LAURENU2
08-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Go to Edit in your post look for the delete button in the
Group of 4 buttons lower right hand of the edit box

Not sure if you can delete if someone posted after you

And I think there is a time limit to

Paratima
08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
It seems to be a time limit. I should be able to delete a post regardless of post posts or time. If I started the thread, deleting my first post should delete the whole thread. Not working. Why would there be a time limit?

em99010pepe
08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
It seems to be a time limit. I should be able to delete a post regardless of post posts or time. If I started the thread, deleting my first post should delete the whole thread. Not working. Why would there be a time limit?

For obvious reasons....imagine in a discussion you say something wrong that starts a fight then you go back and edit the message to clean yourself from the fight...that's wrong...you should be responsible for your acts. Sometimes I feel sorry not to be able to edit my messages because I often misspell words.

By deleting the whole thread you would create a big mess.
The current rules are in order.

Paratima
08-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I try to refrain from "imagining" discussions. That way leads to madness.

This world is not about what people "might" do but about what they do. If you have a problem with a member abusing the forum, well, that's what the "Report" button is for. This automatic stuff seems heavy-handed.

See! You have an opinion and I have a different one. All is quite correct. :rotfl:

alpha
08-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I think that is the default behaviour on most forums. Isn't prevention the best cure?

gopher_yarrowzoo
08-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah Alpha, I concur it is default behaviour on most forums actually yet to see a forum where you can delete a post after it's been made, only way to have that done is for the forum mod to step in and delete the post / thread.
It's so that people can't edit a post afterwards as well to as carlos said oh wait your argument doesn't hold up against what I've put I don't know where you got that from type stuff, Seen it happen seen threads / forum members get NUKED for it.

LAURENU2
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I believe you can delete a thread if you just posted it and no one has read it or is it just replied to it:thumbs:

BOK :Pokes: can we have a call on this

em99010pepe
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I believe you can delete a thread if you just posted it and no one has read it or is it just replied to it:thumbs:

BOK :Pokes: can we have a call on this

The second one with an upgrade: "no one replied to it"

Bok
08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Correct. That's the vBulletin default behavior. It can be altered somewhat, but I don't believe it even allows for non moderators to delete posts that do not belong to them.

The time limit to delete your own posts is configurable though. It's set to 2 days right now which is what it has always been. I'm not averse to changing it if required but I don't really see the point. If anyone has a post/thread they really wish to be deleted they can always PM myself or any of the other mods :cheers:

Bok

Paratima
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Bok. It only took half a dozen replies before you actually answered my original question. I still think it's a lazy default, but with the trouble of finding good mods, then I can understand it. I just don't know why it should be the case on Free-DC.