. It's a huge task for me to update my database with every team name for every project. So, I've written a short form which basically allows you to submit name updates. It actually generates the sql for me and saves it into a seperate DB (doesn't do the update itself right now - too dangerous :) ) I'll keep a watch on this table and do the updates. You have to be logged in to the forum, just like using statstool in order to do this as I log it by username.

These updates will then be applied and will be used on the DCR Teams (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/dcrteams.php) page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Other team members, I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word...

BlackMountainCow
11-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Just did the team adding for TeAm Anandtech - can be quite tricky at times to get the right names. :)

Bok
11-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Multiply that be all the teams out there and you can see what kind of a task I have!!

Thanks, all your changes are applied now :)

Bok

Biggles
11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I've updated a few more of the Ars teams, although I don't think you tracked us for Ubero or UD to name a couple.

Bok
11-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Added, thanks.

I don't track ubero or UD for you but that's a simple request away :)

Added Ubero, if you get me the teams page at UD I'll add it in...

Bok

BlackMountainCow
11-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Multiply that be all the teams out there and you can see what kind of a task I have!!

Indeed man, that's a lot of work! I wonder, though, why the other teams don't edit their own lists. Just lazy?

Darkness Productions
11-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Bok -

Maybe you can change the way stuff like Ubero and UD pull, to only pull the teams that are listed in the Teams DCR, and use the table to do that... Would make for an easy way for the teams to get their stats ;)

Bok
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
It's possible but I'd have to make some radical changes. For instance in Ubero, I use the webpages which have teamid as a number, but I don't hold the team as that number (it's a throwback to long ago). With only a few individuals who seem interested, not sure if it's worth the effort to be honest.

Bok

IronBits
11-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Ubero is dead, has been for quite sometime.
They do not have any viable work and it just sucks cpu power from other deserving projects.
I see no need to have stats for a project like that :looney:

Darkness Productions
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
IB:

Who are we to judge a 'valid' project? There are some people still running it heavily (http://www.dp.cx/pub/stats/ubero/leaderboard/today/), and love it. The stats are extremely easy to parse, and shouldn't take more than a few seconds for Bok's server, so what the hey, let them run.

Biggles
11-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Added, thanks.

I don't track ubero or UD for you but that's a simple request away :)

Added Ubero, if you get me the teams page at UD I'll add it in...

Bok

Cheers. Our Grid page is http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=3838B841-3C14-4989-B3AC-B6B9439C957D

Ta muchly.

Indeed man, that's a lot of work! I wonder, though, why the other teams don't edit their own lists. Just lazy?

I imagine it's simply that many of them don't know about all the features of Bok's stats. Most will know about the project stats, but some things like the DCR part of it I didn't know about for a long time.

Bok
11-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Added to UD, will appear in next update..

Probably, I should do a write up on everything that's available in the stats I suppose, not my forte though....

Bok

KAMCOBILL
11-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Bok,

I did team add request today:clap: Hope I did it right. I noticed that the projects with user with no team is showing up in our team stats. so I thought:D if you are going to update our team DCR would it be possible to defaut all projects with our team and solve the stats showing up. Or do you want me to do is from update page?

Here's our team stats http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams.php?team=X%20Grubbers%20Kick%20Ass if you need to see them before updating.

Thanks

Bill

KAMCOBILL
11-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Oops. I think I did it wrong. I think I'll redo the ones I messed up on.

Bok
11-18-2006, 06:49 PM
I've ran all the ones you've posted so far, so the page looks a little better now :)

They will apply to the DCR next time it runs (once per hour).

I thought about defaulting in the teams regular name and even coded it that way at first, but there are a few issues with it...maybe I can work them out in the future.

Thanks

Bok :thumbs:

KAMCOBILL
11-18-2006, 08:24 PM
OK. Thanks Bok:thumbs:

KAMCOBILL
11-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi Bok,

I added 1 new project (proteins @ home) today for team stats and I think around last week added Cuboids and changed 17orBust to underline instead of Plus.

Also, check signature above. Free-DC is fading away and Proteins @ Home isn't showing. It's showing up in user but not signature.

Thanks and happy crunching:clap:

Bill

Bok
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
I'll have to take a look at proteins@Home. I'm in the middle of a bit of a work roadtrip right now (just landed in Hartford,Ct from Phoenix). I've done the few updates you've requested. Will try to take a look at the sigs on friday as I'm ina a meeting all day tomorrow before flying home..

Bok

*EDIT* never mind, I fixed proteins@home.

KAMCOBILL
11-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Hi Bok,

That was a fast fix:thumbs:

Thanks,

Bill

Bok
12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks NeoGen for doing all those updates the last couple of days, it really helps me out!

Bok

Bok
12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks Neogen, KAMCOBILL and Birdman2584 for more updates across multiple teams. :thumbs:

More of this and we should see the DCR for teams (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/dcrteams.php?t=&page=overall) really taking shape..

I added in some teams to projects where I'm not tracking all teams yesterday, like Climate Prediction Classic and OGR24 (even though it's finished).

Is there an archived list of seti classic scores anywhere ??

I'm hoping to do more coding around the DCR this week (more tracking etc)

Any suggestions will be aprreciated :)

Bok

NeoGen
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks NeoGen for doing all those updates the last couple of days, it really helps me out!

Bok
No Bok, thank YOU for the awesome stats you provide us all with! :thumbs::cheers:

I would do more but I'm having problems connecting to the DCR Teams page, it takes about a minute to fully load a stats page. Don't know if it's my slow connection (2Mbit/128kbit), Microsoft IE7, or simply bad routes between our countries. I'll keep trying.

birdman2584
12-20-2006, 05:41 PM
yeah, what neogen said...thanks a ton for the stats!:thumbs:

Bok
12-21-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm going to do a small page to show which updates haven't been done and I'm also thinking of ranking the users who do updates for me (just for fun!!)..

Here is the current count

| birdman2584 | 128 |
| NeoGen | 97 |
| KAMCOBILL | 36 |
| Bok | 16 |
| BlackMountainCow | 10 |
| Biggles | 5 |
| vaughan | 2 |
| AMDave | 2 |
| XS_Martijn | 1 |

Bok
12-21-2006, 08:28 PM
yikes,

all those updates have certainly had an effect....

Teams DCR (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/dcrteams.php)

Bok :looney:

NeoGen
12-22-2006, 03:05 AM
Oops... Sorry...:jester:

I'll try to update some non-boinc projects to even things a bit. :)

birdman2584
12-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Bok: you probably already know this, but I just wanted to make sure.

On the different team pages for example: BleedinEdge (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams.php?team=BleedinEdge) , the places on the stats where it is supposed to be 0 is showing the total score for all users not in a team. An example of this is for Riesel Base 5 PRP (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=r5prp&team=) in which all the people not on a team equal around 90,000 points and if you look at that teams page they have a score of 90,000 also.

Other projects with this problem are:
Bewes (shows project rank)
DPAD
eOn
PSP Proth
PSP Sieve
Predictor@home (shows project rank)
Riesel Base 5 PRP
Riesel Base 5 Sieve
Riesel Sieve (rank)
Riesel Sieve LLR (rank)
Sierpinski Base 5 PRP
Sierpinski Base 5 Sieve
Seventeen or Bust
WhatPulse
Distributed Folding
FAD

I dont know if this is effecting the rank of the teams any, but I just thought I would raise the question.

Thanks Again! :banana:

Bok
12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
hmm,

where the team name is spaces, yes, that's a bug. I'll see if I can fix it.

I don't think it affects the rankings though as they don't get a score in the DCR as you can see here (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/dcrteams.php?t=&page=mat2)

I'm doing some additional coding to the teams page now to show the DCR score for each project with movement, just trying to figure out a 2 dimensional php array which isn't quite working!! Where is dp, I've just pinged him on IRC, he must be away :)

Bok

birdman2584
12-22-2006, 12:13 PM
:thumbs: sounds like a plan

Bok
12-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Fixed.

Actually I hadn't realised we didn't have the Free-DC team in for the r5 and s5 projects. I added them...

All of your changes are up to date too.

Bok

birdman2584
12-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that all looks a lot cleaner too.

Another possible bug:

I did some work on Team 2ch, and some of the archived projects like FAD arent giving any credit. The link to their page works, but the totals for the team arent adding down at the bottom for "team total" I dont know how many other teams this may effect.:smoking:

Thanks.

Bok
12-22-2006, 01:07 PM
:yikes:

you had me worried for a minute. I thought my database was corrupt!!

It's just a case sensitivity thing. Their team name on fad is actually 'Team2ch' and not 'team2ch'.

I think the link works as the sql for getting the individals must be case insensitive somehow on teamstats.php. Actually on second thoughts it's probably the way the table columns are defined for the users table. i.e. the team is not a key. mysql as default, I think, doesn't care about case sensitivity. But you can force it to if it's the key which I have for the team table..

I fixed their fad one.

phewwww

birdman2584
12-22-2006, 01:18 PM
ok, so I need to be careful about the case then? If I try to go back and fix those other ones, will the request go through if there is already a link put in?
:looney:

Bok
12-22-2006, 01:25 PM
it will. All it does is generate an update statement for me to run, then I just pull all the statements and run them :)

I should put some automation in, maybe.

Bok
12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
I just added a ton of them where the team name matches the team alias name via a script. Let's see what the next update produces :)

Bok

birdman2584
12-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I bet that will knock out a ton of us to do manually...saving lots of time...:thumbs:

NeoGen
12-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Bok, be careful if you find more than one teams with the same name. It's possible on Boinc projects and it has happened already. Generally, the one with higher points is the correct one. ;)

NeoGen
12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Bok... how can we supply more teams into the DCR? Or even into some projects stats that don't show all?
I've noticed a few fairly strong teams out there missing from the DCR that I'd like to add, like BOINC@Australia, TEAMgsvr, BOINC@Poland, etc, but there is no option on the page. I even tried manipulating the page link and submitting to see if it would work but no visible result came up (you probably received some errors on your end)

And on some other projects I tried adding teams that were not represented on your stats, like on CPDN Classic there's only 6 teams currently being tracked and I tried adding some more on the DCR stats that are not being tracked, and it also didn't work.
There are not many teams on that project in particular, less than 100, so I wouldn't mind submitting them manually one by one if I could. Is there a way to do it?

Bok
12-26-2006, 03:03 PM
hmm, good point,

it'll have to be manually for now until I do a new form.

I've just added those 3 you mentioned.

As for tracking new teams on projects such as CPDN classic, I can't see any way of automating it. I pull the data via the xml feed but it's for individual teams. I'm happy to add more though.

The feeds are of the form

http://cpdn.comlab.ox.ac.uk/user/grpxml.php?name=Free-DC

So I just have a list of them in my script, if you can find the exact team names I'll add them all in.

For Folding@Home, it's just the teamid I need, for instance Free-DC is 60.

For OGR25 and RC572 I have to retrieve the overall stats pages for each team, so for instance for Free-DC I get

http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmember.php?project_id=25&team=26268

And parse that one..

Bok :cheers::santa:

NeoGen
12-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Hmm... now that I look at it more closely, it's more teams than I thought at CPDN classic. I only used to see the top 200.
But nevertheless, here's a listing of teams I collected from the site... all 898 of them. Each line of the text file is the name of a team on CPDN classic. (Even those weird ones with symbols)
p.s. - Be careful, the 6 teams tracked on the stats are in that list too.

So... are you sure you want me to find teams names to add to the other projects stats too? ... :jester:

Bok
12-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll see how long the script takes to run. Getting 898 pages would not be quick :)

For some projects like WCG and UD it's just impractical to do all teams unless they provided a feed. I don't really want to add too many more to those projects..

F@H, whereas they do provide a text file with all the scores in and I do get it, it takes a long long time to parse the whole lot.

OGR and RC5 would be almsot impossible to do all teams too, but they only update once per day so I think 100 or even 500 teams is probably ok.

birdman2584
12-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Bok, another question or perhaps something you should look into. For "L'Alliance Francophone", there are many entries, such as chess960 that arent showing up, but the link takes it to their page. It also does not show them on the team dcr page. And another thing is this the same team as "Alliance Francophone"? Thanks for the guidance on getting this working correcly.:thumbs:

Bok
12-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I'll check it out today.

Bok
12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
I think it's fixed now. Was a problem with quoting in the perl script which does the actual calculations. Missed doing the $dbh->quote on one of the sql calls :blush:

Let me know if it looks ok now ?

NeoGen
12-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Bok... don't know if you've looked into the CPDN classic teams list I posted above, and the possibility of adding them all, but I got another question for you already.
I've noticed that you only track 5 teams on SETI classic, the archived project. And the SETI stats seem to still be up and running, altough there's not a way to get them by xml or some all-at-once way. I found the old site and in the stats page we can get the teams listing for teams started with 'A', then with 'B', then with 'C'... and so on...
So... if I make a push at it, download all those pages, parse all those teams into a huge list in a recognizable format (xml, csv, or some other if you prefer), the question is... Will you add the >50,000 teams into the stats??

I am confident that I can pull the job, and I would like it that you could host them because I know that with you that data will be kept alive and safe for many more years to come. I don't trust that the old classic SETI site will stay online for much longer.

But they're literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of teams... and even bigger numbers for participants. I think the problem is if you have the available space to host all that. The project is stopped, so it would not take any bandwidth to update.

So... what do you say? Shall we salvage it? :)

p.s. - I still don't see BOINC@Australia or the others on the Teams DCR... I can't pick them on the drop down combo boxes either, so I don't know how to update their DCR values. Am I missing something?

Bok
12-31-2006, 12:08 AM
It's a one time for Seti so go for it... let me know where to get the stats....not tonight though... need to spend the night with the wife :)

Remind me about Boinc@autralia and I'll I get it fixed..

birdman2584
01-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Bok, Boitho is not listed on the team DCR pages, but it is available to add through the drop down box on bug submissions. Not sure if you meant to do this or not.

Bok
01-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I did. At least I think I did.

I know I didn't include it in the DCR for some reason, but I forget what (must be old age !).

Same as Dolphin, Whatpulse and TKC. They are included (and actually show in the DCR for now..) but their totals do not get included in the DCR totals.

But the dropdown should contain every project as it can still appear in the teams homepage (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams.php?team=Free-DC) regardless of it being in the DCR. :)

Bok

AMDave
01-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Tapped the keys a few times and updated a few for you.
Starting with the funky characters and ones that I know have odd differences across projects off the top of my head. Sticking with a team-at-once approach so I don't revisit them. No idea how many entries I put through but I see the updates coming through today, so you are keeping up :)
Let us know if you get overloaded. More coming this weekend. hehe ;)

Bok
01-03-2007, 07:55 AM
No problem... keep them coming. I've had close to 1000 submissions so far which is really helping. I scripted something to do the actual updates :)

AMDave
01-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Hey! I just noticed this thread has stats on stats. LOL That's funny.

birdman2584
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Bok... how can we supply more teams into the DCR? Or even into some projects stats that don't show all?
I've noticed a few fairly strong teams out there missing from the DCR that I'd like to add, like BOINC@Australia, TEAMgsvr, BOINC@Poland, etc, but there is no option on the page.

Bok, I know you said you added these, but I dont see them on the drop-down box to switch teams.

I've just added those 3 you mentioned.

Also, I was wondering if we could add some of those other teams that seem to have quite a bit of power in them.

Bok
01-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I thought I had as well :bonk:

I've added them now and they are showing up in the list...

Go for it, just let me know the teams and I'll add them!

birdman2584
01-19-2007, 08:37 PM
SETI.USA
Einstein@UWM
Canada
BOINC.Italy
Taiwan
USA
Portugal@Home
BOINCstats
Special: Off-Topic

This is it for now...and a question, how often are the team dcr stats updated?

Thanks again.:banana:

Bok
01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
All added!

It's run every hour..

birdman2584
01-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I hate to be a pain, but something isnt working right.

The scores show up properly, but they arent being factored into the dcr rankings.

for example BOINC@Poland (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams.php?team=BOINC@Poland) isnt showing any dcr rank in the upper right hand corner, and they arent listed on the teams dcr page within the rankings.

Thanks

AMDave
01-20-2007, 02:34 AM
I made maybe a couple of hundred entries (not sure how many - wanna update that table bok? ;) )
What I note is that this only adds the score for the teams if bok's stats already process the stats for that team in that project. For some projects if the team is not included in the project stats this score will not come up on the Teams DCR. It does not trigger the processing of the stats for that team in the project. I am guessing that would require bok to add them into the table/script for that project. Is that right?

Bok
01-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Correct,

For some I need to add specific pages to parse in the scripts.

DNET, F@H, UD and WCG all srping to mind..

So I need to be told of any new teams for those. UD and WCG are particularly troublesome..

Bok

birdman2584
01-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey bok, any word on that problem with the team stats? :smoking:

Bok
01-20-2007, 10:39 AM
oops, sorry. I read that late last night then forgot about it. They should show up in the next update. I have a flag on the table to say whether they are included in the DCR (just a left over from the users one where it's optional) and didn't set it for the new teams..

Bok

birdman2584
01-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Mr. Bok, Excellent job once again, it is appreciated :thumbs:

Bok
01-20-2007, 01:48 PM
sure thing. Thanks for doing all the team changes, it certainly has shaken (http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/dcrteams.php) it up somewhat :)

birdman2584
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM
no problemo:thumbs: