PDA

View Full Version : DPAD Project offline "for a few weeks"

Fozzie
11-09-2006, 02:49 PM
"NB: This project is temporarily out of service as some rewriting is needed of the results database. This notice will be removed when this is finished. Results sent in will be stored on the FTP servers, though it's probably best to try another project for the next few weeks."

Now I don't know when the "few weeks" started and how long "a few" is going to be.

Might be worth running somethign else until the project is back online.

It would be a real :swear: if all the effort we are putting in will not be used with the new version.

LAURENU2
11-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't think it is a new version Fozzie

He is rewriting the results database not the clients
He was having problems with a 2Gig limits
Or some thing like that

riptide
11-09-2006, 06:40 PM
"though it's probably best to try another project for the next few weeks"

I really really don't like that part. If the results are already stored on the FTP server.... why would it be best to divert allocated power to another project? Certainly at the risk of people diverting and not coming back.... doesn't sound good... but... hey... if it does come back... could be the biggest dumps you ever seen! :)

Fozzie
11-10-2006, 02:57 AM
I for one will be swinging everything back to SoB until DPAD has proved to be back online and stable.

Then we can look at grabbing 1st place.

Bok
11-10-2006, 10:30 AM
hmm,

I'm torn a little. I'm racking up quite a few points offline and wanted to get a 10M dump or more (probably a lot more) - now I'm not so sure... :( Decisions decisions.

Bok :swear:

meep
11-10-2006, 11:56 AM
It would be nice to get some feedback from the man himself, but he doesnt seem to want to post on the project forums...

Bok
11-10-2006, 11:57 AM
He has posted today....

meep
11-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Just seen that and replied :)

All boxes now running offline, adding 2 more systems over the weekend and the Xeons are crunching again.... I think the uploads will have to be phased a little :)

LAURENU2
11-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Just seen that and replied :)

All boxes now running offline, adding 2 more systems over the weekend and the Xeons are crunching again.... I think the uploads will have to be phased a little :)
Yes meep you better not stop if you stop you will never :stomp: me -->>:moon:
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=107315&postcount=7
I all ready have 250 Mb of files waiting to send in and adding 50 Mb a day to that

riptide
11-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes meep you better not stop if you stop you will never :stomp: me -->>:moon:
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=107315&postcount=7
I all ready have 250 Mb of files waiting to send in and adding 50 Mb a day to that
Tis humourous that stephen mentioned your name and the word 'trouble' in the same sentence. Reading into it I'd say Lauren broke the project.:rotfl:

If I was a Tabloid Newspaper editor...... "Lauren Destroys DPAD Project" :harhar:

LAURENU2
11-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Tis humourous that stephen mentioned your name and the word 'trouble' in the same sentence. Reading into it I'd say Lauren broke the project.:rotfl:

If I was a Tabloid Newspaper editor...... "Lauren Destroys DPAD Project" :harhar:
No :blush: No :blush: No :blush: they said it was meep-->:jester: J/J
:hiya: I swear it was not me I was a GoooooooD :harhar: Boy_:slap:

LAURENU2
12-06-2006, 02:01 AM
The project is now back UP and updating AGAIN

Digital Parasite
12-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Oh good, I can dump my stuff that has been building up. Hopefully their servers can handle all the influx of results.

LAURENU2
12-06-2006, 10:26 AM
I hope so :confused: I did post that I had a Gig or more to send in and :umm: Stephen did answer it was OK to send it in

meep
12-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Wooohoooo, 14mill built up before it fell over :)

I have been harvesting my text files over the last few weeks, I think a weekend :dump: is in order :thumbs:

LAURENU2
12-06-2006, 08:48 PM
I have one result.txt that is 22.5 Mb but it gets stopped by a error message every time I try to send it:swear:
Anyone know how to fix it or send it in??

Digital Parasite
12-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Not sure about the error message, better post that on the forum to see what to do.

I noticed the main web page says things are still down so I'm not sure if he is fully ready for everyone to start uploading again. I might hold off for a bit longer until things are back to "normal". Although I don't have anything the size of your dumps.

Fozzie
12-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Change your config to use the FTP style dump instead of the newer HTTP. The FTP routine can handle the larger file sizes.

LAURENU2
12-08-2006, 09:44 AM
1/2 of All my nodes have sent in from 15 to 26 MB each
Only that one node gives a error when sending
So it is not the upload method of Results that is the problem:swear: