PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if after the furious activity in the Vault when the new projects were added

tiosuper
01-11-2007, 07:52 AM
the Vault organizers will add new projects soon?

If so which DC projects do you thing will be added?

Let's say I for one was surprised at the choices for the projects that were selected this time. Are there projects you think one must "beef-up" in case they are selected?

Your opinion is valued.

Latter Edit:

Please realize that my question is not about the "worthiness" of any project. The issue of "project-worthiness" is one of the most acrimonious in any DC community : a cause for fights and divisions. That is not my intention.

The fact is that in less than a week , the situation in the three "new projects" has kind of settled and vault standings seem to be stabilized. I just wondered if the Vault people are going to add extra projects and if so what projects you think will be.

My apologies, If I was not clear enough. Drat there has to be an "open mouth-insert foot" smilie somewhere in the net.

Please feel free to ignore the this question. It was dumb to start with.

em99010pepe
01-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Here's my humble opinion.
That page is showing me that almost all teams run for the stats and not for the goal of the project. 70% of the DC projects are rubbish.

Carlos

jasong
01-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I've never been much interested in competition, I only worry about points if I'm interested in the efficiency of my machines.

LAURENU2
03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I've never been much interested in competition, I only worry about points if I'm interested in the efficiency of my machines.
We are going to have to send you to competition class
We here at Free-DC are vary competitive:hifi:

jasong
03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
We are going to have to send you to competition class
We here at Free-DC are vary competitive:hifi:
Most people probably know this, but there's no official standard for handing out points in the BOINC projects. I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be better to have a DC Vault competition that only dealt with BOINC projects. Mind you, I'm not favoring that choice, I'm just wondering if it would be a better situation for the projects in general.