PDA

View Full Version : FATAL ERROR: [001.012] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4083} File failed checksum toph19_eef1.i

vaughan
07-26-2002, 10:38 PM
I got this error:
FATAL ERROR: [001.012] {foldtrajlite.c, line 4083} File failed checksum toph19_eef1.inp

What does it mean?
How do I fix it.

System:
AMD Athlon 2000+, 512MB 2100DDR RAM, W2kPro.

MBMv5 shows CPU temp rises to 73°C when running DF via dfGUI v1.7.
In contrast when running Ubero it rises to 68°C. Ambient is 20°C.
Vaughan

Brian the Fist
07-27-2002, 12:01 PM
It means your file is corrupted. Ive attached a 'good' copy to this reply. Remove the .txt extension and replace the existing file.

Michael H.W. Weber
08-04-2002, 05:22 PM
How is this possible? I had this same error on two independent AMD machines. The files were okay all the time - just until today.

Michael.

Scoofy12
08-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by vaughan

MBMv5 shows CPU temp rises to 73°C when running DF via dfGUI v1.7.
In contrast when running Ubero it rises to 68°C. Ambient is 20°C.
Vaughan

:scared: :scared: 73 !!! :shocked: and it still runs? You should really think about better cooling for that thing.

vaughan
08-08-2002, 07:39 AM
I took the side panel off the box, blew away the accumulated dust, set a 12 inch fan up to blow on the innards. Now I get 53°C at idle and 65°C running DC projects.
vaughan

tpdooley
08-08-2002, 04:11 PM
There's still something really wrong if you're hitting 65c..

When I upgraded to an Athlon 900Mhz my room was getting noticeably warmer - and I noticed that the cpu temps were in the 60c range.
I replaced the orb fan (which got poor reviews) with a slightly better mastercooler heatsinkfan assembly.. and it lowered the temp marginally.
Then I noticed the Asus motherboard (in jumperfree mode) was giving the cpu 1.95v instead of 1.75v.
slight decrease in temp again.
Aggrevated, I opted for artic silver paste and the NoiseControl Silverado HSF; but it didn't do as good a job for me as on the reviews.
another slight decrease in temp.
I noticed that AMD has actual case recommendations - and my case didn't have a fan opening next to the cpu.

replacing the case with one of Antec's Performance line (room for 2 fans in front, plus one in front of the HD, room for 2 beside the cpu, and the p/s fan - and finally, I got reasonably close to the temps in the reviews.

Then the motherboard went to heaven - and I jumped to a 1800+ xp, and an MSI motherboard. :) And with a room temp of 24c I'm getting 47c temps when folding.

Is there a possible problem that I didn't run into? :bang:

*snicker*
Take a look at www.amd.com for their stand on recommended case types for the Athlon cpus.. (although with it being open and blowing air into the case, that's probably not the major problem).

And take a look at www.tomshardware.com on some of the HSF reviews for ideas on better cooling solutions.

as for voltage - somewhere on amd's site there's probably a few pdf files on correct voltage settings. Old athlons were 1.75v, the first Athlon xps were 1.7v, and with the new release, we now have 1700 and 1800+ .13u XPs at 1.5v, 1900-2100? (a few in the middle) at 1.6v, and the high speed ones at 1.65v (this is from memory - so may need to be confirmed).