PDA

View Full Version : Welcome shish!

em99010pepe
03-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Welcome shish!!!

Carlos

Paratima
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
What ^ he said! Good to see you crunchin' EON.

Paratima
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
And jasong, in case I didn't see you earlier. :D

Workee, workee!

Shish
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Just playing around with a few things and wanted to see if it played well with Bonk-Proteins. Tried runnin Muon but that is out of control and just takes over.
I'll keep it running for now anyway and mebbe put it on another server when I get time to reinstall it.
What's this with it keep stopping and throwing zzzz's?

Shish
03-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Mebbe I've got brain fog tonite but there doesn't seem much info on running this project.
Any way, apart from using srvany and a gui client, to run 2 instances easily.
Any script junkies out there with less brain death than I'm suffering from heading for 60 and eating too many pills?:)

Paratima
03-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, I'm at 60 and too many pills, so you got company.

Anyhow, the ZZZ's occur naturally during the life cycle of the project. At some point, the server gets to where it needs to crunch a particularly difficult bit, so it slows down accepting and issuing of WU's. It can take an hour or a day, during which it gets REALLY BORING. Then as soon as it gets "over the hump", computationally speaking, everything is sweetness and light again and the WU's flow.

ZZZ's are an EON fact of life. Ya just keep crunchin'. :looney:

Oh yeah, srvany works great with EON. Just have separate directories for each instance. GUI? Don't need no stinkin' GUI.

Shish
03-27-2007, 06:20 PM
OK, I' ll wait till the back nd neck settles tomorrow and sort out srvany. While since I've used it but it'll give me something to exercise my brain and stop it atrophy'ing :). The gui seems to stop, pause and resume (sometimes) on it's own so guess I''ll just ignore it as I'm running Proteins as the main.
Need to rebuild a Win Server 2003 disk and get the other machine back online to get some output back.

Paratima
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
All you need in a directory is the current dll, which is how they change the project, right now it's AlCli.dll, client.cfg, client.exe and the key.pub file, whatever that is. I rename my clients EON1.exe, EON2, etc, so I can tell them apart in Task Manager if one needs killing.

I went through all the gray-cell bending to figure it out and set up a srvany disk. If I can find the sucker, I'll post it for ya.

Shish
03-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I used a srvany script for F@h a while back so not used it for a while but will figure it out unless you have it handy. My spine isn't co-operating just now so the junkiness is increasing for a few days and by the time I add some alcohol to the mix I'll be fit for nowt for a couple of days:cheers::rotfl: