PDA

View Full Version : Kill the decimals in SIMAP scores?

caferace
12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Heya Bok....

It just looks weird, since none of my other projects score showing decimals.

see here: http://stats.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=caferace

cheers,

-jim

Bok
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Actually, I think I should put in decimals on more of the boinc projects to be honest. I certainly hold the decimals....

What does everyone else think ?

Of course you can suppress them in statstool if you wish anyway :)

Bok :cheers:

CaptainMooseInc
12-04-2006, 11:19 PM
I think any decimals after the hundreths should be eliminated, at least in the statstool. It's good to keep them in the stats files themselves so they can be more accurate but the statstool gets nasty looking with too many decimals. Maybe default to hundreths in statstool and in stats but in the background they are actually there for more precise? Then if someone chooses to stretch it out they can go into statstool and expand it from there?

That way statstool looks nice and clean for anyone who may be interested in using it but might be scared off by 15135235.136276235 :o

caferace
12-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Of course you can suppress them in statstool if you wish anyway :)
Hrrm. Peering, looking under rock and viewing source... OK. You got me. Where? :)

-jim

edit: Note, I see "Restrict Decimals" now and will try zero, assuming BMC's feature request below worked. And of course it will. Silly me.:stupid:

Bok
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
The 'restrict decimals' column will set you free :)

Bok :thumbs::jester:

caferace
12-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Danke. I think I did that before, but didn't wait for the image to be reproduced. I'll check in a half or so.

cheers,

-jim :cheers: