PDA

View Full Version : ? Problem with client throwing units away?

PenDragon
07-24-2002, 04:31 AM
I encountered a problem with the client yesterday.

Home machine had been running for a couple of days on -df -qt -i f and it had between 30 - 40 completed sets of work to upload.
I stopped the client and restarted it with -df -u t to just send the units off.
The client checked for newer version. (Should it bother to do this I only asked to upload units and then terminate).
Then as I don't have autoupdate.cfg set on this machine, prompted me with "New version , OK to download" type message. I chose "no" as I had limited time and the send was going to take long enough over dial up without downloading a 4.5 mb client update first.
When I hit no, the client process then terminated itself.
I then checked the client directory and all of the completed work had been deleted as well.

This is not the first time that the client side program, has not taken enough regard for completed work.

P.S. The dual processor service restart problem that Terminator and I let you know about on the 4th still seems to be there, my W2K server didn't restart it's second service.

Regards

PenDragon :)

Brian the Fist
07-24-2002, 10:13 AM
The client deletes the old work because until now old work was not accepted. As I mentioned on the News page of the web site, a fix that will not delete the old work will be available shortly (before the next update)